July 24, 2014 | 1804 users online

Moisturizers - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Oil Blemish Fade Night Lotion

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2014 2:05:00 PM More reviews by krysgab42

Both Tea Tree lotions are HG products in my skincare regime and I have been using both daily since the summer of 2012. I first started using both of these lotions with the rest of the line (facial wash, toner, and oil), but have been trying different cleansers and toners since. The oil is another product I have adopted as a HG product, too. I have very oily and acne-prone skin, so these products are still fine for me to use in the winter time. I can't speak for anyone else who doesn't meet this same criteria.

I can't say much for how well it actually fades acne scars because I have a lot and some are very severe (and have turned into hyperpigmentation), but because I have oily-very oily skin, I still use this because I absolutely need to something to keep my face from going into overdrive (after washing/exfoliating, toning) and producing even more oil, but yet at the same time, keeping the oil at bay.

This past winter was extremely harsh for my face--first time I have ever dealt with dry skin--but I still used this because of my acne. I just layered an extra (albeit, thin) layer of moisturizer on top and it sufficed until the next day.

What I love: Lightweight, but still moisturizing, so I can use this all-year round. I LOVE the packaging. I have never been big on packaging, but I love that this comes in a pump. (See review for the other tea tree lotion and you'll know why). It's also great that this is light-weight, because you can always layer with another moisturizer if need be.

Pricing: not the greatest at face-value, but a little goes a long way, AND TBS always has deals, so I find that it is still worth the money. The only time I buy TBS products at full price is when they have an online deal for free shipping on any order. Otherwise, I have always gotten this on some kind of discount (and use that opportunity to stock up)!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/12/2014 9:12:00 AM More reviews by Bex1991

This is my first review on here ... I'm 22 now and when i was around 17/18 no word of a lie i used to use this every single day and i loved it, i used it religiously for years. After a while my skin was in good condition and as you do you get bored of things and the price is quite steep for the amount you get, also i think my skin got quite used to it. I decided after a long time to purchase this again a month ago and used a full tube. Whilst i was using it i was using it in conjunction with all sorts of acne fighting cleansers treatmenst etc and i developed chicken like skin on my face which i determined to be a severe drying effect due to the amount of harsh products i was using. So i completely stopped using everything other than this and the body shop seaweed cleanser oh and garnier micellar water to remove make up. Lo and behold i have the same rash in the exact spots i use this lotion!! It's contact dermatitis! I don't understand since i used to use it religiously! Could anyone shed light on this issue in terms of what i may be reacting to because i've read lots of reviews on here about people with the same experience as me. When i ran out of the tube the rash went away, i purchased a new tube last week and it has returned and it has literally just clicked that this is the culprit!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2014 9:44:00 PM More reviews by jaaanet2

This is my first item I have actually bought from The Body Shop, so that being said don't get all crazy with me if you are a regular at this store.

SO after a fail attempt of trying a SImple night cream, I thought I would give this night lotion a try. It actually had a lot of good reviews on youtube so I thought hey why not (especially since I was sick and tired of my acne scars just staring back at me). And I am pretty sure I am slowly falling for this moisturizer! When I first opened this product it did have a strong tea tree oil scent, but I personally did no it mind since I kind of like the smell. But you have been warned now. I did love how it came in a pump dispensable bottle making it hygienic (that was a plus for me). So of course like any blemish fading treatment your skin will not transform over night, but after using this bad boy for about a month I think, I can honestly say I have seen a difference! It has slowly, but surely help fade my acne scars fade away which I love. Don't get me wrong though, I still have acne scars, but this stuff has helped them fade as well as prevent new scars. However, I can't really say it helped prevent new blemishes though. Either way I believe I will be repurchasing it. And now I am curious to try more of the Tea Tree skin care line to see what else I may like.

Overall, this product did work for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2014 5:20:00 AM More reviews by Rubine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

It improved the appearance of blemishes like it says on the packaging, but it's very drying on the skin. So I started using it as a mattifying daycream rather than a nightly treatment, and never used it two days in a row because of the super-drying effect.

Don't use if you have a sensitive acne-prone skin, I think it's only for super oily skins. It's a nice product but I wouldn't ever buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/29/2013 3:59:00 AM More reviews by mathildaste

NEVER AGAIN! This is probably the product that has done the most damage to my skin of all the ones I have tried and since I have suffered from acne for several years I have tried a lot! This product made me break out so bad. I got sore bumps all over my face, I thought it was due to stress at first but after switching to another moisturiser and later buying this product again I got the same horrible reaction.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2013 9:49:00 AM More reviews by Vava13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

First let me share my story about acne - in case it could help and inspire someone. If you just want to read my opinion about the product, jump across this paragraph -

I have battled adult acne for 3 years (i'm 30), trying dozens of products, only to realize that the contraception pill is the only cure/ factor preventing me from breaking out. My acne had gradually started after getting off the pill 3 years ago. I had just ended a relationship and wanted to give my body a break from hormones. When i started breaking out after a few weeks, i didn't see the correlation right away and also didn't want to believe this could be the cause. I was blaming stress, lack of exercise, not an ideal diet, etc. The positive thing that came out of this acne episode is that it made me reassess every aspect of my health and beauty routine. I started exercising, found stress management methods (including psychoanalysis), worked a diet that's best for me, figured out the beauty routine and products that's best for me, tried acupuncture, etc. After 3 years, I was feeling significantly better in my body, mind and life, but the acne was still there, worse and worse, all over my face.
So i resorted to getting back on the pill and the acne STOPPED RIGHT AWAY. I mean, it happened gradually, but the improvement was striking and steady. After, 3-4 months i don't have a single spot anymore. I can't believe i'm writing this sentence. It was that bad. However, i have now terrible acne scars - red spots - all over my face. Part of me is angry that i didn't get back on the pill sooner as i had a hunch that this could be the answer, and let my poor skin go through all this devastation. But as i said, everything happens for a reason, and i have now better habits as a result.

About the product:
I wanted to write a review about the Body Shop Blemish Fade Nigh Lotion because i really think it's a great PARTNER (not the solution) in my recovery from acne scars. As I said earlier, while i was still breaking out, i have never found a product that would help with blemishes themselves (including the Body Shop tea tree line i have tried as well). If anything, i was vey glad to find Acne.org and its PHILOSOPHY - the less irritation the better. It rang especially true for me who has a very very sensitive skin and irritation prone skin. I now believe that the less products you use the better. Believe it or not, i don't even use a face wash anymore in the morning - just rinsing my face with water under the shower - only at night to get rid of makeup and everything else the skin accumulates during the day.
Anyway, i don't believe there is a magic product for acne scars either, only time and patience. But i do find the Body Shop Night Lotion to be very supportive in
a. Providing all night moisturizing without overloading the skin. It has a very light texture and absorbs right away. And doesn't irritate one bit (so difficult to find for me!!)
b. effectively battling the chronic inflammation my skin is going through. I believe the red spots are zones of inflammation were tissue has been broken, bacteria has spread and the skin is still fighting. Every new irritation, delays the recovery. I really think the essential oil in this lotion provides useful support in inflammation control. Every morning, my skin looks "calm". Very little redness. Then the unavoidable factors of life (sun/wind/pollution/dirt, etc) attack it all day long, challenging the recovery. And then the product calms it back at night. Day after day, i can see the "calming" process winning over.

Thanks for reading. Long review - but i hope it helps!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/18/2013 1:12:00 AM More reviews by Boborian

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product has its pros and cons. I like how it absorbs into my skin really quickly and I wake up with my face feeling soft and moisturized. However, this bottle is puny! It's quite expensive considering the tiny amount of product you get. Also, it didn't fade away my blemishes which was rather disappointing as that was what I wanted it to do the most. I will, however, continue repurchasing it because it does work well as a moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2013 8:05:00 PM More reviews by sonia786

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have repurchased this product several times and always have a backup. I had teenage acne (genetic - Thanks mum!) for which I used every possible prescription (including Roaccutane) and over the counter treatment for but nothing helped. I thought acne was going to be a part of my life forever and soon enough I had adult acne too. I started using this product a couple of years ago after it worked well for my sister. I was blown away by the results. The tiny bottle lasts me 4 months and I use a pump and a half on my face every night and sometimes in the day too. I still get breakouts but they are mainly hormonal and tend to go away very fast due to this product. I can't believe how something from the body shop held the cure to my problems all along. I will use this every night for the rest of my life. Please give this a try! Since using this product my skin is much smoother and it has helped with fading acne scaring too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2013 9:15:00 AM More reviews by ichigocutie

I have oily skin so I like a light moisturizer for my night time skincare routine. The moisturizer has a gel like consistency and absorb quickly and doesn't leave sticky residue. I know it claim to help with reducing dark spots appearance but I haven't noticed any change. I also put on The Body Shop's tea tree oil on my acne after I put this on and The combination of the two really help with the inflammation. I will be repurchasing this moisturizer again when The Body Shop have their website sale.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2013 8:04:00 AM More reviews by adrianamelie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Effect: It gives your face a REALLY smooth and matte finish. By smooth I mean SILKY SMOOTH finish. I couldn't stop touching my face! Usually when I wake up, I have layers of oil on my face. This lotion doesn't stop that, but there's significantly less oil on my face. I love it.

Acne + scar: I still treat my spots with a dab of benzoyl peroxide. I don't think that this alone can help pimples. My hyperpigmentation scars haven't faded yet (which is what the product promises!) but it does lighten it a bit. Or maybe that's a placebo effect. Either way, it used to be way darker. So I think this product works, even if slightly.

Application: Might sting at first. But if you put it on consistently, it won't sting anymore. It's the tea tree. Don't use this if your skin is super super super sensitive as tea tree might irritate it.

Packaging: Love it. Has a pump. I usually use 1.5 pumps for my entire face. A little goes a long way!

Smell: Very strong tea tree smell. But I'm used to it.

Overall: Great product. My face isn't as blotchy and it's only been a few weeks in. No significant difference but a slight noticeable change. Definitely a good sign.