September 22, 2014 | 1846 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Telescopic in Carbon Black

rated 2 of 5 on 9/1/2008 9:22:00 PM More reviews by ana001

Okay ladies this mascara is for designed for length only! If your looking for a mascara which adds any kind of volume don't even bother with this one. Also your lashes become very dry and brittle afterwards and as for the "carbon black" color it claims, well to me it just looked like any other black mascara, nothing special about it. Oh well, I'm on to my next mascara as I've thankfully used this one up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2008 11:15:00 PM More reviews by lil_me

I picked this up @ Rite Aid during their BOGO in the Carbon Black #935 for $8.95..

This formula promises dramatic 60% lengthening and deep black color (2X more intense pigments compared to L'Oreal's regular black). It also uses the patented Flexible Precision Brush for greater control and lengthening.

~Ophthalmologist and allergy tested
~Removes easily with soap and water
~Suitable for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers
~Fragrance-Free

Made in USA

The ingredients are as follows:
Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Stearic Acid, Cera Carnauba (Carnauba Wax), Acacia Senegal, Palmitic Acid, Triethanolamine, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Aminomethyl Propanediol, PEG 40 Stearate, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Simethicone, BHT, Polyquaternium 10, Panthenol, May Contain: (+/-) CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77266 (Black 2), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide)

Overall, this mascara does what it promises. I did not experience any flakies nor smudges. I wish it came in a waterproof version, though. It's ok when I'm here in San Francisco where the weather is cooler, but when I get to higher temperatures, I'm afraid I will end up with racoon eyes!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2008 4:18:00 PM More reviews by NessaPx3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

There is nothing really special about this mascara. It lengthens and curls but is not very dramatic.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2008 12:18:00 PM More reviews by sheilamay

I have short lashes and Telescopic really lengthens them. I really see the extra length when I apply on the tips of lashes first, then wriggle from root to tip.

It separates, defines and holds the curl, does not clump or flake.

Good for daytime use since it gives a more natural look.

Not for a dramatic look though since it does not really add volume.

It takes a while to dry so you wouldn't want to even blink one second! Although it stays on for a whole day at the end of the day I have gray areas under my eyes.

The search for the best mascara continues...

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2008 1:19:00 PM More reviews by ohnoesimonfire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the brush on this. It makes my lashes sooo long. I also like the carbon black (not brownish or greyish, just black). But I had to take a lippie off because to formula is so wet and can smudge a bit and make my lashes stick together while applying, but I running through them with a metal lash comb works.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2008 6:19:00 PM More reviews by Sarem

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I randomly pick this mascara from duty free and I totally love it as the reviewer below said, if you use this with your regular mascara you wil not only gain some more length but also carbon black lashes. Give it a try gals :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2008 6:22:00 PM More reviews by lisy1923

My HG mascara!! I love CG Lash Blast as well but that's when I'm going for a different look. I LOVE this comb style brush, I love how black the formula is and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the length. It's dramatic but professional enough for work -- Lash Blast is more of my "going out" mascara. This is great for everyday but still gives the sexy look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2008 9:51:00 PM More reviews by MDgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

L'Oreal Telescopic in Carbon Black is my HG mascara!! I switch in between this and Max Factor's Volume Couture (it was on sale and I bought it based on the accurate reviews). This is the perfect recipe for the perfect mascara:
1. The color is blacker than most black mascaras!
2. No clumping!
3. Easily builds tremendous length!
4. Doesn't smear! I have the greasiest eyelids ever and not one smear!
5. The price...great for a drugstore product but I always go to Ulta w/their many sales!!
**The only drawback is the telescope container...it's too long to fit into to some of my mini makeup bags!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2008 2:28:00 AM More reviews by BeautifulBrunette

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

LOVE this mascara! This is a TRUE black mascara, even blacker than department store brands. I've used Lancome, Estee Lauder, Clinique, Dior, CoverGirl, Maybelline...L'Oreal Telescopic is probably the nest out of all of those. I usually only have to use 1 coat for a perfect look...sometimes 2 if I want a little more length. I have naturally long lashes to begin with, but this stuff makes my lashes hit my brows. Seriously! I think the formula for Carbon Black is different from regular Telescopic because the last time I used the regular one, I noticed more volume. I would say Carbon Black is very similar to Definicils, but better. I ADORE comb mascaras because I generally don't need to follow up with a lash comb. I always have to use a comb with Dior. I will probably repurchase this because it was under $10 and much better than many higher priced brands.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2008 4:48:00 PM More reviews by vitalic

It's overall not bad, but I'm just not a fan of brushes with tiny bristles... you sort of need to figure out a technique of putting mascara like this on, as it made my lashes clump together. It did make them look longer though, but I don't think it was really worth the price ... it reminded me of Rimmel Extreme Definition