April 17, 2014 | 1306 users online

Eye Shadow - Lancome - Color Design Makeover

rated 2 of 5 on 11/1/2012 8:24:00 PM More reviews by juliacouture

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this in a palette of four. This color is a hot pink dusty powder and I really don't like it. Its not a very natural everyday look, if that's what your looking for. Its dusty and very difficult to pick up on a brush. I can see it in a Halloween costume or a crazy look, but that's it. Its very hard to apply and its too expensive for what its worth. Not Lancome's best work.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/11/2012 6:33:00 PM More reviews by lachrymist

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't know if it's just me but the color in the pan seems to be warmer and darker.. This shadow came in a quad and I don't really feel like the four colors work with each other... And I don't like how it's metallic.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2012 3:19:00 AM More reviews by Jexka

Makeover is a gorgeous medium bright metallic pink eyeshadow. Based on how it looks in the pan, I was expecting this to be frosty and not super pigmented, but I was wrong! The metallic finish isn't at all garish; I find it really brightens up my eyes. The texture is very smooth and although this is shimmery I've never had any fallout with this.
Pinks are always a tough eyeshadow color because they can wash you out or make you look sick. But like I said, this really brightens up your face and doesn't have the pink eye effect that many pink shadows do. I still wouldn't wear this alone though...I usually wear this as a lid color with a shimmery black in the crease and outer corners and finish up with some black liner. I've worn this look quite a bit and gotten so many compliments on it!
The only downside to this shadow is that it does fade a bit throughout the day...with a primer I find this fades to more of a shimmery pink wash after 6-8 hours. Regardless, this is a fabulous shadow and I'm glad I picked it up!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2011 10:31:00 PM More reviews by XxPRINCESSAxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

I love this pink eyeshadow! The formula is so smooth and pigmented (like all Lancome Color Design eyeshadows) and applies so nicely. The metallic finish is not as cheap and scary as it sounds haha. Because of the finish and color of this eyeshadow, it has a multidimensional effect that makes it look as though you have blended it with another eyeshadow when in fact you are just wearing one!

One of the most pleasing things about this eyeshadow is that it actually shows up pink! I have purchased other pink eyeshadows from Benefit (too white/silver), MAC (sheer/clear, too purple), and Dior (chalky), but none have actually showed up as actually pink! I've had this for about a year now and with almost daily use by my sister and myself it only about half finished. The price is not bad for us since we use it so often. I will continue to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2011 5:10:00 PM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I also got this shadow in a quad that was in a GWP goody bag, and this is one of my favorites! It is a very interesting pink....in fact, it looks much more lilac than pink on me, and is so pretty and flattering on blue/green eyes. It is overpriced though, and I'm sure someone could easily dupe it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2011 6:06:00 PM More reviews by baileymac

Great color, lasts all day (over a primer of course), just the right amount of pigment and shimmer. The only downfall is it's price, but I decided to treat myself.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2011 7:07:00 AM More reviews by pchotai

I got this in a quad, and i like putting this colour on when i only want to do one colour on my eye. Its a nice, subtle pink/purple shade that brings out the beauty of my eyes. I like!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2010 3:04:00 AM More reviews by Gailkey2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This shadow I love, the color is stunning and shimmery as I love! The texture is smooth and pigmented. I create a park ave barbie look with this and add MAC carbon, The pkg is convienient! Wow!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2009 3:51:00 PM More reviews by lildr3amcatch3r

This is my first time buying Lancome eyeshadows and I was not disappointed. The texture is very smooth and pigmentation is amazing! I love this color. It's very pretty and pink(duh). If you like a rich pinky color, this would be great for you. The packaging is so cute! Instead of a flip lid, you open it by sliding the clear cover. It's a tad little pricey though.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2009 10:56:00 PM More reviews by kassandraamelaniiee

I got this in a GWP Palette. I like the color in the pan, but its just not pigmented enough to show up on my eyelids as the same color. =(