Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

Filtered by age: 30-35
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

3.6

Active Ingredients:†Titanium Dioxide (3%) Inactive Ingredients:†Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Dimethicone, Silica, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Myristate, Oryza Sativa Starch (Rice), Polymethyl Methacrylate, Methylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Alumina, Silk Powder, Nylon 12, Propylparaben, Panthenol, Glycine Soja Flour (Soybean), Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Chrysanthemum Parthenium Flower Extract (Feverfew), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Pantothenic Acid, Retinyl Acetate (Vitamin A), Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), May Contain ( /-):, Iron Oxides, Carmine (CI 75470)

on 12/18/2008 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

This is the 2nd time I've bought this product. I can understand why this is a hit and miss for so many. Let me tell you why it's a hit for me: I have yellow undertones, need to even out skin tone with a foundation that provides great coverage without heavy build up, I wear shimmer eye shadows and blushes to give me a "glow". Now, with that said, Bare Min. foundation does not cover problems or have lasting power, in my opinion. I have used Sephora's mineral pressed powder and urban decay's. For me, Neutrogena's has better color b/c of my yellow, covers MUCH better, and is SO much cheaper. This to me is just the best mineral makeup I've found so far. I use Bare Minerals flawless radiance or clear radiance over it and viola, perfect skin for me. Paired up with ULTA's sunburst eyeshadow on my eyes and cheeks (yes, and cheeks), even better. If you have yellow undertones, need sheer coverage that actually covers and you like to use shimmery colored makeup on eyes and cheeks (cause without them you're face may look dull or dry), you will probably like this. I keep coming back to it.

I like a medium coverage foundation. I am currently using some sheer ones for summer just to even things out but thought from the reviews that this would be a good try because the coverage is buildable and so many seemed pleased with the product.

As a foundation this product blows. I don't get the positive reviews at all but I also know things work different for different people. For me this stinks. It covers NOTHING. I have tried it with sponge and with brush and I really get nothing but powder on face and plenty of red showing through. I think my old color id and almost makeup cover better than this.

I may keep it as a finishing powder.

on 5/18/2008 5:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had been using Jane Iredale's pressed base for quite a while, but I actually like this better because it doesn't have that dry, cakey look that so many MMU's have on me, including Jane Iredale. It would be nice if they made a shade lighter though, but the classic ivory works pretty well for me for now. It doesn't emphasize lines and pores either like other MMU's which is a big plus. It goes on more like a nice smooth face powder, but with more coverage and pigment. I like that it does have as much SPF coverage as Jane Iredale but is way cheaper (around $13 vs. $40)! It doesn't seem to be contributing to breakouts either. It's not a miracle product, but I'm liking it a lot, and have already repurchased.

on 5/18/2008 5:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm surprised by the other low ratings for this powder foundation, because I really like it. I had been using Jane Iredale's pressed base for quite a while, but I actually like this better because it doesn't have that dry, cakey look that so many MMU's have on me, including Jane Iredale. The classic ivory works pretty well for me. It doesn't emphasize lines and pores either like other MMU's which is a big plus. It goes on more like a nice smooth face powder. I like that it does have as much SPF coverage as Jane Iredale but is way cheaper (around $13 vs. $40)! It doesn't seem to be contributing to breakouts either. It's not a miracle product, but I'm liking it a lot, and have already repurchased.
**Update: Still using this every day, and I've repurchased numerous times. The only two drawbacks - doesn't have the greatest staying power (but I can live with that) and I use it up so quickly - I can go through one compact in 2-3 weeks easily. Still, it's the best I've found so far, so I'll stick with it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is officially my HG of foundation. After numerous trials and tribulations with almost every single brand/type of foundation on the market I finally found one that makes my skin look almost flawless. I canít understand all the poor reviews as this foundation makes my skin look like a million bucks. Iíve tried everything from drugstore brands to my most recent Estee Lauder Double Wear Light (not so much) and decided to give this a try. I love the sponge applicator, it takes literally seconds to apply the makeup to your entire face. The color was perfect Ė Natural Ivory and gives a matte appearance which is exactly what Iím looking for. Iíve stayed away from mineral foundations after disasters tries with Bare Minerals and Everyday Minerals, they both broke me out after 2 applications. So far Iíve been using this for about a week with no breakouts, only flawless looking skin. I do have oily skin and do have to re-apply after lunch time but thatís not a big deal, Iím used to it. All in all I love this foundation and am so glad I finally found my HG and at a drugstore no less.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really like this product. I have been looking for mineral makeup in pressed form that you can apply with a sponge - and this is it! I used to be a Mac Studio Fix girl until I discovered mineral make-up (so much more natural looking and good for your skin). After trying EVERY kind of mineral makeup, I settled on Everyday MInerals, until it started breaking my skin out. I don't know why, but it's the only thing I've switched so it must have something to do with that. Anyway, the Neutrogena is a faster application, easier to take with you, and seems to be better for my skin. I think it's evening out my complexion a bit more. The colors are a bit off for me (looks a little ashey when I first apply), I think these are more yellow and I'm more of a "cool" to a "neutral". It's only at first, and then the color seems fine, it wears great throughout the day and seems to control shine better than any other mineral makeup that I've tried.

on 3/31/2008 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I normally use JI purepressed minerals in Sienna, but I decided to try this Neutrogena one out b/c the price is great, it's fairly easy to find and it also has SPF 20 (I think JI has SPF 18.)

Anyway, I really wanted to love this, but this is just so-so. I have very oily skin but found that this Neutrogena powder accentuated the tiniest bits of flakieness on my face, whereas the JI did not. I got the lightest shade, I think Ivory, and when I first put it on, I look pretty pale, but after an hour or so, the oiliness of my face oxidizes it to a near perfect match to my actual skin tone.

I like that the coverage is matte and fairly buildable. I don't love the sponge it comes with though. It's not my HG powder foundation w/ SPF, but it's a good low-end effort. I prefer my JI, but in a pinch, if I don't have time to get to my local makeup boutique to pick up my JI, I will pick this one up again at my local Target.

on 3/2/2008 2:52:00 PM

Oh wonderful wonderful wonderful. My best foundation ever. Makes my skin look truly beautiful. Wears all day. I am deeply impressed with Neutrogena now.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

So I just happen to come across this powder at a local Walgreens, in their "new items" section, and of course I had to try it! I've been looking for a compact mineral foundation and was very happy to find one from Neutrogena, which is known for being gentle and non-comedogenic. I am Asian and have some yellow in my skin, so it can be hard to find a good color match. I tried the Nude 40 color, and it's a very good match for my skin tone. I have tried it for about a week now and am pretty happy with it. I have oily skin and am prone to break outs. I haven't noticed any break outs this week and my skin actually feels smoother (maybe my imagination?) I usually use BE in medium beige, and it gives good coverage, but tends to oxidize slightly with my oily skin and will sometimes fade around the corners around my nose. But with the Mineral Sheers, the powder color stayed true and I noticed less shine throughout the day! I use a baby kabuki brush in the a.m. and it gives me a light coverage but hides my dark spots pretty well. I use BPO in the a.m. so i was worried a pressed powder foundation would look too cakey or dry on my face. But this powder doesn't look too matte or heavy. The sponge application is a bit heavy for me, especially for touch ups during the afternoon. I will have to start carrying a small portable brush. But overall, a very good product, especially for the price. I paid $12.99 last week, but Walgreens is having a sale this week for 40% so I will stop by and pick up a couple extra, maybe in a darker tone for the summer as well! I give it 4 out of 5 only because I wasn't happy with the packaging, having to flip the compact up to access the mirror. They should use the MAC packaging which is perfect. But I suppose since it's drugstore brand, they need to display the color with the clear lid.

on 1/25/2008 9:34:00 AM

This is the worst foundation I have ever tried. It left my face shiny and muddy.