September 30, 2014 | 2085 users online

Powder - Sana - Pore Putty Face Powder

rated 2 of 5 on 4/25/2014 6:05:00 PM More reviews by HiGayle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got the pink version of this compact on a trip to Japan in the summer. It worked great in the beginning especially in hot humid Japan. I applied it with the puff applicator that the compact came with. It worked at keeping my makeup in place in Japan, however when I came back home where it wasn't as hot and humid it did not perform as well. The powder seemed to be stuck inside the compact and even when I changed the applicator, I couldn't get much out. Disappointing for sure because I only got about a week of use from it in Japan. I fiddled with it for about 2 more months before I called it awash and threw it away. I'm glad I got this for under $10 in Japan. I would've been peeved had I spent more on it which you will probably have to do if you purchase this outside of Japan.

Not much color selection, light fragrance, and not the best Sana product I have tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2012 12:54:00 AM More reviews by Gromitfox

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought Sana Pore Putty Powder in Blue case during the summer time to prevent foundation from meilting in the t-zone. Bofore I switched, I was using Smashbox primer which somewhat hold in the hot sticky weather, but Pore Putty works much better in the extreme summer weather.

I use it with Kabuki brush on allover my face. Ta lah, my pore on my nose become hardly noticeable. When I used it with a nice puff which comes with the powder, it deposited too much powder and gave ashy ghosty look. I'm NC35 with yellow undertone. If you don't want too much powder which give you a ghosty look, I recommend to use with face brushes. I am planning to repurchase during my next visit to Japan.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2012 2:34:00 AM More reviews by bwlls

Love love love this powder! Have gone through probably 5+ of them.
Great as a finishing powder over foundation. Sheer and mattifying, might be slightly pale for deeper skintones. Does not provide a lot of coverage though - I mainly use it to set my foundation and reduce shine throughout the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2012 12:25:00 PM More reviews by lisaking1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I found this at a Japanese shop and didn't hesitate to try it out. Japanese products, especially skin-related cosmetics and treatments are of good quality (as is all things made in Japan). I was very pleased with it. The powder is smooth, light and mattifying. I have very shiny T-zone spots (forehead, nose and even my side cheeks), which is quite unflattering on anyone. It was just enough matte to look natural. Just enough matte to take away the shine. It's been 6 hours and my skin still looks matte and fresh. Nothing heavy. It's as if I have no powder or foundation on. Simply the natural sheen of clean, clear skin. Sometimes heavy mattifying powders are too heavy and the layer is obvious. I don't want to look like I'm wearing an overly "flawless" mask. You know how some faces look too smooth it looks fake? This is not the case here. I am now interested in buying other SANA products for sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2012 5:09:00 AM More reviews by jooliaax

As I'm already quite pale, this product matched my skin tone perfectly. Furthermore, it did not leave any cakey finish - bonus! It's also a fairy good size to bring around.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2011 5:59:00 PM More reviews by Fluffytiger

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this product two summers ago in Tokyo in a small sample size free when I purchased some sana pore putty and was immediately hooked. As stated by the previous reviewer, it is only suitable for light complexions, I have very pale scottish skin, and this suits me perfectly, and gives me an almost flawless look with good staying power. I use it over foundation and BB creams and it really does do a good job of minimizing the look of my pores without drying as I often struggle to find a face powder that does not dry my already dry skin. I like the powder puff it comes with it applies the product well for me and I just put mine into the washing machine in a small delicates bag to keep it hygienic. Luckily it is easily available online as back in scotland it is impossible to get, and I have unable to find a comparable product here so I stock up regularly, LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2010 2:23:00 AM More reviews by bradlea

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

the other reviewers have complained that the powder is too light, but since i can never find foundations light enough, this is perfect. i've only worn it once for a few hours so far, but it seems to have good staying and foundation-setting power. previous to this i've been using cargo blu-ray powder, and i think i like this better.
also, some have complained about a sponge, but it comes with a cute little puff now which i like.
if you have extremely pale skin like i do, i would definitely recommend this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2009 6:38:00 AM More reviews by eternalstarangel

I've have this powder for a while, and I really like it. It's pretty finely milled and definitely decreases the appearance of my pores without looking cakey. Unfortunately, the biggest problem with this powder is that it only comes in one, very light colored shade, which doesn't blend with my skin tone that well. For that reason, I'd probably not buy this again

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2009 4:23:00 AM More reviews by gribble

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Agree with the below reviews - this is some seriously pale powder. Even for me, and I am quite pale. And holy moly does this make your skin look like a parched, powdery desert. I will admit it has some pore-filling properties but the colour and texture is really...ugh, let's just say I saw myself in some well lit mirrors and did a double take. One more nail in the coffin - the sponge it comes with is a nasty, skinny little thing that deteriorates fast.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/3/2007 8:30:00 AM More reviews by cwiis

The powder on this is SO pale, I can be considered to have normalish-to-light asian skintone and it still wont blend in. However the powder is so fine it gets swept into your pores and fills them out like putty, its too bad it doesn't match my skintone.