August 30, 2014 | 1768 users online

Eye Shadow - New York Color - Eye Cube eyeshadow

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2008 3:18:00 AM More reviews by mam311

I didn't care for this stuff at all, It was so dry it kinda "fell off" of my eyeshadow brush, and what little bit did make it to my eyelid, flaked off too. I definately wouldnt buy this again, the package is alright, never made it to my makeup bag, so I don't know how long it would last in there.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2007 5:49:00 PM More reviews by polaroidlove

I love the packaging of this product but it's not something I would carry around in my purse for fear of it sliding open so it gets a 4.
I'm not very picky with my eyeshadow and it's not particularly something I don't mind splurging on - so for me this is a great product.
There are some downsides: The shadow doesn't blend very easily and rubs off/fades quickly.
When I put this on heavily it looks great after 15mins/half hour and stays put for the rest of the day provided I don't smudge it. I use a light whiteish colour on my browbone and a light pink on the inside corner of my eyes and it looks great without being too bold.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2007 8:41:00 PM More reviews by cortneyrozell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

A friend bought my the eyecube in Starlet, a pinkish-white silver. I have to say, I dont use light shades like this on my lids, so I automatically put it on my brow bone, and LOVED IT! I normally wear MAC's sushi flower on my lids, and this color is a perfect compliment used on the brow bone. It's a great highlighter with just a kiss of color. If you use good foundation, it stays on for a while.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2006 12:20:00 AM More reviews by arvejita

Haha!! Wish I had taped myself trying to get this thing open... felt pretty stupid once I got it though.

Lovely colours for lovely prices. Try 'em wet! *thumbs up*

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2006 7:34:00 PM More reviews by Sophalicious

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had a bunch of these eyeshadows and I don't like them anymore. The application was cakey and the colour were a bit... watery. I don't know how this makes sense but I guess I'm trying to say that they're not very pigmented and dry. They don't blend well at all. Plus the package broke after a few days!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2006 8:43:00 PM More reviews by ifihadforever

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got the light pink colour or Starlet 841A. It's basically silver shimmer with a little bit of pink tint to it. Essentially just shimmery eyeshadow. The colour payoff is terrible and it never lasts. After half an hour, it's just grey shimmer slush on my eyelids. With a good base, it's a little better.
MAC makes a similar product, Pink Freeze, except it actually lasts, and is actually pink. I'd rather pay for the MAC.
One neat thing I've discovered though is using it as a bit of shimmer on my cheeks. If I use a lotion as a base underneath, the shadow holds well. Just a bit of shimmer and the pink shows up a bit better. So I will use this up and not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2006 3:43:00 PM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have this in Starlet and also a pale frosty off white color- the shadows go on VERY pigmented and you really have to blend on first application- but in a few hours they fade in intensity, but are still visible. I like Starlet more than the frosty white color- but I don't like the very bold way they go on at first- and the unpredictability of wear. I'll use mine up for workdays, etc but I would not wear these going out because I wouldn't want to worry about retouching etc.-
The texture is nice and silky but not very blendable. My square package came with an applicator.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2006 8:02:00 PM More reviews by cherrypiekitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have this in Tony. It will forever be my staple silver shadow. The only one that's not obsessively shimmery, and truly has a very metallic soft sheen. But it's shockingly pigmented for something so inexpensive, so I have to make sure to apply it lightly, unless I want to look like the bionic woman.
I bought it way back in my pre-teen makeup stage and adored it... and at age 19 right now I still use it more than anything else. It's the only eyeshadow I've ever actually used the entire container of, and that doesn't fade off after a few hours. I usually pay around $1.99 for these regular price; but I found five of them in Tony that were on *clearance* at K-Mart. For .47 cents. Needless to say I purchased them all, lol. I hope not, but assume it means they may be discontinued? Don't know, but I could never find Tony at any of the other stores. I think these should last a couple years, though, lol.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/9/2005 4:10:00 AM More reviews by squirrel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Horrible!! This e/s is so hard that you can't use a brush with it. You swipe t a few times with the brush and get nothing. You would have to use one of those sponge tip applicators I guess. I got a shimery pale light blue color. Won't buy again. Not worth the $1.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2005 9:34:00 PM More reviews by funky_rockin_chick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The actual eye shadow is pretty good. It goes on smooth, doesnt look flaky even though it's cheap, is shimmery but not sparkly or hookerish, comes in all sorts of colours, and is really pretty once it's on. But when I put it on, it only lasted about an hour or two, so I had to reapply it, plus the actual packaging is pretty flimsy, so it opens easily(if u have an elastic to put around it, problem solved)