July 30, 2014 | 991 users online

Skincare - Face - Johnson & Johnson - Baby Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2012 8:55:00 PM More reviews by mzjade22

I love using this to clean my makeup brushes. Its gentle enough to not damage the bristles, but strong enough to really clean the makeup off. Plus it makes your brushes smell so great! For a deep clean, I mix a bit of baby shampoo, baby oil, and baking soda with water to break up the gunky makeup. Then I squeeze out the excess water, wash with baby soap and BOOM! Clean brushes.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2012 4:35:00 PM More reviews by ckyc122

I use this to wash my make up brushes!
Fabulous product and can be used for so many things.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2012 11:08:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

When my grandmother had a condition of the eyes called Blepharitis, she was advised by her eye dr to cleanse the area 2x a day with baby shampoo. It helped in her treatment and caused no further irritation to the area.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2012 8:33:00 PM More reviews by anjelykah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

ALLEVIATES EYE DRYNESS: To help alleviate dryness, my ophthalmologist at UC Berkeley recommended that I use baby shampoo to cleanse my eyes (zero irritation) and to help diminish the tiny milia around the eyelids.

BRUSH CLEANER: I wash my makeup brushes with it weekly. No need for expensive brush cleaners, this does the job thoroughly and its gentle on the bristles.

MAKEUP REMOVER: How to Make Homemade Eye Makeup Remover
1 cup Water
1 1/2 tablespoons Tear Free Baby Shampoo
1/8 tsp Baby Oil
Mix ingredients together in small container. Shake before every use.

LAST MINUTE TRIP: This is a great multi-tasker, especially for camping trips where you can't take all your skincare goodies. Grab this and you'll have your body wash, shampoo, and face wash.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2012 12:29:00 AM More reviews by mooshrimp

I am really bad about remembering to take off my makeup. I usually forget and sleep in it or just try to rub it off with a towel and water (good way to remove your eyelashes if you ever need to). I don't know where I heard about using this stuff, but somewhere I did. I had a bottle under my sink that I never touched and I used a pea sized amount on my eyes. I wasn't expecting much. Most eye makeup removers still leave you looking a little raccoon-like and you have to touch it up with a towel. I rubbed this around a little, got some in my eye, which does in fact sting a little, rinsed, and took a look. My eyes are 100% makeup free! No raccoons, no smudges, no traces, just totally clean eyes! Totally amazing!

I tried this as a facewash too, just for fun, and while it worked well, it was just a hair too drying for my very dry skin to be used every day. It would work for travel though so I don't have to bring two bottles. And as a bonus, small travel-sized bottles can be found in almost any drugstore or Target dollar section.

This is a MUST-HAVE for makeup removal though. It works better than anything I've ever tried and is cheap to boot. And if you don't like it, you're only out $1 from the travel section. It's also great for cleaning makeup brushes and Clarisonic brushes. I use this to clean my Clarisonic Mia brush head weekly and it's in great shape. They say to replace them monthly, but I've been using the same brush head for four months and it's very clean and odorless thanks to regular washings.

UPDATE:
My skin freaked out 2 months ago and I could not find the problem. Climate changes? I am not really sure. I tried EVERYTHING. I cut down to the absolute basics, witch hazel toner and Nivea creme (which I've been using for years and know won't break me out) used tretinoin and had narrowed it down to finding the right cleanser to clear up the last 25%. I tried cetaphil, I tried cerave, I tried a burt's bees, I tried adding lavender, I tried a lot and nothing worked. Frustrated after my disaster with cerave (leaving me with horrible bumps and zits everywhere) I just used J&J as my facewash with my clarisonic. My face basically cleared up overnight. Very happy!

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2012 5:53:00 AM More reviews by gkitten25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this to clean my make up brushes, but out of curiosity used it as a shampoo as well. I have to say I quite like it, I wouldn't say I have noticed a huge difference in my hair, apart from it has really helped my dry, itchy scalp, which I had got as a result of using Pantene for some time.

I usually follow up this shampoo with a nourishing conditioner to help with dry ends, as my hair is quite long, as so far I really like it as a simple alternative to other brands, I also like that it doesn't have a lot of ingredients in it compared to other shampoos, which hopefully can only be a good thing for your hair. Will keep you posted if there is any change, but so far, so good.

I would say though, I don't advise using it to remove make up/eye makeup, it did sting my eyes (a bit stupid I know but some people have said that it can be used for this), I prefer something a bit more nourishing to cleanse my skin and find this can be quite drying.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2012 11:10:00 PM More reviews by shiherostar

Best cleanser for your makeup brushes. I use the original, or the store brand.
I can't wait to try it out as a facial cleanser. My skin has been breaking out bad lately and I need something gentle and not too expansive because I am seriously on a budget at the moment,

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2012 4:24:00 PM More reviews by shannon804

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this to clean my makeup brushes and hair brushes and have found nothing better (and nothing cheaper!). In a pinch, I've also used it to remove eye makeup, and it works well at that, too.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2012 10:20:00 AM More reviews by nnn3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It leaves my hair really clean but it irritates my eyes a bit.Also it can dry your hair too much if you use it for a long time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2012 1:57:00 PM More reviews by ashleyanders

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Product's Claims - True or False?
1) Gentle to eyes: True
2) Does not irritate skin and eyes: Mostly true.
3) Rinses easily: True.
4) Hair smells fresh, looks shiny and healthy: N/A

Packaging:
Comes in a very simple clear plastic bottle, wide and slender. While it fits in the hand with comfort it is a bit too wide. Bottle provides you with the ingredients' list on the back. The cap is a hard plastic with a press-down lid to open the little spout. I find it a bit hard to open as it does seem to take some force and does almost stick a bit. The plastic of the bottle is hard but does not require any significant amount of force to squeeze.

Formula:
The shampoo has a clear, yellow-tinted consistency (it is often advised that clear formulas are the most drying). It's not overly runny which makes it fairly easy to work with. Just a small amount of it creates a nice lather. It does feel a bit slimy on the skin when it's being used but it does rinse off completely without leaving any residue behind (that I can tell of course). It's definitely fragranced and quite strong. I don't dislike the fragrance, I think it actually smells quite nice. But overall it seems like a totally unnecessary feature, especially for something to be used on infants.

Performance:
Although marketed as a shampoo this is not what I used it as - I cannot even begin to imagine how much of an issue it would have been for my hair, and I don't necessarily recommend it as a shampoo. What I did try it as was 1) a brush cleanser for thorough cleaning, 2) a spot cleaning cleanser for brushes, 3) to remove eye makeup. Overall it works great for all of these purposes, and doesn't sting my eyes when used for option 3 unless I used too much. For 2 and 3 I created a 1:4 mix of this to water and placed in a bottle instead of just using the shampoo straight. I will say that it does seem to take longer to rinse out to ensure that there's absolutely no soap left, especially if you've used too much to wash the brushes. I do very much enjoy it for options 1 and 2, but I don't think I'll go back to using it for makeup removal; I was experiencing a dermatitis, dry skin, eczema-like issue for a long time (before using this as well) and this definitely contributed to it lasting. Once I stopped it and the other culprit my eyes began feel and look so much better, no longer crepey (which I noticed to be an issue on a friend recently whom I know just uses soap to wash her face/remove makeup) and the flaking seems to be 99% gone. It's effective, just clearly not ideal for those wanting to keep a VERY simple routine - had I used moisturizer it might have negated the effects, but I prefer not to use any on my water-only skincare regimen.

Bang for your Buck:
I paid around $4CAD for this 444ml bottle. This is very well priced for the amount received because only a small amount of product is needed to get the job done. I'm sure you can even find knock-offs or cheaper locations to purchase this at.

Final Thoughts
While I don't love it for makeup removal, which was the original reason I bought it, I am happy with it for cleansing my makeup brushes. It really does work very well at removing eye makeup though. I will continue using it for washing my brushes.
* Overall Rating: 3.5/5