April 20, 2014 | 1444 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Telescopic in Carbon Black

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2008 3:53:00 PM More reviews by delightfullystrange

this is my favorite mascara now! i love it! it made my lashes all long and dark and curly(even my dad noticed).And i love the packaging. the little telescope is so freaking cute. And it doent flake or anything.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/10/2008 2:23:00 PM More reviews by Nnail

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

At 44 years old I'm not new to mascara. I know how to apply mascara and usually with little effort end up with beautifully long and fairly natural looking lashes that last all day. L'Oreal's Telescopic mascara almost made me want to give up mascara completely! Other reviewers have mentioned that the brush takes getting used to and so I tried ... and tried ... and tried. No matter what I ended up with spider legs on my eyes (ewwww), even when I used a lash brush. After a few days of fighting with the product to reduce clumpiness and then having to wipe the flaking mascara off my cheeks as the day progressed, the tube was tossed into the garbage.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2008 5:32:00 PM More reviews by hotAsFiya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

EDIT: I repurchased this and the first 2 applications were great but then I noticed my lids looking puffier than usual and my lashes thinner and ..sparse! What the ....
Down one lippie.
Not my favorite mascara. Just okay. The fact that it makes my lashes super dark is great, however, I hate it that it makes them so crunchy and stiff. I dont know what the deal is with my lashes...they are pretty long, and with this, I end up with just straight lashes and then the brush ends up sticking 2-3 lashes together so they just look weird. If the formula didn't dry up so fast, I might actually have time to separate my lashes more.
I found the price to be a bit up there. What's up with d/s mascaras selling for so much? Geez!!! The packaging is cute though.
This just doesn't work for me. Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2008 2:18:00 AM More reviews by nikkifreakinnb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is my daily mascara. I really like the color payoff, it's really dark and very rich. The price is cheap! BOGO $7 at Wallgreens! Seriously?! Totally rad. The packaging is quite clever. Telescopic=Telescope. Haha, I found that funny.

I love this mascara because my lashes are full as it is and I just think that I need more length than volume. The brush evenly distributes the mascara on each and every lash. You do have to wait for a minute or two to apply a second coat otherwise you'll get some prickly, cactus lashes. I think it goes on smoothly and is very easy to remove. The brush may be difficult for some to use. It might take some time for others to master but I really think you'll like the product. If you're looking for dramatic lashes, you shouldn't get this mascara. You should get it if you're looking for long, pretty, and defined lashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2008 2:15:00 PM More reviews by NoelleBat

I like the color of this mascara...it's a very rich black. The formula does a nice job of lengthening and separating my lashes but it didn't doesn't thicken them very much. Also, it seems like this formula gets clumpier than the original Telescopic. Make sure to wait for one coat to dry before applying another coat because if not, it'll leave your eyelashes looking like a clumpy mess. Overall, I like this mascara but I still think the original Telescopic works better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2008 2:58:00 PM More reviews by Lepin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The first time I used Telescopic I detested it. However, now that I've become accustomed to the bizarre configuration of the applicator brush I love this mascara. The trick is to be patient during initial application or too much product will be applied and comb through will be difficult and a potential disaster. This is a very black mascara that layers nicely and cleans off easily. While applying to the lashes it helps to roll the brush through the lashes to evenly distribute the product, then glide the comb through your lashes to spread the mascara and separate the lashes. This is much easier to do with the upper lashes than the lower lashes. This isn't thick and requires layering and doesn't dry so fast that clumps will form on reapplication. If your impatient I suggest you look elsewhere for a mascara. I have alot of blond/nearly clear lashes that this mascara enhances beautifully. I've read many negative reviews of this product and can confidently say the application method used was reason for their rage. For a drugstore product this is my HG.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2008 12:45:00 PM More reviews by skandelouslala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

Just kind of giggling at the first line to the review below mine, b/c I also purchased this mascara after a failed try at Lash Blast...the waterproof version.

I was at Meijer at one in the morning, mascara shopping. Don't know for certain what drew me to this mascara. Partly was that I haven't used a L'Oreal mascara in a looooooong time. I've been Cover Girl mascara's bitch for a while.

The packaging is cute...awww lil' telescope haha. Didn't know how I would feel about the brush. It is...different. But it works really really well. Really coats every lash, seperates, no clumps. This is not a very good volumizing mascara, so if that is what you're after, this probably won't deliver. I like how skinny the brush is... let's me have lots of control, although it seems fragile, I'm always worried about the brush part breaking off when I take it out of the tube *heh*. And I also like the way the brush is...when you take it out of the tube, you get the perfect amount of mascara on it...no clumps or excess to wipe off.

The wear is really good. Carbon Black is very black. It stays on...doesn't flake or wear off until I'm ready to take it off. No smears. Nothing really negative to say about this except for the fact it would be nice if it volumized better. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2008 11:49:00 PM More reviews by littlemadpippa

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After the Lash Blast disaster ( see review if interested), I decided to venture into the drugstore again for another spin on the mascara aisles. I've simplified my collecting habits by focusing on very few department store brands but am somewhat morally opposed to buying high end mascara despite DBF's hipster daughter repeatedly proclaiming that Diorshow is "epic" -- well, it would be if you inherited papa's mile-long, thick lashes, but not for me, to whom genetics bestowed nothing but short wisps, in which case that fuzzy giant caterpillar of a brush is just a corneal abrasion waiting to happen. Okay, histrionics over: this L'oreal baby is a winner! It's intensely dark, true to its carbon black name. The formula is smooth and not too thick, which helps in coating my lashes evenly. I am going to be contrarian, as it's the much maligned brush that makes it work for me. Each of my straight skimpy shorties gets lengthened and defined from roots to tips precisely because of the funky, slender, toothy applicator. There is a mild clump factor with multiple layers, hence this isn't a 5, but really more of a 4.5 except there's no halves in the scoring schema. It is fairly easy to fix either with a lash comb or any stiff-bristled brush. Curl hold is reasonably good. Very mild mascara dust under the eyes later in the day, but that is an acceptable compromise given my decision to stay away from waterproof mascaras. I wasn't looking for volume so its inability to provide it is a non-issue. Next to the long-discontinued OTLs, this is one impressive L'oreal cosmetic product.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/29/2008 4:40:00 PM More reviews by minhchau88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I actually haven't got this one in my makeup bag yet lol (how dare B-) :D: P) but I have tried it quite carefully at the shop (just yesterday) and I think it did a good job! I was looking for sth that can give a natural look and this one is really good. It does lengthen and does curl up my lashes. I have to say that I kinda have NO lash at all: really thin n really short (luckily it's black, gosh), but this Telescopic really really curls up my stupid lashes and that's the best point of it I think. No other mascaras I have tried could do a better job in curling my lashes. The small wand makes is extremely easy to control the lash's look, and today I went to the cosmetics store again, trying lots of other stuff and found out that the weird design of this mascara is becoming more popular (e.g. Max Factor Masterpiece or the latest by Lumene)
For those who want DrAmAtIc look, don't take this one :D, you won't like the volume at all :D
But has anyone here tried combining 2 (or even more ???) mascara together ??? I remember using Maybelline XXL (wp) and Bourjois together once or twice, and I got everything: volume, length, curl, and also wp :D But I have never known anyone doing the same (wierd) think like me, I'm not sure if it's harmful (maybe?) or not :D

I will rate this one again, if I decide to buy it (80% I will). I'm till thinking whether to take this one, or the Mas Factor Masterpiece, or Max Factor 2000 or Lumene. Lumene is brandless (I hate that!!!) but I have to say it is sooooooooo natural!!! Even the one who recommended it told me that she didn't like Lumene mascara at all, but its latest does a great job !!!

Any recommendations on mascara for a natural looking ???

rated 1 of 5 on 2/29/2008 1:13:00 AM More reviews by raynaeelsner

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

If you are looking for a mascara that produces a dramatic effect on your lashes, don't bother wasting your money on this stuff. I made the mistake of buying this stuff because my favorite mascara, Voluminous Carbon Black, was sold out at two places and I thought, "What the heck? Let's give this a try". Well this stuff doesn't hold a candle to the Voluminous. I thought I at least can use this stuff on my lower lashes, since I don't like as dramatic a look on them, but guess what? I end up with "raccoon eyes" a few hours after applying. This mascara is not worth the money.