September 21, 2014 | 2046 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Garnier - Ultra-Lift Anti-Wrinkle Firming Eye Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2014 3:45:00 PM More reviews by pixelxpout3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have only been using this a short while, but I like it so far. No issues with burnng or stinging. I think the reason why people are having issues is because they are using it ON the eyelid and too close to the actual eye/eyelash area. Products containing retinol should never be used directly on the eyelid, because this area is thinner amd hyper sensitive. Also, it will inevitably run into the eye. ONLY use it AROUND the eye area. Google orbital eye area for reference. This is where you should be applying your retinol eye products. Thank you.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2014 12:16:00 PM More reviews by bakerbaker19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I ginger and things that smell like, though not in an eye cream! That's what this smelt like to me and I think it irritated my eyes. Also it I know it was supposed to be a "lifting eye cream" but I would expect any eye cream to moisturize somewhat, and this didn't cut it. I thought it was expensive for a drugstore eye cream as well.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2014 2:38:00 PM More reviews by JudyAnn333

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I also wish I would have read these reviews. I used it for 2 days---had itchy eyes during the day and woke up with goopy/blurry eyes in the morning. At first I thought I was just suffering from seasonal allergies---then a light bulb went off and I quit using this cream. My eyes are all better.

This is unfortunate. I love their BB Cream!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2014 11:54:00 PM More reviews by tayizme

I am shocked by all of these other reviews. I have been using this eye cream for two years and have never had any problems or negative skin reactions to it. I have repurchased it twice. It is very hydrating and refreshing.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/23/2013 5:14:00 PM More reviews by imaroo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I also had the same awful allergic reaction that many others had to this product. It took several weeks of use to become a problem for me, but then my eyes became red and goopy. The area under my eyes ended up red, swollen, and peeling. I also went through several prescriptions for eye drops and creams before finally being referred to a specialist who identified it as an allergy. I almost threw away all of my eye make-up before finally realizing it was this eye cream that was doing it. I've never had any sensitivity problems with my face before, so thisone took a long time to pinpoint.

I'm not trying to pile on the bad reviews, but it would be really nice to know which ingredient is causing the problem. I have one loreal eye cream that I know works well for me, and I'm afraid to try anything else without being able to check an ingredient label for the problem.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2013 5:48:00 PM More reviews by laurenheartsmakeup

After using this for about 7 weeks I would say this is a decent eye cream. I have not had any horrible reactions like many of the other reviewers had. In fact, I kind of like this cream. I simply pat it on my under eye area as well as my eyelid to moisturize my dry lids. I continued to use this even after reading some of the horrible reviews. I haven't had any problem with it, although it does take a while to soak in.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2013 10:35:00 PM More reviews by carcher7

I don't love it but I don't hate it. It goes on ok but I haven't noticed any improvement in the firmness of my eyes. I won't buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/23/2013 7:04:00 PM More reviews by angryeyes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For the past 60+ days since Feb 23, 2013 I have had the same allergic reaction that many other reviewers have cited - stinging, burning, extreme redness (episcleritis) of the clear covering over what should be the "white" of the eye, swollen lower eyelids, red rash and a painful rash of bumps below both eyes. I have been to my primary care dr twice and an optometrist 3 times for these symptoms, and each time after ruling out viral conjunctivitis, the doctors site allergic conjunctivitis as the culprit. Because I moved just prior to the onset of the allergic symptoms, my primary care doctor's initial caution was to check and change the filters in our home. After finding that they were clean (but replacing them anyway) and spending a week or so on antibiotic drops and lubricating drops (I ceased use of all products on/around my eyes), the symptoms seemed to have cleared up. Slowly I started resuming my normal beauty rituals, and the problems recurred. Shortly thereafter, pollen season began, and the doctors (and I) assumed that tree pollen was the likely cause. After 3 visits to an optometrist, a couple weeks on a high-potency steroid drop and preservative-free rewetting drops, the symptoms seemed to diminish again. Shortly after discontinuing the drops and resuming my normal beauty program, the redness, bumps, puffiness, stinging, etc returned! Only after a 2nd visit to my primary care doctor with the same diagnosis of allergic conjunctivitis did I get frustrated and decide to start researching the moisturizing products that I had assumed were safe for use. While I am thrilled to have identified the probable cause of my extreme pain and suffering, I am also quite angry that a product with such widely experienced and significant side-effects would still be on shelves for purchase! I learned a valuable lesson - I will definitely be checking consumer reviews on any products I chose to put on my skin (and better yet, I'll be avoiding chemicals and opting for natural products from here on out)!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2013 2:24:00 PM More reviews by snucci

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Horrible product. Ten minutes after the first application the skin around my eyes was all red and it looked like I had been burned. Took it off right away and returned it to Shoppers.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2013 1:37:00 PM More reviews by kim080464

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

wow! soooo glad I came and read reviews here. I thought I was the only one having the eye reaction.

so I used this directly under my eyes. About a minute later I had a terrible burning sensation directly where I used the cream. Redness followed.

Stay away and find another eye cream.