July 24, 2014 | 1661 users online

Lip Treatments - Peter Thomas Roth - Lips to Die For Lip Trio

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2009 6:34:00 PM More reviews by RavenBeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was quite an indulgent splurge. I am forever on the prowl for lip treatments and am used to the many disappointments they bring. So many balms and scrubs and yet none of them do very much if you have badly chapped lips. Out of all the products I've tried, Fresh's Sugar Lip Treatment is still the best, however I wanted something that would actually make a major difference in my lips. Fresh's is about the best there is as far as balms go and definitely keeps things from getting worse, but I needed something more. I had heard great things about this trio of products from PTR, but the cost really put me off. It's rather insane actually at $60.00 however the system really does work.

I am not fond of the less than hygienic packaging as all of these formula's could have easily been placed in tubes, rather than jars. One jar contains a very sugary, lemony lip scrub that imparts incredibly intense moisture. It may seem almost too gentle, but it does a wonderful job due to the actual formula of the scrub more than the granules. If you prefer a more intense scrub, simply add some fresh sugar to the formula and scrub away! You are instructed to massage your lips with this for a few minutes then rinse off and pat dry (be careful as this stuff is very runny and seems to want to spill out when the jar is opened, even carefully).

The second jar is what I find most effective of all three. This contains a wonderful lip masque that feels like an intense, moisturizing clay. You leave this on your lips for a few minutes then rinse off. It really smooths things down and gets rid of a lot of the dryness and chapping. I was amazed at how my lips looked and felt after using this masque (they call it lip putty). I wish they sold this by itself because the results from this alone were quite dramatic. The thing that everyone seems to love most is the final jar and after trying it for myself, I must say that I do like it as well, but didn't find it as impressive as the lip putty. It contains a gorgeous, silky, pink balm that feels wonderful and plumps your lips a bit. It's unbelievably moisturizing and imparts a beautiful soft glow to your lips that is lovely. The pink bombshell balm is incredibly moisturizing with no waxiness whatsoever (I'm not sure what it is exactly, but the scent puts me off a bit, however it's basically tolerable). I've gone hours without feeling the need to reapply and that's not like me! You get a lot of product in these small jars, so this trio could last you a few months actually. This really is like sending your lips to the spa for a day. It's definitely a real treat for your lips. Leaves them feeling pampered and luxurious. Really like this a lot, but had a hard time finding it as it seems sold out in most places (got mine at Skinstore.Com).

Editing to say yes I still like the product, but I would not buy this again. The lip Masque is the only real star in this trio. The scrub is far too runny and literally oozes out of the jar no matter how careful I am to really be that effective (very few granules too). I don't like the scent of these products and it's even stronger in the lip gloss for some reason. I can't put my finger on it, but it's enough to make me not want to buy this again after all. I think the lip masque is very effective (even that smells unpleasant). If they sold that on its own, I would definitely buy it, but the scrub is utterly useless and the lip gloss is nothing to write home about. It sure seemed very promising at first. I wish more people would come back and edit their reviews to let us know if they are seeing things differently in retrospect. I try to wait at least a week before writing a review, but jumped the gun a bit on this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2009 3:26:00 PM More reviews by GlowMeAway

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Based on Stainless' review below, I purchased this trio. And it really is amazing! The products smell so sweet and yummy, and my lips look perfectly plumped, smooth, and feel oh-so-soft afterward. The effects aren't terribly long lasting, so I like to use it just before a date or something along those lines as it makes a bam! first impression. Not to say my lips don't stay smooth and gorgeous, just that the immediate effects are that outstanding. Yes it's expensive, but you will love this worthy indulgence!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2008 2:31:00 PM More reviews by angelxx

its an amazing lip facial set..i heard from a magazine highlight, then i bought a set to try..everything works perfect, its absoultely gorgerous

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2007 8:41:00 PM More reviews by Stainless

Make no mistake: this lip treatment is pure indulgence. At $60, it is ridiculously expensive. Initially I felt like a fool for buying it, but I had a bit of money to burn and wanted a treat. I was suffering from horribly chapped lips for several weeks. The flaking and cracking were mucking up my lipstick application and my mouth was feeling dry and tight most of time. Even my favorite lip balms (Aveda Lip Saver during the day and Palmer's Cocoa Butter Stick at night) did not seem to help the flaking and cracking which fueled the irritation. Then one day I saw an ad for the PTR lip trio in Elle. I found it on Drugstore.com and bought it. I'm really loving it.

Step 1 is a basic sugar scrub which is rubbed over the lips to exfoliate. The scrub is extremely gentle, flavored a sweet lemon, and provides a soft, oily hydration. Rinse the residue from the lips with warm water and pat the mouth dry. Step 2 is a clay masque. It is thick and rich yet odorless and flavorless. Allow it to dry on the lips for 2-3 minutes. Rinse, and be sure not to exceed the recommended time lest the mouth become too tight and dry. Rinse the masque with warm water.

Step 3 was the best of all, however, and it is the "Bombshell Pink" lip balm which made this ultra-expensive purchase worth it for me. It is a thick, sticky pink balm but it applies to a soft, smooth finish. It imparts just a hint of fleshy rose color to my lips. It has a delicate floral scent but is not obtrusive in any way. It sinks into the skin, so those looking for a long-lasting shine will be disappointed. It works well for me as I prefer to use the trio before I apply my lipstick in the morning and before I go to bed at night.

If you have $60 to blow on a lip treatment, by all means ... do it! I'd like to think I could duplicate the results with a homemade sugar scrub, clay masque, and lip balm but I'd probably just make a mess! I'll stick with this yummy trio for now.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No