September 2, 2014 | 1810 users online

Polishes - Chanel - Lotus Rouge

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2013 3:26:00 PM More reviews by sullyPDX

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This has been a favorite of mine for awhile. Chanel has so many shades of red/purple, that it's sometimes overwhelming! Lotus Rouge is a delightfully rich, deep magenta which is very elegant and sexy, and has great depth without being too dark or too light. A nice departure from standard reds.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2013 7:29:00 AM More reviews by adh1006

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was my very first time buying a Chanel product, and it surely wont be the last! For years, Id been hearing about how wonderful their nail polish was, and I thought I would try it for myself. I purchased Chanel Le Vernis Nail Colour 455-Lotus Rouge, which is a beautiful, rich, deep red. The formula glided across my nails smoothly and evenly with no streaking. The color looked so good that I only used one coat because there was no need for second unlike some of the drugstore brands. I absolutely love red polish and Lotus Rouge is my new favorite!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2011 1:02:00 PM More reviews by babykitten9

Gorgeous beyond words. This is the most beautiful deep red I have ever come across and it looks extremely flaterring on my fair hands. Staying power is excellent - it takes longer than a week for it to chip but I normally never wait that long. This is the first nail polish I have purchased a back-up of. In other words, it's my HG and I love it to bits!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2011 11:20:00 AM More reviews by lpp23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

Love to wear this color in fall/winter...doesn't chip easily and stays on forever (or so it seems like!).

A little too dark for spring/summer as I have darker skin...but lovely looking for the holidays!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2010 6:40:00 PM More reviews by gorki

The best red shade for my super fair skin. Although during summer when I'm tanned, I prefer chanel fire (a brighter red), during fall and winter this is my go-to red. And you can never go wrong with a chanel red. Very sophisticated, and also very beautiful, as it seems to me is has a bit of magenta in it. Strongly recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2010 12:04:00 PM More reviews by MissTrine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This color looks amazing, and really pops against my skin.

Great application and very longlasting.

Would I buy this product again? Yes.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2009 10:53:00 AM More reviews by mrsbookworm

I was a bit disappointed in this polish because I needed at least two coats to get the color I expected. Also, because this was Chanel and quite a splurge ($23), I expected the color to last a bit longer. By the beginning of day 2, I already had chips and this was with a top coat. I have tried one other Chanel polish (Chanel Vamp) and I think I've been "suckered" enough - I won't buy any more Chanel polishes unless Chanel comes out with some earth-moving color that no one else makes (highly doubtful). There are way too many other more moderately-priced polishes like Essie and OPI out there that match the quality IMO (although I will admit that there is no match for the packaging).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2009 1:30:00 AM More reviews by karolcia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

cool. nic very berry color!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2009 9:51:00 AM More reviews by luluhalabaloo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Searching for a perfect red, I tried this twice now. It goes on very well, two coats are perfect. The brush is small which I love because it gives me great control. The colour is a cream rather than a shimmer, but a thinner cream. Now, since I bet most of the ladies writing reviews are younger, I will let us who have lived through the 80's that this is an 80's polish. If you watch the Jeffersons, you will see this colour. It is a clear, blue-red, and while it is beautiful, it feels dated. I like modern and fresh, having worn nailpolish for the last 30 years, but I do find fashion really harking back to the 80's. I could go for 60's inspired with white polishes and shadows, but the 80's were not great times for fashion and in case no one remembers, we had double digit interest rates on mortgages- you haven't lived until you paid 22% mortgage rate! I don't want a repeat of the 80's, so I think I will wait for the new red that is supposed to come out for summer 2009!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2009 4:21:00 PM More reviews by colettenoelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is, without a doubt, my HG nail polish. I could not live without it. I bought it this past summer, looking for something bright and pretty for both my toes and fingers. The color is a deep, but not super dark, creamy blood red with a blue base. No shimmer. Even though I bought it with summer usage in mind I have worn it into fall, and the holiday season. It goes with everything and always looks chic, which it should. It is Chanel, after all.

I find that two coats works best. I do not use a base or top coat. It has a very shiny finish without one anyways. The polish lasts for days and days without chipping. Chanel polishes may be a little pricey, but they are very much worth it to me. No other brand's polish has worked as well for. And no other color than Lotus Rouge has worked as well for me either!