October 21, 2014 | 992 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Telescopic Carbon Black

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2008 6:17:00 AM More reviews by Larri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

LOVE this mascara! Its not avaliable in new zealand, but when my sister was in america recently she sent me some and i was so happy with it i made her bring several back for me. It makes my lashes super long and seperated (HUGELY important for me with mascara). And soooo cheap, she got it for US$5, so i guess thats about NZ$8, and its bascially impossible to get mascara that cheap here! Now will have to find another way to get my fav mascara now that my sister is back!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2008 11:03:00 PM More reviews by mangoo

I picked this one up for a little over $7 at Shoppers when it was 40% off. First of all I love the telescope shape of the bottle, very cute! I was a little surprised when I saw the wand because it is very thin compared to the huge Covergirl Lashblast wand I had been using. It has short plastic bristles on a long wand. The formula is good at defining but can't hold a curl at all. I had to curl them again after they had dried. I really love the fact that this didn't budge all day long. No smudges, flakes or fallout! Makes your lashes dark and dramatic if you build up the coats.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/1/2008 9:22:00 PM More reviews by ana001

Okay ladies this mascara is for designed for length only! If your looking for a mascara which adds any kind of volume don't even bother with this one. Also your lashes become very dry and brittle afterwards and as for the "carbon black" color it claims, well to me it just looked like any other black mascara, nothing special about it. Oh well, I'm on to my next mascara as I've thankfully used this one up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2008 11:15:00 PM More reviews by lil_me

I picked this up @ Rite Aid during their BOGO in the Carbon Black #935 for $8.95..

This formula promises dramatic 60% lengthening and deep black color (2X more intense pigments compared to L'Oreal's regular black). It also uses the patented Flexible Precision Brush for greater control and lengthening.

~Ophthalmologist and allergy tested
~Removes easily with soap and water
~Suitable for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers
~Fragrance-Free

Made in USA

The ingredients are as follows:
Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Stearic Acid, Cera Carnauba (Carnauba Wax), Acacia Senegal, Palmitic Acid, Triethanolamine, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Aminomethyl Propanediol, PEG 40 Stearate, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Simethicone, BHT, Polyquaternium 10, Panthenol, May Contain: (+/-) CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77266 (Black 2), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide)

Overall, this mascara does what it promises. I did not experience any flakies nor smudges. I wish it came in a waterproof version, though. It's ok when I'm here in San Francisco where the weather is cooler, but when I get to higher temperatures, I'm afraid I will end up with racoon eyes!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2008 4:18:00 PM More reviews by NessaPx3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

There is nothing really special about this mascara. It lengthens and curls but is not very dramatic.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2008 12:18:00 PM More reviews by sheilamay

I have short lashes and Telescopic really lengthens them. I really see the extra length when I apply on the tips of lashes first, then wriggle from root to tip.

It separates, defines and holds the curl, does not clump or flake.

Good for daytime use since it gives a more natural look.

Not for a dramatic look though since it does not really add volume.

It takes a while to dry so you wouldn't want to even blink one second! Although it stays on for a whole day at the end of the day I have gray areas under my eyes.

The search for the best mascara continues...

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2008 1:19:00 PM More reviews by ohnoesimonfire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the brush on this. It makes my lashes sooo long. I also like the carbon black (not brownish or greyish, just black). But I had to take a lippie off because to formula is so wet and can smudge a bit and make my lashes stick together while applying, but I running through them with a metal lash comb works.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2008 6:19:00 PM More reviews by Sarem

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I randomly pick this mascara from duty free and I totally love it as the reviewer below said, if you use this with your regular mascara you wil not only gain some more length but also carbon black lashes. Give it a try gals :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2008 6:22:00 PM More reviews by lisy1923

My HG mascara!! I love CG Lash Blast as well but that's when I'm going for a different look. I LOVE this comb style brush, I love how black the formula is and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the length. It's dramatic but professional enough for work -- Lash Blast is more of my "going out" mascara. This is great for everyday but still gives the sexy look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2008 9:51:00 PM More reviews by MDgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

L'Oreal Telescopic in Carbon Black is my HG mascara!! I switch in between this and Max Factor's Volume Couture (it was on sale and I bought it based on the accurate reviews). This is the perfect recipe for the perfect mascara:
1. The color is blacker than most black mascaras!
2. No clumping!
3. Easily builds tremendous length!
4. Doesn't smear! I have the greasiest eyelids ever and not one smear!
5. The price...great for a drugstore product but I always go to Ulta w/their many sales!!
**The only drawback is the telescope container...it's too long to fit into to some of my mini makeup bags!!