September 23, 2014 | 1120 users online

Bronzers - Hard Candy - SoCal Bronzer

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2010 8:45:00 AM More reviews by lexijojohnson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a lovely bronzer. This comes in a huge cardboard piece with a mirror on the top flap. I could do without the mirror, but otherwise the packaging is fun and cute. The bronzer has a nice faint coconut scent. The bronze color is workable for most skin tones, but people who are very fair might be careful by using a skunk brush.

I've been trying a lot of bronzers lately, and this is my fave so far.

EDIT: It ends up a bit shimmery. More shimmery than I want with bronzers. This is nice if you're going to a party or just being "summery and fun". However, for me, this one is not for daily use, or to wear to work.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2010 8:24:00 PM More reviews by Iceiing

well it comes with sooo much product so i dont have to buy another. also it was cheap i got it from 5 below. but its very shimery. you have to apply jus a little bit. but it looks great as an eyeshadow.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2010 10:45:00 PM More reviews by jaebass

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got this bronzer at 5 Below and it was only $1!
But, it is really sparkly and orange ):
I had put this on the day after I got it and it went all over my shirt and on my iPod Ear Buds. It did not have good staying power.
But, oh well. It was only $1!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2009 10:32:00 AM More reviews by Kateraid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this bronzer! I have fair skin but with a slightly yellow undertone and this doesn't make me look so obviously faked out (which is hard for a Canadian girl...where would the sun come from?). I have lightened it up now that the weather is colder but I still get comments on how nice and freshly tanned I look. I would definitely buy this product again but will have to search for it now that Sephora doesn't have it anymore.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2009 11:11:00 AM More reviews by Gabriel679

This is one of the most natural looking, finely milled bronzers I've ever used. Little to no shimmer - just enough to keep you from appearing both tanned AND dead - and goes on like a dream for me. I've yet to find a brush that can't handle it.

It's scented - slightly - a faint, coconutty smell to my nose. I think this product was intended for a body bronzer - hence the scent - but it works great for my face.

This is a huge pan of bronzer! Looks like it will last me forever. I would have preferred the packaging actually lock, hinge, or something, rather than a magnet or whatever this one has in it - and the compact is shiny paper with a map of CA on it - cute, but will it last? But the bronzer is so nice I don't care.

Rapidly becoming a HG for me. I've been using it daily, which is pretty rare for me. Great swap, indeed.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2009 9:11:00 AM More reviews by eritreanempress

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

Smelsl good. Nothing to write home about. Iman's bronzer is better.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2009 11:55:00 AM More reviews by alexandra0926

Ahh! Im obsessed with this bronzer! It is only 18 bucks and it is the perfect shade and shimmer! its mirror and packaging is perfect and its the perfect bronzer! Unfortunately, sephora does not have hard candy anymore and I was bribed into giving this my sister :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2008 1:56:00 AM More reviews by Misha32

I lucked out and got this during Hard Candy's 75% off sale. I'm a bit of a bronzer addict and thought I'd give this a try. I read on here that some thought it was a little to glittery, leaving me a bit apprenhensive. When I received the product and tried it I was pleasently surprised by the large compact and amount of product, the nice faint coconut smell, and the product itself. The color is very believable and can be easily layered for a "deeper tan". As for the shimmer factor, it was over exaggerrated To me, there just the right amount to give a nice glow. Also, the powder is infused with vitamins. I would gladly repurchase this at full price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2008 9:47:00 PM More reviews by cranberry7

I'm a fan of this bronzer. It looks quite natural on me (and I'm fair skinned). The best part about it is probably its size. I like that it's so big because I'm able to evenly distribute the bronzer on a brush with one quick sweep/dab into the product. It even smells nice.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2008 7:30:00 PM More reviews by curemyson

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I recently started using bronzer and I started with this one. I like it, even though it does have shimmer. It is not too orange-y and needs to be applied with a light hand. I love the size of it for the price, it's amazing. I could see that someone might not like the shimmer but if you blow on the brush and start from the hair line forward you get more of just the color on cheeks and less shimmer. I'm no kid and I like it esp. during the winter when I get pasty white. I usually hit the apples with a pop of bright pink after applying this all over.