October 25, 2014 | 1120 users online

Powder - Mineral Fusion - Mineral Fusion Pressed Powder Foundation in Olive 2

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2014 8:11:00 PM More reviews by filthygorg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this is my everything. i use it as a base or as a power sometimes on top of some liquid foundation if I want extra coverage. I use warm 3 and it goes well with my skin tone as i am tan but even makes me look tanner without a line on the neck. you can cake it on or not. I have sensitive skin n i don't break out with this so now I am hooked and always have it.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2013 3:00:00 PM More reviews by penn4

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was really hoping that I would love this mineral foundation since I liked the color and it didn't break me out after 2 weeks but it did not cover very well on me and don't like that the foundation itself would transfer to my phone. Ick! Maybe I should just forgo foundation all together and stick to tinted moisturizers. Haven't found a good mineral foundation yet.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/15/2013 1:45:00 PM More reviews by zvalentia

I'm a loyal Merle Norman Luxiva Mineral Foundation user, but since moving to Chicago from the South I've found it very hard to find a Merle Norman. So, after much research and debate I decided to try out Mineral Fusion since it has such good reviews.

Let's just say I was very disappointed. It broke me out BIG TIME, after just a day or two of wearing it my whole face became covered in little bumps. I was willing to discount this and continue using the product 'til I ran out, but after these little bumps turned into bigger bumps I decided I had to toss it and order some Merle Norman over the phone.

So, that's what I did. It's literally the ONLY foundation that doesn't break out my acne-prone, sensitive skin. If you're looking for a mineral foundation, just avoid this and BareMinerals, they'll both break you out if you have sensitive skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2013 3:52:00 PM More reviews by Serena94

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have long been trying to find a non-talc powder foundation. I've tried many brands, including BE, Everyday Minerals, DiorSkin, etc. I did some research on this brand and purchased it at Whole Foods. The color of Olive 2 is very good - especially if you have light to medium or medium to light tan/olive skin. It's not a classic olive per se, just a nice medium shade with a tinge of olive warmth that works well on most people with warm to neutral undertones. The beef I have with this product is the way it blends. Unlike DiorSkin and Everyday Minerals, it doesn't seem to melt into the skin very well. It has a tendency to sit on top of your skin so that it is pretty clear, when looking up close, that you are wearing powder. I tried light applications, heavy applications, blending with a flat brush, blending with a domed brush, applying after light moisturizer, applying after heavy moisturizer, etc. It all looked the same. This was a disappointment, since the shade is very good and doesn't oxidize and the formula seems gentle and doesn't cause break-outs (at least for me). The compact is also thin and light and easy to toss into a purse, with no excess powder coming out the sides. If you are young and have excellent skin, this might work very well for you. However, if you are looking to cover redness or uneven skin tone and do not want to emphasize fine lines, I would definitely skip.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2012 3:53:00 AM More reviews by Cidalrain

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't say enough about this line in general but the Olive line in particular. I finally found a company that makes foundation to match my green undertone complexion!! I wear the Olive 2 in winter and Olive 3 in Summer when I am tanned. It is healing to the skin. Light to medium coverage. And blends right in so you can't even tell its there. Exactly what you need from a foundation. Any Spanish woman should buy this brand.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2010 3:50:00 PM More reviews by eskridd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great coverage and color selection. Really hard to find pretty pale yellows in most lines of cosmetics. Price is a bit steel for grocery store makeup (even tho it is Whole Foods).

Only downside is once you tear up or get caught in a little rain the drops stay put! If you take the time to mist w/a setting spray and/or a setting powder this can be avoided but its a little annoying.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2008 11:18:00 AM More reviews by Jewelx17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the ultimate face powder for mineral makeup lovers! I have medium skin with yellow understones, easily tans, and I bought shade Olive 2. This is the perfect shade for me! I can't even tell that I have any face powder on. Also, I don't notice any breakouts from this powder nor does it make breakouts worse. The best part is that all of Mineral Fusion lines come infused with antioxidants that protect and heal your skin. I love that I feel like I'm doing something good for my skin instead of harming it by clogging it up with other makeup. It's very expensive, $36 but it's worth it! A big con is they don't even include a puff or brush and for $36, they should!
UPDATE: I have been using this for about a year and this summer has been especially humid, more than usual. In return, my skin has been looking like an oil slick! I know mineral makeup has the reputation of giving a dewy finish but this is past dewy. Not a good look. I have oily skin in general but this is not controlling the oil at all, it doesn't even hold up until lunchtime anymore. I need something more matte and I dug up an old Jane mineral powder foundation I didn't finish a while back and used it today out of desperation. It actually is holding up a lot better than the Mineral Fusion and now I'm starting to wonder why I ever strayed. I just got suckered into the hype of Mineral Fusion's antioxidants and blah blah blah. I think I'm going to switch back and for only $6, I'm not upset.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2008 4:50:00 PM More reviews by jennifer_ca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the Mineral Fusion starter kit at Whole Foods in Oct. '07 for $20 and really liked the products. This review is for the mineral foundation.

PRO's
- Did not make me break-out,
- This mineral foundation is matte (yea!) - no shimmer at all. I don't like shimmer in my foundation.

CONS:
- Price approx.$32
- Availability (only can be purchased on-line or at Whole Foods).
- Coverage is good to even out an average complexion, but I still need concealer for problem areas (undereye dark circles, acne scars).

After I ran out of the foundation in the starter-kit, I strayed a couple of times and tried Ulta's Mineral Foundation (too shimmery) and Sheer Cover (heavy, bad color match/orangey) - and I broke-out with both products. I went back to Whole Foods to purchase the pressed foundation, and promptly dropped / broke it. I crushed the remaining product and put it into another container so I can use it as loose powder foundation. I'll buy the loose powder next time because I'm a klutz and alway break my pressed powders. Mineral Fusion works well with my skin, so I'll stick with it for awhile.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2008 5:00:00 PM More reviews by caravaggista

i purchased this (in olive 3) to go with my sheer tint base. the finishing powder was too light for my skin. love it! i can reapply all-day and not look like my makeup is caked on. i love these products...ended up going back for a lipstick!!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/31/2008 4:04:00 AM More reviews by wonton7

I liked the idea of a natural pressed mineral powder, so I went as I was at whole foods i picked up a compact. The color ended up a bit mismatched in sunlight and worst of all, it casued me to break out. I have somehwat sensitive skin, no heavy acne, but i'm prone to pimples depending on the product. I don't think you an return it either because it's not nordstrom or sephora. It's definitely not worth the price.