April 17, 2014 | 1916 users online

Polishes - Incoco Dry Nail Applique

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2012 4:41:00 PM More reviews by sunshine1515

As a mom of 3 little ones, I am now finally able to wear nail polish! Before, I felt why bother because it's ruined by the end of the day. I am currently wearing the penny rose glitter nails. It's been over a week and not one chip!
There is a small learning curve, but by my second set I was able to put them on beautifully. I am not sure that the solid colors last as long as the glitters and patterns, but I do love my Incoco nails!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2012 12:01:00 AM More reviews by IcyHot

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After sitting in my vanity for about a year, I finally tried these Incoco Dry Nail Appliques yesterday for the first time, and I have to say I really like them . I got the French Tip appliques and my finished nails look like I just left a salon. I am impressed! There is a slight learning curve, but they are really very simple to apply, once you get the hang of it. I didn't notice any overwhelming polish odor, as some have mentioned, but maybe I'm not as sensitive to such smells as others are. In my package, along with the full set, 2 practice nail appliques were supplied and I advise that you use them BEFORE attempting to apply the set. They really do give you a "feel" of how you are suppose to do it. Everything you need is in the package -- file side/buffer side, orange stick, a remover cloth towelette, which I think is included to remove your practice applique, and, a piece of silver tape, which is used to secure the package when storing any extra appliques, so they don't dry out. I used my own nail file to smooth out the edges of the nail after I applied the appliques, but the one supplied is fine too. First, make sure your hands and nails are CLEAN and DRY, then file your own real nail into your desired shape. Buff your real nail with the included buffer, which helps the applique to "stick," gently blow away any fine buffer particles off your nail/finger, then push your cuticles back with the little orange stick that is provided. I chose to line up the appliques I was going to use for both hands, (ones that fit my nails) in the fingernail size order I would put them on. It's recommended that you start with your pinky and I did, but you can start with whatever makes you comfortable. I then peeled off the transparent plastic cover that is over the strip and discarded it. Break off the French tip and place over your own real nail where you want it. Don't be afraid to reposition it if it's not to your liking (more or less white tip), or if it's crooked, because it will peel right off and you can then begin again. DON'T press it on your nail until you are certain it's positioned the way you like. Pressing will make the applique stick and it's suppose to be difficult to remove without acetone polish remover. After you have positioned the tip to your liking and pressed it on, you then break off or file off the excess. Then, there is a strip of subtle color that goes over the whole, real nail and applique tip. Position the color strip as close to your cuticle at the base, and on all sides, as you can get, and then press it on and smooth it out, both horizontally and vertically, up to the ends of your nails, covering the white tip. Remember, DON'T PRESS the strip on your nail if it's not placed correctly, as you can reposition the loose strip and try again. After applying the strip on the nail and pressing, the overhang, or excess applique, can be either broken off or filed away. I break it off and then use my own file in a gentle, downward motion, to smooth the edges. There are other ways to apply these, such as applying your own base coat (some say the applique sticks better) and ONLY using the French tip and then applying your own clear or light-colored top coat. Or, using the French tip OVER the full nail applique strip and then applying a top coat. I chose to put these on the traditional way, which is also the way the directions advised. I did end up tearing one of the full nail appliques due to my inexperience, but it was no big deal. I just used another applique and now knew how I could/couldn't manipulate it. You might try warming the appliques a bit between your hands while they are still on the strip of paper to allow them to be able to stretch a little more on the nail when applying. Others here have said that can help. I didn't to do that because my nails are really small, but it may help if the strip isn't big/wide enough for your nail. Considering it was my first attempt, I expected I would have some mistakes, but all in all, I did pretty good. It took me about 35 minutes to do both hands but, now that I have "experience" applying these, I believe I can get it down to 15 or 20 minutes, from start to finish. That's a lot less time than it takes for me to do a regular wet polish mani. It's too soon to tell how long they will last (suppose to be 14 days!), but after 2 days, they still look great! Very smooth, with no bubbling, no chipping, nor any part of the applique showing signs of coming off. I have washed dishes, pots and pans, done general housework, played with my cats and dog and washed my hands countless times, and they still look as if I walked out of a salon 5 minutes ago. I will be trying the full color appliques after these and I hope I have just as much (beginner's) luck with those as I did with the French Tip appliques. I have read these appliques can be difficult to remove, particularly the French Tips, but I will have to wait to find that out and then do an update. I think these would be great to use for any special occasion or just for fun. I gave these a 5 for the simple reason that they worked, FOR ME, just like they were suppose to. I gave them a 3 for price simply because I don't remember what I paid. Hence, the middle score.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/13/2012 9:22:00 PM More reviews by sbusi24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was so hard to put on - they never got totally flat on the top. The color was also not what i expected. Im super disappointed!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/14/2012 4:43:00 PM More reviews by Silvers3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product was a HUGE disappointment. It started to chip on the fist day it was applied. They claimed it would last 14 days, i would have been happy with 5! TO make matters worse, the customer service is terrible. i have emailed them twice over 2 weeks and no one is getting back to me. Save your money and make a purchase with a more reputable company.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2012 1:21:00 PM More reviews by speckle

I have tried the french nail tips only (5.99 on incoco website). They are stickers that you apply to the tops of your own nails and then you do a clear coat over. I first swiped each of my nails with acetone to make it really adhere. I have had them on for about 4 days now and I have been typing, blow drying my hair, washing dishes, etc, and there are only tiny chips on the nails where I didnt get it on as well (since this is my first time). They are on like glue and they look totally professional. everyone thinks i have gel nails. the shipping and handling is cheaper on their website than any other that i have found, but if someone knows of something less expensive, I would love to know. based on the wear so far, i think these will last me another 10 days. i am so happy

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2011 8:58:00 PM More reviews by lilamyg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

These are very easy to use and look amazing on. I took off one lippie because I have to use a top coat to make these stay on, without the top coat they only last a few hours.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/26/2011 7:52:00 PM More reviews by yohina1989

So I got these for my Birchbox a few months ago and finally decided to try them out. They were pretty easy to use. Tape them on and scrape the extra part off with a nail file. But They just didn't look right. First of all, I got the leopard pattern one, which was cool, but not something I'd usually wear on my nails. anyway, they didn't fit my fingers very well. Some are too wide and some too skinny. Also, since the edge is filed off, the tips of my nails look somewhat even, but that might just be my experience. Yet, the most important is that they don't look natural. You can tell it's something taped on and not applied like normal polish. And guess what? I showered like 2 hours later and they PEELED off. AFter TWO hours!! what a waste of time. so glad I didn't actually buy them. I can't ever imagine these staying one for a week or more like some reviewers have some. As soon as the edge peels, they'll come off.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/18/2011 2:08:00 AM More reviews by mneiai

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

So, the general process for these is you choose the size you want on the strip (hold them up to your nails and try to guesstimate) and you tear it off from the strip. Then you take off the clear plastic top, then you tear off the rectangular end and take off the paper bottom. This leaves you with just the "nail polish" part. You line it up at your cuticles and press it down, pulling at the excess bottom part to help smooth it out. Then you crease the excess under your nail and take a file to the edge, getting rid of it.

If you are absolutely, positively terrible at doing your own nails--like, no matter what, you always mess up in some big way--then these might be a good idea. But even then, I'm not sure--they took awhile to "dry" on my nails, allowing for them to get a little messed up after application (when I mess up my manicures, it's generally because I don't wait long enough to do things, so I was thinking these would help me avoid that). And even with following the directions and being fairly careful, I still messed up in some way on about half of them (chose the wrong size, didn't smooth it down quite right, tore it a little), so your first pair should probably be written off as a "practice" pair (looking through the other reviews, I can tell that a learning curve is entirely normal, even for the people who love them) and if you're bad with regular nail polish, you may end up being bad with these, too.

They ARE quick, even my first time, fumbling around, it took less than five minutes, so I'd say they're better if you're a person who has to do their nails in a rush for some reason or another. Maybe you need to have plain nails for work and then have somewhere to go right afterwards and want to have fancier nails, idk.

Are they that special? Not really. Almost every pattern/design I've seen on them can be done with a stamper or a drop tool (I have no artistic skills whatsoever, but for those who can actually draw, a lot of them could even be done with nail art brushes). The ones that are more complicated, that would be hard or possibly impossible to do with a stamper, also tend to be OTT and most people wouldn't wear them except for maybe a costume party or some such thing.

They maybe wear a bit longer than regular nail polish, but they don't wear perfectly--they still chip at the tips, for example, and since they're not regular nail polish you can't use some of the repair "cheats" that you normally could. They also seem to not adhere as well to nails as regular nail polish, which allows for separating and even tearing around the cuticles.

If I were going to use these again, it would probably be one of the more complicated sparkly cat patterns or some such thing for a Halloween costume. Otherwise, I'd rather just do my nails and have to redo a few here and there. Stamping is just so much easier/more cost effective.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2011 1:45:00 PM More reviews by j0j0

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just received a sampler package of these in my September Birchbox. I have never used a product like this before, but I was intrigued. The color I got was a highly glittery sea blue color, no pattern. Pretty, but not something I would ordinarily use on my hands. I trimmed them down and used them on my toes, and found them to be very easy to apply. I trimmed the excess with clippers, and you wouldn't know they were applique's at all. The price for these is a little steep in my opinion, but if what I've read in other reviews is correct and they can last up to 2 weeks, then I think it's worth it when you compare it to the cost of a professional mani/pedi. As others have noted, they're much easier to form-fit if you just gently rub them to soften before applying. Neat product!
ETA on 9/27/11: It's been almost 2 weeks to the day, and the applique's look the same as the first day I applied them! At this rate, I would even say they'd last at least another week. Getting tired of the color though, so time to take them off!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2011 1:24:00 PM More reviews by juliaru

Iíve been using these nail polish strips for a few years now. Started with French Tips (still my favorite) and recently moved to full nail color. Full nail color is little tricky for me because I have large curved nails but with a little bit finagling it works perfect. Iíve always got a ton of compliments on my French manicure and hooked a lot of my friends on it. This is the best thing since sliced bread! It does take a couple of tries to figure out the best technique for your nail shape but after that itís a breeze Ė 5 min and youíre good to go. And YES, they do last 2+ weeks. I guess itís a negative for me because I get bored with one color after a week. But I usually add some design in week 2.  I was so disappointed when Walgreens discontinued selling this product. But Incoco website is pretty good and shipping is fast. If you havenít tried them yet give it shot Ė youíll love it. Better than a salon manicure in my opinion. I have not used regular nail polish in years (except toenails) and donít remember when was the last time I got a manicure at a salon (not going there any time soon either). Hope this review helps all these skeptics out there. Try it a couple of times to get the hang of it.