December 18, 2014 | 1842 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Telescopic Carbon Black

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2008 11:04:00 PM More reviews by racheroonie

Really good mascara, so much better than Diorshow, etc.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2008 1:15:00 PM More reviews by junerose000

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this as a fs freebie bonus with my box of L'Oreal hair color. Up to this point, I have been using mascaras from Lancome, Clinique and Estee Lauder, and none of them have been a HG mascara for me. When first applied, this mascara is very wet, which I know for some people is not so great, but I actually prefer this. It gives me a lot of time to work with my mascara comb to separate the lashes the way I like them to look. I am not a big fan of clumpy, spidery lashes, and I find that with the telescopic, I am able to achieve the natural looking, long lashes that I have always wanted. The carbon black is a nice deep black which really helps to define the lashes. I don't curl my lashes before applying this, and it still gives my lashes a nice curl and lift. I only took a lippy off because the wand itself is longer than average and a little bit awkward to use. Otherwise, this is my favorite mascara right now, and the fact that it retails for half the price of the high end mascaras is a real bonus.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2008 10:55:00 PM More reviews by THARA

I'm not really a mascara snob so I gave this product 4 lippies only b/c I need a wp version. During the summer I dare not rub my eyes for fear of becoming a raccoon. Other than that I didn't experience any flakies, or irritation. It really lengthens my average lashes and isn't overly dramatic. If you're looking for volume, then this isn't the mascara for you. It washes off easily with soap and water and doesn't bother my contacts. Will use up but won't buy again. i like the 'brush' better than this comb-like wand.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2008 6:17:00 AM More reviews by Larri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

LOVE this mascara! Its not avaliable in new zealand, but when my sister was in america recently she sent me some and i was so happy with it i made her bring several back for me. It makes my lashes super long and seperated (HUGELY important for me with mascara). And soooo cheap, she got it for US$5, so i guess thats about NZ$8, and its bascially impossible to get mascara that cheap here! Now will have to find another way to get my fav mascara now that my sister is back!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2008 11:03:00 PM More reviews by mangoo

I picked this one up for a little over $7 at Shoppers when it was 40% off. First of all I love the telescope shape of the bottle, very cute! I was a little surprised when I saw the wand because it is very thin compared to the huge Covergirl Lashblast wand I had been using. It has short plastic bristles on a long wand. The formula is good at defining but can't hold a curl at all. I had to curl them again after they had dried. I really love the fact that this didn't budge all day long. No smudges, flakes or fallout! Makes your lashes dark and dramatic if you build up the coats.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/1/2008 9:22:00 PM More reviews by ana001

Okay ladies this mascara is for designed for length only! If your looking for a mascara which adds any kind of volume don't even bother with this one. Also your lashes become very dry and brittle afterwards and as for the "carbon black" color it claims, well to me it just looked like any other black mascara, nothing special about it. Oh well, I'm on to my next mascara as I've thankfully used this one up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2008 11:15:00 PM More reviews by lil_me

I picked this up @ Rite Aid during their BOGO in the Carbon Black #935 for $8.95..

This formula promises dramatic 60% lengthening and deep black color (2X more intense pigments compared to L'Oreal's regular black). It also uses the patented Flexible Precision Brush for greater control and lengthening.

~Ophthalmologist and allergy tested
~Removes easily with soap and water
~Suitable for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers
~Fragrance-Free

Made in USA

The ingredients are as follows:
Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Stearic Acid, Cera Carnauba (Carnauba Wax), Acacia Senegal, Palmitic Acid, Triethanolamine, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Aminomethyl Propanediol, PEG 40 Stearate, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Simethicone, BHT, Polyquaternium 10, Panthenol, May Contain: (+/-) CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77266 (Black 2), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide)

Overall, this mascara does what it promises. I did not experience any flakies nor smudges. I wish it came in a waterproof version, though. It's ok when I'm here in San Francisco where the weather is cooler, but when I get to higher temperatures, I'm afraid I will end up with racoon eyes!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2008 4:18:00 PM More reviews by NessaPx3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

There is nothing really special about this mascara. It lengthens and curls but is not very dramatic.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2008 12:18:00 PM More reviews by sheilamay

I have short lashes and Telescopic really lengthens them. I really see the extra length when I apply on the tips of lashes first, then wriggle from root to tip.

It separates, defines and holds the curl, does not clump or flake.

Good for daytime use since it gives a more natural look.

Not for a dramatic look though since it does not really add volume.

It takes a while to dry so you wouldn't want to even blink one second! Although it stays on for a whole day at the end of the day I have gray areas under my eyes.

The search for the best mascara continues...

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2008 1:19:00 PM More reviews by ohnoesimonfire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the brush on this. It makes my lashes sooo long. I also like the carbon black (not brownish or greyish, just black). But I had to take a lippie off because to formula is so wet and can smudge a bit and make my lashes stick together while applying, but I running through them with a metal lash comb works.