Incoco Dry Nail Applique

3.7

on 4/24/2015 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

I'm kind of torn about these. I just applied my first set and I *do* think they're stunning, prettier and a better quality than even the higher end nail polish strips I've tried in the past. Having said that, the things that turned me off most were: 1) they claim that you can easily stretch these to fit your nails. Not so, in my experience. They are very thin and can tear very easily. If you press/apply pressure to even the smallest area on your nail, you probably won't be able to life it to reposition it without tearing. If you must "test drive" the fit by putting it directly on your nail, gently just kind of lay it there, don't press it down at all. I found that on some nails, because of the sizes of my nails and the sizes of the strips included in the kit that, no matter how hard I tried, a couple of my nails weren't covered completely from one side to the other. Beware if you have an overlay of any type, causing the nail to be a little thicker than a regular nail, because that will exaggerate the issue. Incoco also claims that each end of the nail strip is a different size, giving you more options, but I honestly couldn't tell a difference. Even with this issue, I love the patterns I purchased and because of that and the quality of these, I give them 4 lippies.

on 2/2/2015 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I do like Incoco nail appliqués, they are 100% nail polish and hence they last the same amount of time nail polish does and instead of chipping, you get a gradual wearing at the tips. The application for first timers is a bit tricky but once you get the hang of it its pretty straightforward. The appliqués are very thin so be careful when peeling it from the paper bc it might tear and bc it is so thin, it will also show every nail ridge so make sure your nails are even and buffed. My problem is that I find them very expensive considering that you can only get 1 wear out of them. For $8 I can buy a bottle of OPI or Essie which will last forever. and for the price of 2 sheets, I can buy a bottle of deborah lippman. This seems to be only worthwhile to me if I get the ones with designs on it and if I wait for a good promo.

on 7/17/2014 8:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really like these. I have had these on for 7 days, and am just now starting to notice some wear and small chips around the outer tips of my nails. They still look fairly freshly done, so I imagine they'll last another few days or so. I've read some of the negative reviews and here are my suggestions:

* make sure you prep your nail. Buff your nails, and use something to dry out the nail bed (rubbing alcohol or dawn dish soap). Any oil on your nail bed will cause them not to stick.
* I can get 2 manicures out of one pack (I have short nail beds). I store the leftovers in a foodsaver bag. This helps keep the strips from drying out. A squeezed out ziplock might also help.
* Once done, blast them with a hair dryer for 10-15 seconds to help cure the strips.
* Be gentle with them for the first couple of hours. Like a regular manicure, it does take a couple of hours to properly cure.
* As soon as you start to notice some wear on the edges of your strips, put a clear coat over them. This will cause them to wear longer.

I wish incoco would use a resealable package so that leftover strips could be used.

on 6/22/2014 2:16:00 PM

The nail polish is fun once you get the hang of them and they last longer then regular polish. The issue that I have with this polish is, on line they should you how great it would look to have to different nail polishes on one hand. I thought it looked cute and it reminded me of the time that I use to get me nails done all the time. So I purchased two colors. I tested one of the colors out and wrapped up the packet to use later. When I went to use it later it no longer stuck to the nail. Basically it no longer worked because it was dried up. It doesn't say it any where on the packet that this would happen and not in the obvious places on line. I basically paid 8.00 dollars on nail polish and only got to use it on one nail. I don't want my money back I would just like to for them to send me another one. I think it's crazy that you can only use one finger and then the rest of the polish goes to waste. I should be able to save it for the next time I want to put color on. Their Customer Service is absolutely awful. They are the worst. I contacted the International HQ (by mistake and they responded to me telling me they can't help because they are international) but I have sent two email to the US HQ and left two messages. I finally reach someone on my third call and she just transferred me to someone's voicemail. Maybe I will buy some more polish in the future but that will not happen until I resolve this issue.

As a mom of 3 little ones, I am now finally able to wear nail polish! Before, I felt why bother because it's ruined by the end of the day. I am currently wearing the penny rose glitter nails. It's been over a week and not one chip!
There is a small learning curve, but by my second set I was able to put them on beautifully. I am not sure that the solid colors last as long as the glitters and patterns, but I do love my Incoco nails!!

on 5/22/2012 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

After sitting in my vanity for about a year, I finally tried these Incoco Dry Nail Appliques yesterday for the first time, and I have to say I really like them . I got the French Tip appliques and my finished nails look like I just left a salon. I am impressed! There is a slight learning curve, but they are really very simple to apply, once you get the hang of it. I didn't notice any overwhelming polish odor, as some have mentioned, but maybe I'm not as sensitive to such smells as others are. In my package, along with the full set, 2 practice nail appliques were supplied and I advise that you use them BEFORE attempting to apply the set. They really do give you a "feel" of how you are suppose to do it. Everything you need is in the package -- file side/buffer side, orange stick, a remover cloth towelette, which I think is included to remove your practice applique, and, a piece of silver tape, which is used to secure the package when storing any extra appliques, so they don't dry out. I used my own nail file to smooth out the edges of the nail after I applied the appliques, but the one supplied is fine too. First, make sure your hands and nails are CLEAN and DRY, then file your own real nail into your desired shape. Buff your real nail with the included buffer, which helps the applique to "stick," gently blow away any fine buffer particles off your nail/finger, then push your cuticles back with the little orange stick that is provided. I chose to line up the appliques I was going to use for both hands, (ones that fit my nails) in the fingernail size order I would put them on. It's recommended that you start with your pinky and I did, but you can start with whatever makes you comfortable. I then peeled off the transparent plastic cover that is over the strip and discarded it. Break off the French tip and place over your own real nail where you want it. Don't be afraid to reposition it if it's not to your liking (more or less white tip), or if it's crooked, because it will peel right off and you can then begin again. DON'T press it on your nail until you are certain it's positioned the way you like. Pressing will make the applique stick and it's suppose to be difficult to remove without acetone polish remover. After you have positioned the tip to your liking and pressed it on, you then break off or file off the excess. Then, there is a strip of subtle color that goes over the whole, real nail and applique tip. Position the color strip as close to your cuticle at the base, and on all sides, as you can get, and then press it on and smooth it out, both horizontally and vertically, up to the ends of your nails, covering the white tip. Remember, DON'T PRESS the strip on your nail if it's not placed correctly, as you can reposition the loose strip and try again. After applying the strip on the nail and pressing, the overhang, or excess applique, can be either broken off or filed away. I break it off and then use my own file in a gentle, downward motion, to smooth the edges. There are other ways to apply these, such as applying your own base coat (some say the applique sticks better) and ONLY using the French tip and then applying your own clear or light-colored top coat. Or, using the French tip OVER the full nail applique strip and then applying a top coat. I chose to put these on the traditional way, which is also the way the directions advised. I did end up tearing one of the full nail appliques due to my inexperience, but it was no big deal. I just used another applique and now knew how I could/couldn't manipulate it. You might try warming the appliques a bit between your hands while they are still on the strip of paper to allow them to be able to stretch a little more on the nail when applying. Others here have said that can help. I didn't to do that because my nails are really small, but it may help if the strip isn't big/wide enough for your nail. Considering it was my first attempt, I expected I would have some mistakes, but all in all, I did pretty good. It took me about 35 minutes to do both hands but, now that I have "experience" applying these, I believe I can get it down to 15 or 20 minutes, from start to finish. That's a lot less time than it takes for me to do a regular wet polish mani. It's too soon to tell how long they will last (suppose to be 14 days!), but after 2 days, they still look great! Very smooth, with no bubbling, no chipping, nor any part of the applique showing signs of coming off. I have washed dishes, pots and pans, done general housework, played with my cats and dog and washed my hands countless times, and they still look as if I walked out of a salon 5 minutes ago. I will be trying the full color appliques after these and I hope I have just as much (beginner's) luck with those as I did with the French Tip appliques. I have read these appliques can be difficult to remove, particularly the French Tips, but I will have to wait to find that out and then do an update. I think these would be great to use for any special occasion or just for fun. I gave these a 5 for the simple reason that they worked, FOR ME, just like they were suppose to. I gave them a 3 for price simply because I don't remember what I paid. Hence, the middle score.

on 5/13/2012 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This was so hard to put on - they never got totally flat on the top. The color was also not what i expected. Im super disappointed!

on 2/14/2012 4:43:00 PM

This product was a HUGE disappointment. It started to chip on the fist day it was applied. They claimed it would last 14 days, i would have been happy with 5! TO make matters worse, the customer service is terrible. i have emailed them twice over 2 weeks and no one is getting back to me. Save your money and make a purchase with a more reputable company.

on 1/26/2012 1:21:00 PM

I have tried the french nail tips only (5.99 on incoco website). They are stickers that you apply to the tops of your own nails and then you do a clear coat over. I first swiped each of my nails with acetone to make it really adhere. I have had them on for about 4 days now and I have been typing, blow drying my hair, washing dishes, etc, and there are only tiny chips on the nails where I didnt get it on as well (since this is my first time). They are on like glue and they look totally professional. everyone thinks i have gel nails. the shipping and handling is cheaper on their website than any other that i have found, but if someone knows of something less expensive, I would love to know. based on the wear so far, i think these will last me another 10 days. i am so happy

on 10/28/2011 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

These are very easy to use and look amazing on. I took off one lippie because I have to use a top coat to make these stay on, without the top coat they only last a few hours.