December 22, 2014 | 1863 users online

Moisturizers - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Oil Blemish Fade Night Lotion

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2014 10:40:00 AM More reviews by Andreafranjic

I didn't see this do anything for my skin. I've used it for over a month now and my skin is still the same. I've actually used the entire tee tree line from the body shop and I honestly think my skin got worse. The only product I like from the line and the only one I'm keeping and that I plan on repurshing is the tea tree oil.

I feel like this was not as mosturizing enough. It was good for like 3 min then my skin felt really dry.

I wish I liked this. I love the packaging because of the pump, but I don't feel like it should be $20.00 I think it should be like $12

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2014 1:18:00 PM More reviews by Zeeoe

Great stuff. I use this every night to remove my skin make up (use a make up wipe for eyes!). Gets even double wear off and leaves skin feeling clean and for an anti blemish type product it's not drying :) comes out as a foam which is handy so you don't end up wasting any. Hasn't cured my acne (didn't expect it to) but it doesn't make it worse - not easy!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2014 1:04:00 PM More reviews by Naima1587

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was given a sample of the product because the store had run out of the lotion. Though my intention was to purchase a night time cream, it must have been a great sign of a good product if it sold out. The sample was quite big as it's lasted more than two weeks and I still have enough product for a few more days.

For reference, I have cystic acne as well as whiteheads in the two weeks, I've noticed a significant improvement in skin clarity including acne scars. I love the refreshing smell of mint and eucalyptus the product is cool on contact.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/3/2014 3:51:00 AM More reviews by torismith3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didnt like it at all! It irritated my skin alot! And it didnt really work or help.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2014 7:10:00 PM More reviews by SMaj

Love this!! I always use the voucher code app whenever I go into the body shop so I always end up with a good deal. I have been using this for around 8 months or so, usually around my hormonal week! This helps majorly with keep my oily acne prone skin smooth and blemish free. I can honestly say that this product, along with others from the body shop helped my cystic acne scarring brilliantly. Really good product, sinks into the skin nicely, has a strong scent but that doesn't bother me when using it at night. Have. Used about 3/4 of these in the last 8 months, packaging and pump is super easy and useful too

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2014 11:45:00 PM More reviews by AthenaPerle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have dry-very dry skin. I have used this for a couple of years now. I tend to only put this around my hairline, T-Zone, around the sides of my nose and mouth. I then moisturise on top of this cream. I find it does help prevent some acne from breaking out before that time of the month. It does not help fade blemishes on my skin - hence the 4 star review. But would recommend to most people who have very light/mild acne problems.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2014 10:01:00 PM More reviews by CastlesMadeOfSand

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this lotion for a long time - at least 7 or 8 years. At one point all of my skincare products were from the Tea Tree Oil line, but I found that regimen to be too drying, so I slowly began switching to other products. Now, this is the only TBS Tea Tree product that I continue to use on a regular basis, and in combination with those other products I do not have any issues with dryness. This lotion leaves my skin feeling hydrated, and it never feels sticky or heavy. This product truly does help fade blemishes, as well as post-blemish marks - whenever I skip a night, my skin is noticeably worse in the morning. I love that the ingredients are natural, and the scent (lemon tea tree) is pleasant and subtle. It is a bit on the pricey side, but a little goes a long way - a bottle lasts me close to a year! I recommend this for anyone with normal, combination, oily, or sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2014 2:05:00 PM More reviews by krysgab42

Both Tea Tree lotions are HG products in my skincare regime and I have been using both daily since the summer of 2012. I first started using both of these lotions with the rest of the line (facial wash, toner, and oil), but have been trying different cleansers and toners since. The oil is another product I have adopted as a HG product, too. I have very oily and acne-prone skin, so these products are still fine for me to use in the winter time. I can't speak for anyone else who doesn't meet this same criteria.

I can't say much for how well it actually fades acne scars because I have a lot and some are very severe (and have turned into hyperpigmentation), but because I have oily-very oily skin, I still use this because I absolutely need to something to keep my face from going into overdrive (after washing/exfoliating, toning) and producing even more oil, but yet at the same time, keeping the oil at bay.

This past winter was extremely harsh for my face--first time I have ever dealt with dry skin--but I still used this because of my acne. I just layered an extra (albeit, thin) layer of moisturizer on top and it sufficed until the next day.

What I love: Lightweight, but still moisturizing, so I can use this all-year round. I LOVE the packaging. I have never been big on packaging, but I love that this comes in a pump. (See review for the other tea tree lotion and you'll know why). It's also great that this is light-weight, because you can always layer with another moisturizer if need be.

Pricing: not the greatest at face-value, but a little goes a long way, AND TBS always has deals, so I find that it is still worth the money. The only time I buy TBS products at full price is when they have an online deal for free shipping on any order. Otherwise, I have always gotten this on some kind of discount (and use that opportunity to stock up)!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/12/2014 9:12:00 AM More reviews by Bex1991

This is my first review on here ... I'm 22 now and when i was around 17/18 no word of a lie i used to use this every single day and i loved it, i used it religiously for years. After a while my skin was in good condition and as you do you get bored of things and the price is quite steep for the amount you get, also i think my skin got quite used to it. I decided after a long time to purchase this again a month ago and used a full tube. Whilst i was using it i was using it in conjunction with all sorts of acne fighting cleansers treatmenst etc and i developed chicken like skin on my face which i determined to be a severe drying effect due to the amount of harsh products i was using. So i completely stopped using everything other than this and the body shop seaweed cleanser oh and garnier micellar water to remove make up. Lo and behold i have the same rash in the exact spots i use this lotion!! It's contact dermatitis! I don't understand since i used to use it religiously! Could anyone shed light on this issue in terms of what i may be reacting to because i've read lots of reviews on here about people with the same experience as me. When i ran out of the tube the rash went away, i purchased a new tube last week and it has returned and it has literally just clicked that this is the culprit!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2014 9:44:00 PM More reviews by jaaanet2

This is my first item I have actually bought from The Body Shop, so that being said don't get all crazy with me if you are a regular at this store.

SO after a fail attempt of trying a SImple night cream, I thought I would give this night lotion a try. It actually had a lot of good reviews on youtube so I thought hey why not (especially since I was sick and tired of my acne scars just staring back at me). And I am pretty sure I am slowly falling for this moisturizer! When I first opened this product it did have a strong tea tree oil scent, but I personally did no it mind since I kind of like the smell. But you have been warned now. I did love how it came in a pump dispensable bottle making it hygienic (that was a plus for me). So of course like any blemish fading treatment your skin will not transform over night, but after using this bad boy for about a month I think, I can honestly say I have seen a difference! It has slowly, but surely help fade my acne scars fade away which I love. Don't get me wrong though, I still have acne scars, but this stuff has helped them fade as well as prevent new scars. However, I can't really say it helped prevent new blemishes though. Either way I believe I will be repurchasing it. And now I am curious to try more of the Tea Tree skin care line to see what else I may like.

Overall, this product did work for me.