July 24, 2014 | 1538 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Telescopic in Carbon Black

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2008 12:18:00 PM More reviews by sheilamay

I have short lashes and Telescopic really lengthens them. I really see the extra length when I apply on the tips of lashes first, then wriggle from root to tip.

It separates, defines and holds the curl, does not clump or flake.

Good for daytime use since it gives a more natural look.

Not for a dramatic look though since it does not really add volume.

It takes a while to dry so you wouldn't want to even blink one second! Although it stays on for a whole day at the end of the day I have gray areas under my eyes.

The search for the best mascara continues...

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2008 1:19:00 PM More reviews by ohnoesimonfire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the brush on this. It makes my lashes sooo long. I also like the carbon black (not brownish or greyish, just black). But I had to take a lippie off because to formula is so wet and can smudge a bit and make my lashes stick together while applying, but I running through them with a metal lash comb works.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2008 6:19:00 PM More reviews by Sarem

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I randomly pick this mascara from duty free and I totally love it as the reviewer below said, if you use this with your regular mascara you wil not only gain some more length but also carbon black lashes. Give it a try gals :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2008 6:22:00 PM More reviews by lisy1923

My HG mascara!! I love CG Lash Blast as well but that's when I'm going for a different look. I LOVE this comb style brush, I love how black the formula is and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the length. It's dramatic but professional enough for work -- Lash Blast is more of my "going out" mascara. This is great for everyday but still gives the sexy look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2008 9:51:00 PM More reviews by MDgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

L'Oreal Telescopic in Carbon Black is my HG mascara!! I switch in between this and Max Factor's Volume Couture (it was on sale and I bought it based on the accurate reviews). This is the perfect recipe for the perfect mascara:
1. The color is blacker than most black mascaras!
2. No clumping!
3. Easily builds tremendous length!
4. Doesn't smear! I have the greasiest eyelids ever and not one smear!
5. The price...great for a drugstore product but I always go to Ulta w/their many sales!!
**The only drawback is the telescope container...it's too long to fit into to some of my mini makeup bags!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2008 2:28:00 AM More reviews by BeautifulBrunette

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

LOVE this mascara! This is a TRUE black mascara, even blacker than department store brands. I've used Lancome, Estee Lauder, Clinique, Dior, CoverGirl, Maybelline...L'Oreal Telescopic is probably the nest out of all of those. I usually only have to use 1 coat for a perfect look...sometimes 2 if I want a little more length. I have naturally long lashes to begin with, but this stuff makes my lashes hit my brows. Seriously! I think the formula for Carbon Black is different from regular Telescopic because the last time I used the regular one, I noticed more volume. I would say Carbon Black is very similar to Definicils, but better. I ADORE comb mascaras because I generally don't need to follow up with a lash comb. I always have to use a comb with Dior. I will probably repurchase this because it was under $10 and much better than many higher priced brands.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2008 4:48:00 PM More reviews by vitalic

It's overall not bad, but I'm just not a fan of brushes with tiny bristles... you sort of need to figure out a technique of putting mascara like this on, as it made my lashes clump together. It did make them look longer though, but I don't think it was really worth the price ... it reminded me of Rimmel Extreme Definition

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2008 12:47:00 AM More reviews by ivysmom1

Ive tried several mascaras and have already bought this twice. It gives a lot of length. No need for me to curl my lashes but I do from time to time for a more dramatic effect. I never have to apply a second coat because one does the job. Its one of the best Ive tried and I will continue to buy this one unless one day i find something better. So far this is by far the best. I highly recommend this if you want length and no clumps.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2008 3:55:00 AM More reviews by wninal

I have mixed feelings about this mascara. I hated it at first. I bought it because I have a friend with amazing lashes and she said it was all due to this mascara. Well, it took a while fo rme to get it right. At first I found the brush terribly difficult to use. My lashes were long, but that's because they were so clumped it looked I had only 5 big lashes. Plus, I was used to wiggling the brush at the base of my lashes. You can't do this with this brush as it leaves little dots on your lash line. I eventually figured out how to use the brush and I actually like the mascara now. You have to use a very light hand with the brush and barely touch the wand to your lashes. This leaves me with very long lashes. I still sometimes have to use a brush to separate my lashes, but overall I decided to give this 4 lippies. Don't cry with this mascara or you'll end up with racoon eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2008 3:53:00 PM More reviews by delightfullystrange

this is my favorite mascara now! i love it! it made my lashes all long and dark and curly(even my dad noticed).And i love the packaging. the little telescope is so freaking cute. And it doent flake or anything.