April 18, 2014 | 1865 users online

Pressed Powders - By Terry - Voile de Teint Compact Poudre_Perfecting Glow Compact Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2010 5:26:00 AM More reviews by olika

I am in love with products By Terry. This one is no different. It delivers the mattness and is also very smooth on application. As mentioned before, the brush is a bit small, but a bigger one would make the packaging bulky. It's a very functional, high quiality product with long-lasting effect. Move over, MAC Blot!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2009 6:23:00 AM More reviews by jrichardson

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is very, very pricey -- but also very luxurious. You really feel like you're getting what you paid for. The texture of the powder is superfine and silky, and the colours really do have a perfecting effect. I'm not usually a fine of pressed powders, but this is a very good one. Smells nice too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2007 5:33:00 AM More reviews by Daniela1977

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Beautiful compact! Absolutely stunning! This compact is refillable, and it is completely stunning!
I feel like I am holding a piece of jewelry when I hold it
I don’t like powders especially compact but this is very nice. Make my skin so soft, smooth and very velvety. It leaves a beautiful mate finish on the skin for all day long.
You can apply it with a small kabuki brush for sheer coverage, or apply it with a sponge/powder puff for medium-heavy coverage
I use it with my own purse handy brush because the one which come with it I find that is too small for my taste it is so small you have to apply it long time but for touch up is ok.
The only problem was I buy the wrong color…# 7...Very light beige for me so I have to put this on swap.
I am very pleased with this powder, and will definitely purchase again in my color! The beautiful velvety finish it gives my skin is enough reason for me to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2007 5:06:00 AM More reviews by frucht_tasche

I love this powder (I have the normal packaging, not the jeweled one). It is very very finely milled, and makes skin look so smooth without looking chalky at all, even though it's talc based. It is not drying at all on my dehydrated/dry skin while controlling oil very well. Just a swipe of this powder leaves a poreless, satine-matt finish. Even though I touch up (which is not necessary on most days though), it *never* cakes. The packaging is very cute and practical. You can use the included brush for touch up: it's small but good quality. The shades are very sophisticated. There are corrective/enhancing shades such as lilac, pink, and skin colour shades. I use No. 7 True Amber (yellow toned light-medium beige: not pink, not too yellow, not orange) for my NC 25 skin, and although I initially thought that it would be a bit too dark for me, it matches my skintone nicely, giving a healthy glow/evening out redness without looking orange. I have not tried By Terry loose powder, so I cannot compare both, but for me it's the best powder I used until now (Cle de Peau loose, BB face powder, DHC, Kanebo, sue devitt loose, Guerlain les voilettes, Shu Uemura, Chanel) and the first powder which clearly improves the look of my skin. It's so expensive, so I hope that it lasts long. **Update December** I also bought by terry loose powder, and surprisingly I prefer this pressed version. The loose powder is also very good, but it does not give this satin finish like the pressed one...

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No