Mineral Fusion Mineral Fusion Pressed Powder Foundation in Olive 2

3.5

Not tested on animals
Mineral Fusion is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Mica, Lauroyl Lysine, Zinc Stearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947), Boron Nitride, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Hydrolyzed Mango Juice Extract, Hydrolyzed Garcinia Mangostana (Mangosteen) Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis (White Tea) Leaf Extract, Alaria Esculenta (Sea Kelp) Extract, Aspalathus Linearis (Rooibus Red Tea) Leaf Extract, Glycrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Seed Extract, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Tocopherol Acetate (Vitamin E), Sambucus Nigra Fruit (Elderberry), Phenoxyethanol. MAY CONTAIN (+/-): Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499). Pressed Powder Foundation is paraben free, hypoallergenic, gluten free, talc free, fragrance free and free of artificial colors. As with all of our cosmetics, Pressed Powder Foundation is never tested on animals.

on 6/30/2015 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Although I did not get the color in Olive 2 (that is the only one that came up when i searched for mineral fusion) I can say that this product is worth every single penny! For someone with acne prone, oily, sensitive skin, I took a risk buying this product after hearing that this would NOT cause breakouts and boy were those reviews right! Because the minerals are triple milled, they are small enough to sit on the skin, but large enough to NOT be absorbed by the skin (which is what causes clogged pores and acne). This has amazing buildable coverage which I was not expecting considering it is a powder. The first layer is pretty thin, but if you do two or three you can get a full coverage look that is not cakey at all. I would definitely recommend using a stiff flat top brush, a kabuki brush did not do much for me. It's all natural, no nasty parabens, silicones, dyes, or anything so I felt really good about using it and having it not break me out! Definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a good foundation that offers reliable coverage and won't break you out! Oh and the color matched me perfectly!!

on 4/20/2015 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This stuff is amazing! I have battled acne for 18 years (I'm 29) and I'm finally getting cleared up with Earth Science clarifying cleanser, Estrosense supplements, and this makeup. I've tried countless foundations, everything at Sephora, all-natural lines like Origins, etc. and this is the first I've used that doesn't break me out. This foundation has excellent coverage and olive 3 is my perfect match. It can be layered to cover scars and hyperpigmentation. I use the Mineral Fusion spf 15 moisturizer & primer underneath, and set the powder with rose water, it looks totally natural. It's pricey but well worth it.

on 12/4/2014 9:49:00 PM

alright

on 10/20/2014 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

this is my everything. i use it as a base or as a power sometimes on top of some liquid foundation if I want extra coverage. I use warm 3 and it goes well with my skin tone as i am tan but even makes me look tanner without a line on the neck. you can cake it on or not. I have sensitive skin n i don't break out with this so now I am hooked and always have it.

on 6/12/2013 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I was really hoping that I would love this mineral foundation since I liked the color and it didn't break me out after 2 weeks but it did not cover very well on me and don't like that the foundation itself would transfer to my phone. Ick! Maybe I should just forgo foundation all together and stick to tinted moisturizers. Haven't found a good mineral foundation yet.

on 4/15/2013 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I'm a loyal Merle Norman Luxiva Mineral Foundation user, but since moving to Chicago from the South I've found it very hard to find a Merle Norman. So, after much research and debate I decided to try out Mineral Fusion since it has such good reviews.

Let's just say I was very disappointed. It broke me out BIG TIME, after just a day or two of wearing it my whole face became covered in little bumps. I was willing to discount this and continue using the product 'til I ran out, but after these little bumps turned into bigger bumps I decided I had to toss it and order some Merle Norman over the phone.

So, that's what I did. It's literally the ONLY foundation that doesn't break out my acne-prone, sensitive skin. If you're looking for a mineral foundation, just avoid this and BareMinerals, they'll both break you out if you have sensitive skin.

on 1/13/2013 3:52:00 PM

I have long been trying to find a non-talc powder foundation. I've tried many brands, including BE, Everyday Minerals, DiorSkin, etc. I did some research on this brand and purchased it at Whole Foods. The color of Olive 2 is very good - especially if you have light to medium or medium to light tan/olive skin. It's not a classic olive per se, just a nice medium shade with a tinge of olive warmth that works well on most people with warm to neutral undertones. The beef I have with this product is the way it blends. Unlike DiorSkin and Everyday Minerals, it doesn't seem to melt into the skin very well. It has a tendency to sit on top of your skin so that it is pretty clear, when looking up close, that you are wearing powder. I tried light applications, heavy applications, blending with a flat brush, blending with a domed brush, applying after light moisturizer, applying after heavy moisturizer, etc. It all looked the same. This was a disappointment, since the shade is very good and doesn't oxidize and the formula seems gentle and doesn't cause break-outs (at least for me). The compact is also thin and light and easy to toss into a purse, with no excess powder coming out the sides. If you are young and have excellent skin, this might work very well for you. However, if you are looking to cover redness or uneven skin tone and do not want to emphasize fine lines, I would definitely skip.

on 9/29/2012 3:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I can't say enough about this line in general but the Olive line in particular. I finally found a company that makes foundation to match my green undertone complexion!! I wear the Olive 2 in winter and Olive 3 in Summer when I am tanned. It is healing to the skin. Light to medium coverage. And blends right in so you can't even tell its there. Exactly what you need from a foundation. Any Spanish woman should buy this brand.

on 7/13/2010 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Great coverage and color selection. Really hard to find pretty pale yellows in most lines of cosmetics. Price is a bit steel for grocery store makeup (even tho it is Whole Foods).

Only downside is once you tear up or get caught in a little rain the drops stay put! If you take the time to mist w/a setting spray and/or a setting powder this can be avoided but its a little annoying.

on 9/18/2008 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is the ultimate face powder for mineral makeup lovers! I have medium skin with yellow understones, easily tans, and I bought shade Olive 2. This is the perfect shade for me! I can't even tell that I have any face powder on. Also, I don't notice any breakouts from this powder nor does it make breakouts worse. The best part is that all of Mineral Fusion lines come infused with antioxidants that protect and heal your skin. I love that I feel like I'm doing something good for my skin instead of harming it by clogging it up with other makeup. It's very expensive, $36 but it's worth it! A big con is they don't even include a puff or brush and for $36, they should!
UPDATE: I have been using this for about a year and this summer has been especially humid, more than usual. In return, my skin has been looking like an oil slick! I know mineral makeup has the reputation of giving a dewy finish but this is past dewy. Not a good look. I have oily skin in general but this is not controlling the oil at all, it doesn't even hold up until lunchtime anymore. I need something more matte and I dug up an old Jane mineral powder foundation I didn't finish a while back and used it today out of desperation. It actually is holding up a lot better than the Mineral Fusion and now I'm starting to wonder why I ever strayed. I just got suckered into the hype of Mineral Fusion's antioxidants and blah blah blah. I think I'm going to switch back and for only $6, I'm not upset.