October 20, 2014 | 1197 users online

Eye Primer - Trish McEvoy - Eye Base

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2014 4:12:00 PM More reviews by Medlet

If you do not think you need this, you do. It is amazing. Your eye makeup WILL NOT move. I wear this even on days when I don't wear makeup, just blend well, because it makes you look awake and alive. SAND is a great color another reviewer mentioned. Just make sure to blend blend blend because this dries very quickly.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2014 9:07:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This base does the job. However, I find that the applicator is unsanitary and it doesn't exceed my current HG Too Faced Shadow Insurrance. I will not purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by MelissaMH

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this primer. I wear the shade called Sand, which has a slight pink tone to it. This primer comes in a variety of shades, so most women should be able to find a match. The key to the success of this primer is applying a generous amount (more than you think you need) and blending it quickly because it dries quickly. I find Trish's #66 brush works great with this product. It allows you to sweep the primer over your lid effortlessly. Also, I use less shadow when I use this primer, and my shadow and liner last all day without a single touch-up!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2014 12:05:00 PM More reviews by HiGayle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This primer is a sleeper in the makeup world. What I like about it is that it feels smooth on my lids and is almost imperceptible. It does a great job of keeping eye makeup in place. I knocked off a lippy because I think there could be more product in the package.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2013 7:54:00 PM More reviews by Arpita1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG status. I was shocked at how it brightened up under my eyes, and just made it look so much better. The MA swiped it under the "danger zone", which is apparently what you call the area under the eyes and the inner eye corner. I loved the effect so much. Must have in my makeup arsenal.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2013 12:42:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am very fair (NW15 in MAC), almost 50, and the not-so-proud owner of The World's Greasiest Eyelids.

Also, I wear contacts, and, as an animal lover/respecter, I will not buy cosmetic products from companies that test on animals.

All that to say: I am extremely particular. I feel almost as if I have tried just about every eye primer/base on the market - some famous, others not. I like this one (in the shade "Bare") best, because it smooths, brightens, and evens out my upper lid area beautifully, and retards creasing. I do experience a mild case of the "Creasy-Greasies" after five to six hours wear, but, for me, that ranks as excellent. My only beef, albeit a minor one, with this product is the fact that you really need to blend it out immediately after application, because it sets quickly and it sets firmly. Once you get used to that, though, it is not a problem. I like to quickly sweep a smooth matte neutral cream/bisque powder eyeshadow (like Cinema Secrets' "Nude") over the primer, once it's blended - it's like an instant good night's sleep!

I would not mind if the price were lower, but in my opinion it is well worth $25 to get a high-quality, high-performing product from a classy, cruelty-free company.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2013 7:40:00 PM More reviews by Cutie7

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great eye base/primer if you use it correctly. I bought this a few years ago and wasn't "blown away" though I don't believe I was applying enough and applying it correctly. I've been wanting another primer and thought I'd check this out further as to why it didn't work for me before. I went on to Trish's website and watched a video on makeup application and this primer.
First, use good lighting! Also, if your eye lids are dry and/or you want to ensure a smooth, wide-awake finish, apply a lite eye serum on top of your eye lid (I use Chantecaille Nano Gold serum though Trish's Booster eye serum works well too) and let it dry a moment. Then, spread the product in two or three separate swipes across your eye lid (one eyelid at a time). Next, quickly take an eye shadow brush (I use Trish's medium eye shadow brush) and blend it across and downward/upward over your entire lid up and across your brow area. Viola! Your eyes will now look rested - you can wear the primer alone for a fresh look or apply eye shadow on top and not worry about creasing!

The video was helpful; previously I wasn't applying enough product to my eye lid and my blending technique was off. The serum on top of my eye ensures the primer "clings" to something and keeps your eye lid a little hydrated and helps ensure a smooth canvas (and no crepeyness).

Note, do test the eye primers as there are several colors. I chose Bare - it's a neutral light beige. Doubles as a base (wear a lone) and primer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2012 1:45:00 AM More reviews by micdeajones

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a good eye base that not only conceals dark eyelids, but gives eye shadows a very silky canvas to cling to. It's very light and dries fast so a light and quick hand is required.

The tube is a good size which makes up for the price. While there are other eyelid primers that can do the job of making a look last, this primer created one of the silkiest finishes I've ever experienced. Blending is effortless. This just may be my HG primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2012 6:43:00 PM More reviews by laurenrbrown

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

These have excellent coverage which is nice because bare eyelids typically have a lot of redness or even visible veins. In other words, they're great to use with or without eyeshadow, but eyeshadow will go on more vibrantly over the top. I have clients that get confused and attempt to use this product as under-eye concealer: Big no-no! These are only to be used on the eyelid.

These are VERY water-resistant and they dry quickly. You have to blend them fast or they will not budge. There are a handful of different shades so it's best to visit an actual counter where you can be matched to the appropriate shade. I wish they were packaged in a squeeze tube where you could get more product out.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2012 1:40:00 PM More reviews by lak30

I'm now on my second lot of this, and find I can't really do without it! I'd previously used Boots No.7 eye base which was great for the price (recommended if you want a more budget version), but would stay a bit sticky meaning I could only use cream shadow over it. The Trish version does dry very quickly so needs to be applied speedily, but then makes the perfect base which lasts all day. I find it does a great job of brightening my dark eyes, and certainly means that eye shadow stays put and doesn't rub off. Sometimes I wear it on its own with eye liner and mascara for a natural look (used always to use Bobbi Brown Malted for this, which is a fab neutral, but now I have Trish eye base my Malted has stayed in the makeup bag...). A little goes a long way so I found my first tube lasted me several months, which helps soften the fact that it costs twice the price of the Boots version! I would certainly recommend this to anyone my age, the only caveat for older skin being that I'm not sure how well the dry texture would work when the skin is that much looser on the eye lid (might get my 64-year-old Mum to try it and see how she gets on!). A Trish winner as far as I'm concerned.