July 30, 2014 | 2124 users online

Palettes - Too Faced - The Bathing Beauty Quickie Chronicle

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2010 8:59:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Like another reviewer, I have just started collecting the cute little books. This is actually one of my favorites. I do not care for the glosses, but the blush is fabulous. And two of the eye shadows are amazing. I use the tannish color all over my lids and the pink in my crease and then blend like crazy. Such an amazing simple look. I do not care for the blue. It is a pretty shade, but it just does not work with this grouping of shadows. So the glosses and the blue shadow are really my only complaint. That and I hate that there is no place on the back that tells the shades. I would love to be able to buy more of two of the shadows without having to purchase the whole thing again. Altogether this is really great. I love having something put together for me and then all I have to do is decide how to apply it. I love that the shadows can look gorgeous on me and not overwhelm my fair skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2010 2:58:00 PM More reviews by rach82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Iíve just started collecting these cute little palettes (or whichever ones I can find for sale that look like the colors would work), so Iím alittle late to the TF QC game. I scored this one on ACW for around $10 a few months back. I wonít go into detail describing the colors, since previous reviewers have already done that. I have to admit upon first opening this palette, I did not think the eyeshadows were of good/regular TF qualityÖ but I was wrong! They are all nicely pigmented and apply well, although I wish they would have included a highlight shadow shade instead of the blue color (very pretty on itís own though). I apply the shimmery tan color in my crease, and the pink color on my lid, then highlight with a separate shadow- very pretty! The blush is a very pigmented warm matte peach color (not a bronzer as described below), goes very nice with my coloring (warm). Iím not a lipgloss girl, but I did test these & they are very pigmented as well, although alittle sticky. The ďbookĒ packaging is extremely adorable with a great slim & sleek design- great for just throwing in your purse. The size of each product in pan was more generous than I expected, so I wonít be running out anytime soon. For that reason, I donít see myself repurchasing any of these, but I will definitely continue to collect what I can find. Overall, as with most of my TF purchases, quality product with packaging that makes makeup application FUN!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2008 6:28:00 PM More reviews by kppontrucking

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hmm, I'm kind of neutral on this one. While the pigments are pretty, the blush powder crumbles so easily! I opened the palette recently and it was completely cracked and the powder was everywhere! What a delicate thing! I didn't even drop it on the floor. It's a real pity because I really like this brand. I do however, like the lip gloss, it goes on very smoothly and the colors are very attractive.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2008 3:52:00 PM More reviews by whoopwhoopwhoopy

I got this for my birthday and I would have to say that I would not have bought this on my own. However, I LOVE the blush in this. The previous muaer (or whatever you call it) said that it is more of a bronzer because it is not shimmery. I agree that it does give my skin more color, but it's more of a peach tone and not really brown. I don't like the eyeshadows because they seem too powdery and do not stay well, even with UD primer underneath. I don't like the colors of the eyeshadows either as they are very sheer, but more in a chalky way than a good way. I don't like the light lip colors either, but I'm not really a lip palette person. I would buy this again if TooFaced does not have a blush similar to this one sold separately. By the way, I have medium colored skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2007 2:39:00 PM More reviews by cosmokid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

The Bathing Beauty is one of the large size Quickie Chronicles from Too Faced with 3 eyeshadows (a shimmery pink, a dark champagne and a teal), a blush (a dark peach) and 4 lip colours (all quite shimmery in shades of champagne, bronze, a gold pink and a rose pink). Firstly to the shadows. Normally a colour like the teal would have me running in the other direction, but Too Faced have a knack for putting colours in their palettes that work well together so I put my faith in them that it would work. I use the pink as the base with the champagne in the crease and then use the teal either as a liner or a touch of it in the centre of my eyelid to highlight it. These shades, especially the teal, are very pigmented, so the teal looks great as a liner. When I use it on my lid I just put the lightest amount on my brush and tap off any excess before I put it on as you just need a whisper of this to work on the lid. My favourite of the 3 shades is the champagne, which isn't too shimmery, so works nicely as a wash on its own. The pink doesn't really seem to go with the rest of the palette (looks especially wrong with all the lippies bar the lighter pink) as everything else is more in the bronze/champagne family.
The blush is more of a bronzer. Again, like the shadows, very pigmented. I barely touch my brush to the pan and it comes away absolutely loaded with colour. There's no shimmer to this so it works nicely as a natural looking bronzer (I add a little of Too Faced's Afterglow in Betrayal on my cheeks to give them a bit of a lift).
The lip colours let this palette down. The 2 pink shades are quite nice (but very shimmery), but the champagne and bronze shades are so shimmery yet blah that each time I have tried them I have ended up wiping them off as they made my lips look too pale to go with the rest of the look from the palette.
This is quite a pretty palette, but Too Faced have better Quickies. There are quite a few floating around on Ebay at the moment at bargain prices (they retailed for $25 in stores).