August 20, 2014 | 1880 users online

Eye Shadow - Bobbi Brown - Long-Wear Cream Shadow in Beach Honey

rated 2 of 5 on 11/17/2012 2:53:00 AM More reviews by aliraza1234

Ingredients:
BHT, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Chromium Oxide Green, Dimethicone, Dimethicone silylate, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Iron Oxides, Isododecane, Lecithin, Manganese Violet, Mica, Octyldodecanol, Polyethylene, Propylene carbonate, Quaternium-90 bentonite, Titanium Dioxide, Tocopheryl Acetate, Trihydroxystearin, Ultramarines, Yellow 5 Al Lake.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2012 9:02:00 PM More reviews by valeriem121

Great long wearing eye shadow! This color is beautiful and stands out against my tan skin. Love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2012 6:38:00 AM More reviews by eskimojoes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The colour of this is lovely. I really wanted to like this after all the positive reviews but unfortunately this did not work on me. A previous reviewer commented it aged her eyelids. It did the same to me. It looked dry and showed up all my imperfections. Not a good look. I can see how it would work on young skin....none the less i will not be buying this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2011 2:32:00 AM More reviews by anisha12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

For reference, i'm a MAC nc 43 here...was advised to use this as a highlighter by the Bobbi Brown SA....it looked great and I do use it occasionally....but I think there are many alternative brow highlighters available for cheaper in the market...MAC vanilla, Urban Decay Virgin, Nars albatross....u've got a lot of options...so...for the price...not sure if i'll repurchase but it is a really good one for beginners...and cuz its a cream, its really easy to apply esp if u're on the run! Its a light peachy shimmer that can be blended into ur skin tone for a Jlo look ;)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2011 11:31:00 PM More reviews by anna5858

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

As someone stated below, this is a a great shadow if you're going for the "no makeup look." It's a soft golden peach shimmer (subtle shimmer). It's almost the color of my flesh; just makes my eyes glow. Has great staying power.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2011 2:24:00 AM More reviews by Deandra

I'm glad Bobbi created a shimmery peach color in the cream shadows. This is a beautiful soft color which makes blue eyes stand out. I am fair so I only apply it on the lids up to the crease and then use a lighter color such as Bone up to the brow. With many of the BB cream shadows I do use eye cream first - I have noticed that the shimmery shades look a bit drier if you're not careful blending and it helps to moisturize. The matte shades such as Bone and Shore are more forgiving and melt into the skin regardless of whether I remember to apply eye cream. The shimmer shades are very pretty, though, and not to be ignored. I find that smoothing them out with my finger works better than using the brush alone, and just get a thin even layer. If you try to do a thick layer it may be more likely to dry unevenly. The shimmer in Beach Honey is very subtle, not glittery like the Metallic shades.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/1/2010 3:07:00 PM More reviews by boofoo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Oh dear...I wanted to love this product! The color is gorgeous!! I have fair, somewhat freckled skin and green eyes and wanted something to really conceal the blood vessels on my eyelids, etc. Alas, although it did just that, and was a pretty color on me, it made my eyelids look so dry! And I am a nazi about eye cream, etc, and it just aged the heck out of my eyelids (in appearance)...I will be returning it. However, I did find a match for this color (imo) in Champaign Quartz. It adds just the right amount of the fine-milled shimmer I want when put over another eyeshadow, or worn alone over a primer. Honestly, I could not even see using one of Bobbi's cream shadows as a primer or base for eyeshadow. And I LOVE her stuff. Maybe I'm using it wrong? I even bought the brush and have tried with that or just my fingers. A no go.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2010 9:25:00 PM More reviews by sailorj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just didn't like this. I really tugged at my eyelid to get this to apply-it did not spread easily at all. This is not the case with all of Bobbi's cream shadows and maybe I got a bad batch. I don't like the color of this on me though, I'm fair and while I like a pale shimmery eyeshadow on me in powder form, the cream ones always seem to be too much. I thought Bobbi's would be different because she is so good at doing wearable colors and textures, but this just didn't work for me. This eyeshadow is a pale, shimmery peach...you should probably check other reviews for a more accurate color description though!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2010 5:20:00 PM More reviews by colettenoelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've only just begun to delve into the world of cream shadows and so far I am very happy with the results. This cream shadow from Bobbi Brown is a slightly shimmery peachy cream that has a velvety finish. As another reviewer noted, there is no noticable silver in this shade. It not a cool color at all. Although I had hoped that Beach Honey would be usuable as an all over lid color all by itself, it is too similar to the shade of my skin to work. Beach Honey is best used as a base for other shadows. I have experimented with this shadow extensively and have found that it makes an excellent base for pink, bronze, brown, and gold shadows. I haven't yet tried it with plum, but I imagine it would be a stunning combination as well. The texture of Beach Honey is, as I said before, velvety. It is not greasy like some other cream shadows I've swatched. It does not crease or budge. The lasting power is excellent. I will definately look into some of Bobbi Brown's other cream shadow shades.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2010 8:43:00 PM More reviews by BrittanyATL

This is a perfect, nude, peachy color with just the right amount of shimmer. I use it all over as a base for Galaxy or Stone, or even wear i on it's own for a very natural look. I find it looks great as a highlighter below eyebrows and on the inside of the eyes as well. It goes on super smooth and lasts all day. Perfection.