August 1, 2014 | 1723 users online

Styling Products - Farouk CHI - 44 Chi Iron Guard

rated 2 of 5 on 1/7/2014 1:40:00 PM More reviews by halfsmile49

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The first time I use my Chi flat iron, I used this product. It did a decent job, and my hair way pretty straight, so I was satisfied, considering my hair is extremely curly, thick, and difficult to straighten. I did this during the summer, and it was humid, however, and my hair did not hold up to the humidity at all. An hour later my hair was at this awkward not curly not straight stage. It was awful. I used this again, and decided that I absolutely hated the smell; it would almost make me gag. It also didn't even fully straighten my hair this time! every time I used it after that, I'd get the same result. I finally had to buy a different product, because this just wasn't working for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2013 4:49:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was may first "salon" heat/thermal protectant spray. I have fine straight hair that is almost waist length (I'm an inch short) and find this does make my hair feel kind out dry after application. I apply to hair, wait until dry then proceed with my curling iron. I find it does protect the hair from burning, but leaves it looking "matte or flat". I find I need to use a shine spray afterwards.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by hannahmartin

I got this for free with my limited edition chi iron (breast cancer awareness), the packaging is pink, but I believe it is the same exact product. This product makes my fine wavy hair sticky and hard. I can't run my hands through it after and it looks dead. Dislike, and am currently on the market for something new. I'm thinking Redken 02 Satinwear based on these reviews.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2013 2:32:00 AM More reviews by kirito

I rarely use heat products on my hair because my hair can never hold a curl since it's pin straight, even with hair spray. I used the Chi Iron Guard a few times when I curled my hair with my Bed Head flat iron, and without hair spray, the curl actually held for a few hours, which is extremely unusual. I don't know if the Iron Guard actually was the reason for the curl holding, but that was the only thing I changed in my routine. I used to use the Tresseme heat tamer spray, which worked well, but after I used the Chi Iron Guard, the curl held.

However, I don't know if my bottle was badly made or what, but I recently dropped the bottle on the floor, and it bursted. It wasn't exposed to heat or anything, so it was just strange.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/21/2013 11:26:00 AM More reviews by Paigiss

The are multiple things wrong with this product.

1. The smell - in small amounts, the smell is fine, maybe even quite pleasant. But since it is a heat protectant, you have to spray it all over your hair, and the smell is disgusting

2. The actual product - this is horrible. It dried out my hair soo much, and made it tangly. It even made it harder to straighten. It was like I sprayed a whole bottle of hairspray on my hair. After I was done with it, my hair looked like a thick, tangly, frizzy mess. It didn't even stay straight the whole day!

3. The price - I mean, really? All of this for $18? I got this on sale for $12, and I think even that is ridiculous for how bad this product is.

IF you really want to buy this product, make sure your hair is brushed VERY well before you use it. And when you section your hair, before and after you spray the product, brush each section.

Will not be buying this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2013 4:38:00 PM More reviews by misscherstar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My friend bought me this Chi set for my birthday, i thought for sure i would love the products and i didn't. This is the worst thermal protection ever! I didn't like how it sprays out, feels sticky like hair spray, and made my hair appear really dry. Back to Paul Mitchells Hot off the press!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2013 9:36:00 AM More reviews by juliacouture

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this product. I feel like this really protects my hair from heat. But I do only occasionally use heat on my hair. I do have thin blonde hair and I think it works wonders. But, it does make my hair extremely moist even when I put a little on.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/23/2013 2:11:00 PM More reviews by can2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I HATE this product!!!! I bought this item because i was so in love witht the Chi silk infusion that i thought this was going to be great too. When i spray this on my dry hair it made it very very sticky and hard! I dont blow dry my hair so i cant say how it works on wet hair but when i flat iorn it using this my hair just feels like it wanted to break off. I dont know if its because i have chemically treated hair? But i was better off using no heat protectant. hate it!!! save your money and instead invest it in the Chi silk infusion.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2013 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Pocketchic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this before curling my hair and it works very well to protect my hair. Some of the previous reviews seem to imply users used a lot of the product which might have made their hair feel crunchy. You don't need a lot; the product is supposed to protect your hair so shake well, then apply 54 spritzes per side (if you part your hair in 2 halves) is enough. Brush through to ensure even distribution and you're ready to curl/straighten/blow dry your hair.

The product does have a very distinct smell and it's very personal whether this bothers you or not. I was fine with it.

It's fairly expensive, but if you don't overuse 1 bottle goes a long way.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2013 1:39:00 AM More reviews by nattiekins05

I got this product with the silk treatment, thinking I would use them together before and after i flat ironed my hair. However, after the first use- i already knew I disliked this product. I didnt like the smell of it, and I certainly didnt like the way it made my hair feel... like some weird texture i cant even explain because i had never felt it before. I gave it two lippies because I am sure it really does help minimize the damage that a flat iron can do to your hair... Other than that, this was a total bust and I will NOT be buying this again.