Trish McEvoy Eye Base

4.3

ISODODECANE, HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL, SILICA, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, TRIBEHENIN, BEES WAX (CERA ALBA), CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, TRIMETHYLSILOXY SILICATE, ACRYLATES COPOLY-MER, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, ISOHEXADECANE, LECITHIN, RETINYL PALMITATE, TOCOPHEROL ACETATE, TOCOPHEROL, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, PHE- NOXYE THANOL, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN. MAY CONTAIN ( /-): MICA, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77489, 491, 492, 499). NOT TESTED ON ANIMALS

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this stuff. I thought I loved the Bare minerals original eye primer (and I still like it) but I love this one more. Great base for shadow. Slight coverage too. Def HG status! Will and have repurchased. It comes with most sets and she offers as a free gift on her site often so u may not even have to purchase.

on 9/10/2014 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

If you do not think you need this, you do. It is amazing. Your eye makeup WILL NOT move. I wear this even on days when I don't wear makeup, just blend well, because it makes you look awake and alive. SAND is a great color another reviewer mentioned. Just make sure to blend blend blend because this dries very quickly.

on 7/28/2014 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This base does the job. However, I find that the applicator is unsanitary and it doesn't exceed my current HG Too Faced Shadow Insurrance. I will not purchase.

on 6/15/2014 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love this primer. I wear the shade called Sand, which has a slight pink tone to it. This primer comes in a variety of shades, so most women should be able to find a match. The key to the success of this primer is applying a generous amount (more than you think you need) and blending it quickly because it dries quickly. I find Trish's #66 brush works great with this product. It allows you to sweep the primer over your lid effortlessly. Applying a light layer of eye cream first will help with any dryness of the lid without interrupting with primer's abilities to even out your skin tone and ensure your shadow's hold.

I use less shadow when I use this primer, and my shadow and liner last all day without a single touch-up!

EDIT: Trish recently added a new color called Pink Bare, which is like the old Bare only with a boost of pastel pink. Not a lot of pink, but enough to take out the yellow that the ordinary Bare contained. I was so pleased to see this item available for purchase (as I have a cooler, "pinky" skin tone) and to swatch it that I bought 2 more tubes! It's limited edition which means it could vanish from the offering at any minute. Get it while it's hot!

on 5/12/2014 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This primer is a sleeper in the makeup world. What I like about it is that it feels smooth on my lids and is almost imperceptible. It does a great job of keeping eye makeup in place. I knocked off a lippy because I think there could be more product in the package.

on 8/23/2013 7:54:00 PM

HG status. I was shocked at how it brightened up under my eyes, and just made it look so much better. The MA swiped it under the "danger zone", which is apparently what you call the area under the eyes and the inner eye corner. I loved the effect so much. Must have in my makeup arsenal.

on 8/14/2013 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I am very fair (NW15 in MAC), almost 50, and the not-so-proud owner of The World's Greasiest Eyelids.

Also, I wear contacts, and, as an animal lover/respecter, I will not buy cosmetic products from companies that test on animals.

All that to say: I am extremely particular. I feel almost as if I have tried just about every eye primer/base on the market - some famous, others not. I like this one (in the shade "Bare") best, because it smooths, brightens, and evens out my upper lid area beautifully, and retards creasing. I do experience a mild case of the "Creasy-Greasies" after five to six hours wear, but, for me, that ranks as excellent. My only beef, albeit a minor one, with this product is the fact that you really need to blend it out immediately after application, because it sets quickly and it sets firmly. Once you get used to that, though, it is not a problem. I like to quickly sweep a smooth matte neutral cream/bisque powder eyeshadow (like Cinema Secrets' "Nude") over the primer, once it's blended - it's like an instant good night's sleep!

I would not mind if the price were lower, but in my opinion it is well worth $25 to get a high-quality, high-performing product from a classy, cruelty-free company.

on 4/6/2013 7:40:00 PM

This is a great eye base/primer if you use it correctly. I bought this a few years ago and wasn't "blown away" though I don't believe I was applying enough and applying it correctly. I've been wanting another primer and thought I'd check this out further as to why it didn't work for me before. I went on to Trish's website and watched a video on makeup application and this primer.
First, use good lighting! Also, if your eye lids are dry and/or you want to ensure a smooth, wide-awake finish, apply a lite eye serum on top of your eye lid (I use Chantecaille Nano Gold serum though Trish's Booster eye serum works well too) and let it dry a moment. Then, spread the product in two or three separate swipes across your eye lid (one eyelid at a time). Next, quickly take an eye shadow brush (I use Trish's medium eye shadow brush) and blend it across and downward/upward over your entire lid up and across your brow area. Viola! Your eyes will now look rested - you can wear the primer alone for a fresh look or apply eye shadow on top and not worry about creasing!

The video was helpful; previously I wasn't applying enough product to my eye lid and my blending technique was off. The serum on top of my eye ensures the primer "clings" to something and keeps your eye lid a little hydrated and helps ensure a smooth canvas (and no crepeyness).

Note, do test the eye primers as there are several colors. I chose Bare - it's a neutral light beige. Doubles as a base (wear a lone) and primer.

on 10/18/2012 1:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This is a good eye base that not only conceals dark eyelids, but gives eye shadows a very silky canvas to cling to. It's very light and dries fast so a light and quick hand is required.

The tube is a good size which makes up for the price. While there are other eyelid primers that can do the job of making a look last, this primer created one of the silkiest finishes I've ever experienced. Blending is effortless. This just may be my HG primer.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

These have excellent coverage which is nice because bare eyelids typically have a lot of redness or even visible veins. In other words, they're great to use with or without eyeshadow, but eyeshadow will go on more vibrantly over the top. I have clients that get confused and attempt to use this product as under-eye concealer: Big no-no! These are only to be used on the eyelid.

These are VERY water-resistant and they dry quickly. You have to blend them fast or they will not budge. There are a handful of different shades so it's best to visit an actual counter where you can be matched to the appropriate shade. I wish they were packaged in a squeeze tube where you could get more product out.