October 22, 2014 | 1481 users online

Pressed Powders - Clarins - Powder Comapct

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2013 8:43:00 AM More reviews by rachaelx7

A nice pressed powder, very silky and its nice to set foundation with.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2011 11:07:00 AM More reviews by katushka37

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't know why but in my area Clarins consultants are very bad with colour matching. I got this powder in shade 20 Beige Naturel (I'm NC25) and I find that this powder is too light and too cool-toned for my skin. I look washed out and tired when I wear it. The texture is not too bad, it is quite finely milled and I can't really feel it on my skin. Staying power could be a bit better. Overall I can't tell the difference between this powder which costs around AUD$50 and Rimmel Stay Matte which costs around $10.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2011 1:04:00 PM More reviews by Reviewsonly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

SO not good! Very drying, and it settles into all the little lines and creases. And where you don't have creases, it settles in little patches. It makes my skin look far dryer than it actually is. Will definitely not repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2011 6:01:00 PM More reviews by meri86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I write my review in here but the complete name of my powder is: Clarins Poudre Douceur #30 Beige Sable.
This powder is superfine in texture, it has good staying power and does look matte without being dull. The packaging is really cute and the sponge is useful. It feels really good on the skin and it does not dry it.
The bad thing about this is that there are just 3 shades and I'm the darkest one xD , this just makes me laugh because I'm not a very pale person, but I'm definetly not tan! So if you're not light skinned don't even think about this.
This is a great powder in my opinion and I would recommend it, but it's really sad the poor shade selection.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2010 10:21:00 AM More reviews by Jinhee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Purchased this in 02 and the shade is a tad dark but with the White DHC sunscreen i've been using lately the end result is very good. Clarins have one of the most finely milled pressed foundations that glide on so smoothly and beautilfully and with the finish so fine that I find myself over applying if I don't catch myself. I moisturize well and use a light hand. So far no telltale dry cheeks and it is holding up to five six hours without a touchup. Just wished the compact came bigger.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2010 1:15:00 PM More reviews by jamandbutter

For powders, the most important factor is finding a shade that matches. It can be the best powder with the best oil controlling properties but if it doesn't have a matching shade, it's useless. I got a shade that is slightly lighter than my nc 25/30 skin, and it's good for me. it has decent oil control and coverage. great for touch-ups! Edit 27 June 2012: Very disappointed to know that that this product has been discontinued.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2009 9:11:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

I didn't find this powder compact to be anything spectacular. Btw this review is for the product that is called 'Powder Compact'. I purchased it because I wanted a non-comedogenic product but this did not have good staying power at all. It became blotchy within a few hours and I looked herondous. The colour didn't seem to match either because #10 Beige Ivory was too light (which I purchased because I thought I would use their bronzer over it to compensate for the lightness) while the #20 Beige Natural was too dark. The texture of this powder is superb though...very finely milled and it evens out the skintone (until the blotchiness starts in a few hours). Either way, this product is getting returned. I'm disappointed in Clarins once again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2007 11:09:00 PM More reviews by Tess35

One of my pressed powders is Clarins pressed powder in no.2.

It is probably one of the finest milled powders. It gives flawless powder coverage and I find that this gives me sufficient coverage even without foundation.

I have combination skin and have never experienced masking with this powder so far.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2007 2:14:00 AM More reviews by avantgardelovers

i was drawn to it by the cute packaging, but after a few hours it turned me orange... poo.

good coverage though