L'Oreal Telescopic Carbon Black

on 1/11/2009 4:09:00 AM

I bought this as a clearance item from Priceline and I love this stuff! I previously had used the original telescopic but didn't get much benefit from my short Asian eyelashes.

This mascara is currently on clearance for $8 so today I bought 2 more to stock up. Used in conjunction with MAC's Prep and Prime really makes a difference.

I'm hooked on this as a chain store brand!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This is the best mascara I have used by far! I have naturally long, black lashes and was looking for something that enhances what I already have. It works wonders. I have this in Carbon Black. It REALLY lengthens and separates good too. I only use one coat and I can see a huge difference. Another plus is that it doesn't clump or flake. Will definitely buy this again.

on 1/4/2009 10:08:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Can't live without this mascara. Does wonders for my lashes. I do understand that not everyone is in love with it like i am. On me its perfect. Seperates my lashes and lengthens perfect without any clumps. I have used it on friends with thicker lashes and it did not work for them at all. So just try it out! I will definitly repurchase and i wont be trying out other mascara's untill they stop selling Carbon black (god forbid).

on 12/29/2008 11:27:00 AM

I absolutely love this product. I am a mascara addict, everytime a new one comes out I believe the hype only to be disappointed but Telescopic does seem to work. I have brown, medium length quite fine lashes, so I want a product that makes my lashes ultra black, long and thick. This product really works for me, it doesn't clog, I now have jet black long thick eyelashes and it is my new favourite. In my opinion the best mascaras are this one, Lancome Hypnose and Max Factor Masterpiece Max. I see so many people with that 'dolly' effect mascara which can be pretty on a fashion shoot, but in every day life looks a bit messy, this mascara gives great lashes without looking fake.

on 12/16/2008 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I don't like to be disappointed, and l'oreal telescopic mascara disappointed me. I don't get the hype behind carbon black. It wasn't even that dramatic. Maybe it would be if my lashes were blonde or something. This mascara does not volumize even one iota. It does lengthen alright-- pretty decently even. However, it really is pretty wimpy. If a mascara is ONLY going to lengthen, I want it to lengthen really freaking well. And this doesn't quite cut it. It clumps a bit, too...annoying. The brush (a really skinny comb-like brush) is awesome, and would be great for reaching the lower lashes. Except I can't wear telescopic on my lower lashes because it smudges too much, so there goes that idea. Really this mascara is only useful if you want to layer it over another mascara to make it lengthen a little more. But who wants a product you can only use with other stuff? Not me!

on 12/9/2008 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The brush took a t bit of getting used to,but I really love the final result. I am SOLD on the carbon black. WHAT a difference it makes!
I have noticed no smudging or flaking.
I would repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Mediocre at best.

on 12/6/2008 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Another of my trying to economize buys. I love l'oreal mascaras as a drugstore brand. They deliver on most fronts. However, in Australia, telescopic is half the price of say lancome hypnose and rimmel would be a third of the price. L'oreal isn't actually that cheap by comparison.

Pros:
- intense black colour that was glossy in a way I have not seen in my Chanels, Diors or Lancomes
- really lengthened
- great brush for both the top lashes and lower lashes. I never used to do my lower lashes because I'd always mess it up with most brushes but the telescopic brush is great
- easy to remove
- no clumps
- no flakes
- cute and easy to hold packaging

Cons:
- no volume
- is the brush meant to be a but bendy? Keep thinking it is going to snap off.

I've been spoilt using hynpose for so long, it's going to be hard to find a drugstore mascara that ticks all the boxes - I am still in mourning for l'oreal's voluminous that is no longer sold in Australia.

on 12/2/2008 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love this product! I already have big long eyelashes and this mascara enhances them even further :) I apply 2 coates and when I want an even more dramatic look i apply 3-4 coates. It doesn't flake which is another plus :)

on 11/16/2008 4:06:00 PM

The only reason i buy this is to comb through my lashes after i apply like a zillion coats of L'oreal voluminous carbon black. they work really well together. lots of drama. but on its own, lashes look defined, yes, but thin, and it can make the lashes stick together. yet this complements voluminous to make my lashes look ridiculously fake. & this is perfect for the little lashes in the inner corners and for bottom lashes to deposit some color