Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

3.8

on 9/11/2009 1:51:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Wow! I was looking for a less $$ pressed powder fdtn to replace my beloved LP which is just too pink and found the great reviews here. I used my EM flat top to apply after I spotted the uglies with concealer and used Clinique pore stuff. Coverage is not as sheer as the package says and did a wonderful job on my broken caps and leftover redness from a pimple or two. I did use the sponge to "spot treat" any leftover areas that needed extra help and it all blended beautifully. Definitely worth a try. I got nude 40 & it looks good on my light/medium skin. Yellow based and most of the colors looked that way with some sort of pinkish. Compact is stupid as the mirror is under the powder -- grrrr ---but all in all a fabulous product. No oxidation either which is a huge problem for me. Took a lippie off for retarted packaging and low to no oil control. Otherwise ---- I'm in love!!!!

Covers very well, including some cystic acne I've been having lately :-/. For me, it is just a cheaper version of Clinique's Almost Powder Makeup SPF 15 (see my review for that). Lasts all day, covers flaws and imperfections wonderfully. Good for oilier skins. Just one FYI: I used this while tubing, and it did get orangy when it mixed with my SPF and the water. Other than that, great product!

on 7/31/2009 3:46:00 PM

I have honestly tried almost EVERY mineral foundation out there including, BE, Smashbox, PUR Minerals, and every Drug Store mineral foundation you can imagine. The foundation I had the best luck with was the PUR Minerals but it made my face an oil slick by early afternoon. I had been dealing with it just because it didn't make my skin break out and I loved the natural but full coverage it provided. Well, two weeks ago I bought this Neutrogena Mineral Foundation and I LOVE it. It has the coverage that I liked about PUR Minerals and it does not make my face a shiny mess. My skin looks healthy and pimple free. It also lasts all day which was a surprise to me for a drug store foundation. I will definately keep buying this.

on 7/29/2009 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

i've hit pan on this product. this is great for evening out skin tones and since its a powder it helps with oily skin. this also makes your skin look healthy and glowy. this great if youre doing your nakeup in a rush. however this doesnt cover up scars so you have to use a concealer.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I LOVE this stuff! I had to cut down on how much I was spending on make-up recently. I went from using brands from Sephora to this. Although I will sometimes use a sheer more expensive liquid underneath for more coverage it still is amazing alone. I love that it's a mineral foundation but is in a compact. One layer usually doesn't give me enough coverage but the fact that you can build on it without it looking cakey is great. A must have for summer!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My only regret is that I resisted trying mineral powder makeup for so long! I bought BE's loose powder and Neutrogena's powder foundation, and I LOVE the Neutrogena. I get compliments every time I wear it. And best of all, it covers the redness of my rosacea. I'm sold.

on 6/26/2009 8:10:00 PM

This is da best powder ever i really like it and i have not tried anything better!!!!

on 6/8/2009 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I acutally like this foundation (yes i am surprised lol). I think this is perfect for summer. It only provides sheer to medium coverage so I do have to conceal a few areas, but no biggie. I apply this with the sigma kabuki brush. it's foolproof and fast. and the best thing is that it doesn't seem to aggravate my acne:) oh, i apply a primer (pure luxe eraser) and then a silica powder before i apply this foundation. i also apply silica powder after applying my foundation.

on 6/4/2009 11:27:00 PM

this is my first mineral makeup, and i am pretty impressed with it. i don't use it as a foundation anymore, bc it tends to look a little cakey if you try to cover up anything with it (minus one lippie). but it works great at setting a liquid fountation and for touch-ups (which i don't need anymore with rimmel lasting finish and this over it). plus, it has spf 20, so hey, it's a foundation and sunscreen, how cool is that?

i bought this brand-new off someone for $4, so when i saw this was actually $12 at the store, i began to use this stuff with a lighter hand haha. i would repurchase, though i wish i could get it for $4 again :P

on 4/28/2009 7:42:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

This a great d/s powder foundation even though it doesn't feel like I have foundation on. I have this in Natural Ivory and to my surprise it doesn't turn pink on me as some Ivory shades do. It gives me sheer to medium coverage and it feels lightweight. All in all a nice d/s powder with Spf 20 so if you don't apply a sunscreen your covered with this. **Note to self**My cousin tried this and she has dry skin and it enhanced her flakies and made her skin look chalky so be advised. Me: Mac NC20-25/Dior 020 light beige.