November 28, 2014 | 874 users online

Skincare - Face - Johnson & Johnson - Baby Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2012 9:04:00 PM More reviews by Jamieflan1

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use Johnson and Johnson baby shampoo primarily to clean the bristles of my makeup brushes. It works very well and is gentle enough not to damage the brush. Highly recommend for this feature alone

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2012 8:55:00 PM More reviews by mzjade22

I love using this to clean my makeup brushes. Its gentle enough to not damage the bristles, but strong enough to really clean the makeup off. Plus it makes your brushes smell so great! For a deep clean, I mix a bit of baby shampoo, baby oil, and baking soda with water to break up the gunky makeup. Then I squeeze out the excess water, wash with baby soap and BOOM! Clean brushes.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2012 4:35:00 PM More reviews by ckyc122

I use this to wash my make up brushes!
Fabulous product and can be used for so many things.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2012 11:08:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

When my grandmother had a condition of the eyes called Blepharitis, she was advised by her eye dr to cleanse the area 2x a day with baby shampoo. It helped in her treatment and caused no further irritation to the area.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2012 8:33:00 PM More reviews by anjelykah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

ALLEVIATES EYE DRYNESS: To help alleviate dryness, my ophthalmologist at UC Berkeley recommended that I use baby shampoo to cleanse my eyes (zero irritation) and to help diminish the tiny milia around the eyelids.

BRUSH CLEANER: I wash my makeup brushes with it weekly. No need for expensive brush cleaners, this does the job thoroughly and its gentle on the bristles.

MAKEUP REMOVER: How to Make Homemade Eye Makeup Remover
1 cup Water
1 1/2 tablespoons Tear Free Baby Shampoo
1/8 tsp Baby Oil
Mix ingredients together in small container. Shake before every use.

LAST MINUTE TRIP: This is a great multi-tasker, especially for camping trips where you can't take all your skincare goodies. Grab this and you'll have your body wash, shampoo, face wash and hand cleanser.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2012 12:29:00 AM More reviews by mooshrimp

I am really bad about remembering to take off my makeup. I usually forget and sleep in it or just try to rub it off with a towel and water (good way to remove your eyelashes if you ever need to). I don't know where I heard about using this stuff, but somewhere I did. I had a bottle under my sink that I never touched and I used a pea sized amount on my eyes. I wasn't expecting much. Most eye makeup removers still leave you looking a little raccoon-like and you have to touch it up with a towel. I rubbed this around a little, got some in my eye, which does in fact sting a little, rinsed, and took a look. My eyes are 100% makeup free! No raccoons, no smudges, no traces, just totally clean eyes! Totally amazing!

I tried this as a facewash too, just for fun, and while it worked well, it was just a hair too drying for my very dry skin to be used every day. It would work for travel though so I don't have to bring two bottles. And as a bonus, small travel-sized bottles can be found in almost any drugstore or Target dollar section.

This is a MUST-HAVE for makeup removal though. It works better than anything I've ever tried and is cheap to boot. And if you don't like it, you're only out $1 from the travel section. It's also great for cleaning makeup brushes and Clarisonic brushes. I use this to clean my Clarisonic Mia brush head weekly and it's in great shape. They say to replace them monthly, but I've been using the same brush head for four months and it's very clean and odorless thanks to regular washings.

UPDATE:
My skin freaked out 2 months ago and I could not find the problem. Climate changes? I am not really sure. I tried EVERYTHING. I cut down to the absolute basics, witch hazel toner and Nivea creme (which I've been using for years and know won't break me out) used tretinoin and had narrowed it down to finding the right cleanser to clear up the last 25%. I tried cetaphil, I tried cerave, I tried a burt's bees, I tried adding lavender, I tried a lot and nothing worked. Frustrated after my disaster with cerave (leaving me with horrible bumps and zits everywhere) I just used J&J as my facewash with my clarisonic. My face basically cleared up overnight. Very happy!

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2012 5:53:00 AM More reviews by gkitten25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this to clean my make up brushes, but out of curiosity used it as a shampoo as well. I have to say I quite like it, I wouldn't say I have noticed a huge difference in my hair, apart from it has really helped my dry, itchy scalp, which I had got as a result of using Pantene for some time.

I usually follow up this shampoo with a nourishing conditioner to help with dry ends, as my hair is quite long, as so far I really like it as a simple alternative to other brands, I also like that it doesn't have a lot of ingredients in it compared to other shampoos, which hopefully can only be a good thing for your hair. Will keep you posted if there is any change, but so far, so good.

I would say though, I don't advise using it to remove make up/eye makeup, it did sting my eyes (a bit stupid I know but some people have said that it can be used for this), I prefer something a bit more nourishing to cleanse my skin and find this can be quite drying.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2012 11:10:00 PM More reviews by shiherostar

Best cleanser for your makeup brushes. I use the original, or the store brand.
I can't wait to try it out as a facial cleanser. My skin has been breaking out bad lately and I need something gentle and not too expansive because I am seriously on a budget at the moment,

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2012 4:24:00 PM More reviews by shannon804

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this to clean my makeup brushes and hair brushes and have found nothing better (and nothing cheaper!). In a pinch, I've also used it to remove eye makeup, and it works well at that, too.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2012 10:20:00 AM More reviews by nnn3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It leaves my hair really clean but it irritates my eyes a bit.Also it can dry your hair too much if you use it for a long time.