Farouk CHI 44 Chi Iron Guard

3.3

Water, Sodium Polystyrene Sulfonate, SD Alcohol 40-B, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, PPG-20 Methyl Glucose Ether, Disodium EDTA, Hydrolyzed Silk, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein PG-Propyl Silantriol, Parfum, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Methylisothiazolinone, Ceramic.

I'm honestly shocked that this has so many bad reviews. This is one of the only heat protectants I like. It doesn't have an overwhelming smell. My hair doesn't feel any different with this in. I'm thinking the people who are complaining their hair got crunchy or felt some type of way maybe used too much? Anyways, I completely back what this product does. I have color treated hair that is severely damaged from that, heat styling, and major health problems and medications. I used this product in junction with other products (especially the chi thermal protection lotion) and my hair has drastically improved. This is the one change in my hair routine I have kept constant since I started it so I can tell it's these products helping me keep my hair. I would buy this over and over again. The packaging I also love. No problem at all with the spraying

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My hair felt damaged and the texture changed after using this...the chi serum is 10X better.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Overpriced for the amount of things this thing does.

Pros:
- Smells really nice. Just has a really clean scent.
- The spray dispenses just the right amount of product.
- Doesn't run out quickly. After many uses, I still have more than half left.

Cons:
- DRIES OUT HAIR. I've never had this problem with other heat protecting sprays. My ends are so dried out after styling that they are completely stiff. Which is strange because after I wash my hair, my hair goes back to life...........
- If you get the product in your hands, it can get sticky and really annoying

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Eww just no! This spray leaves my hair crunchy and stiff. I cannot attest to its heat protecting abilities as I haven't used it long enough to tell. I am not crazy about the fragrance on this - it's kinda masculine. And the spray seems to come out in a spritz rather than a mist, which makes it difficult to apply all over the hair.

I am just so glad I bought a travel size of this. It's not even worth trying to return to the store. Into the trash it goes!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This used to be really popular, but honestly it's terrible and the ingredients aren't that good. There's a lot of alcohol, fragrance, sulfates, and harsh ingredients in it.
This smells like cheap mens cologne, it is hard to work through your hair (dry or wet). Once I spray it in my hair, it dries stiff and crunchy.

It makes my hair dry, brittle, and i swear i have more split ends when i used this instead of other heat protectors
This provides NO hold, NO shine, NO nourishing benefits, etc

It just dries out my hair and leaves it brittle.
This makes my hair less smooth and makes the ends look terrible. No other product gives it this horrible finish

I used to use this heat protector but have since moved on. I would spray 2 sprays onto a brush and brush it through the section of hair to be straightened to distribute it evenly focusing mainly on the ends (since that's what is most susceptible to damage) and working it upwards. I never really had a problem with this, it protected my hair from heat as promised, however after switching I noticed something about my hair that STOPPED happening when I stopped using this... I have long hair and get regular trims every 4-6 weeks. Before I'd go for trim I noticed the ends of my hair were a lighter more orange shade of brown than the rest of my hair and never understood this. The hair was never fried or torched or brittle it was just orange. It drove me crazy! I'd always get the orange trimmed off and it always came back. I started using the kqc flat iron spray and stopped using the 44 iron guard and noticed there was no more orange! I can't say for sure it was this, but at the same time the signs all point to the product being the culprit. For this reason I will never use or repurchase this product again. No more orange hair for me!

This is a really great product! I'm actually really surprised by the reviews. I bought this on a whim before checking product reviews because I really needed a new heat protectant. I got home and checked the reviews here, and I almost returned it before even trying it. I decided to just give it a shot, and I'm glad I did. I bought this primarily for curling my hair with a flat iron. I haven't used it yet for straightening, but I'm sure it would work for that too. For reference, I have extremely thick, wavy, unruly hair that is just below bra strap length.

I clip my hair up in 4 big sections and spray this all over each sections before curling. My curls are bouncy, soft, and shiny, never sticky or hard like other reviewers have said. My style lasts all day with just a little bit of hairspray at the end. I use a pretty generous amount of this stuff too, so I'm not sure what is going on with people's poor results. Maybe people are using way too much? Yes, the scent is pretty strong and smells like men's cologne (like Cool Water), but once it dries, I don't even notice it.

I took off 1 lippie because I really wish this stuff would dry faster. It makes my hair really wet, and it takes a good 2 minutes each section for this stuff to dry. So we are talking a total of 8 minutes of standing around waiting for my hair to dry. I know that doesn't sound like a big deal, but when you are trying to get out the door in the morning, it really does make a big difference. I learned the hard way to NEVER flat iron while hair is wet, not even damp. You will fry your hair beyond repair. lol

I think I paid about 15 bucks for this, which I really don't think is a bad price. All the big chain salons always have good sales, and I'm sure you can pick it up much cheaper if you can wait for a sale. Don't let the negative reviews scare you. I think it is a great product, especially if you have the right hair type. :)

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is the only heat protecting spray I'll use when I'm styling dry hair. Most heat protecting sprays leave your hair feeling heavy, and you have to wait a little bit for them to dry. This one is different! You can spray and immediately start straightening or curling your hair. I've repurchased this a bunch of times, and I plan to continue.

I was highly disappointed with this product, it leaves my hair more dry and brittle than it would be without using any product. It also makes my hair feel very sticky like a strong hole hairspray and the smell is not great either.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

The first time I use my Chi flat iron, I used this product. It did a decent job, and my hair way pretty straight, so I was satisfied, considering my hair is extremely curly, thick, and difficult to straighten. I did this during the summer, and it was humid, however, and my hair did not hold up to the humidity at all. An hour later my hair was at this awkward not curly not straight stage. It was awful. I used this again, and decided that I absolutely hated the smell; it would almost make me gag. It also didn't even fully straighten my hair this time! every time I used it after that, I'd get the same result. I finally had to buy a different product, because this just wasn't working for me.

Popular Styling Products