November 21, 2014 | 1826 users online

Makeup Brushes - Bourjois - Bronzing Brush

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2012 11:03:00 AM More reviews by Marianthoula

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a hit-or-miss product.
I bought two pieces of these on the same day, of the same shelf and they could not be more different in quality. One is 1-star and the other a 3-star.

First of all, their hair is animal and it is cut so do not expect the softness of synthetic hair, or even that of MAC's 182. They are actualy quite scratchy but the "good" one can be used by someone not accustomed to the above brushes. The "bad" one is rubbish. It hurts my dragonscale-hard skin. They are not so bad when newly-washed, but after just a couple of applications they become scratchy.

They both pick up powder quite good and are firm and densely packed (not as dense as 182, though). But they both lost hair in the initial washing and they also continue to lose during application. The "good" one does not lose too many, just a couple but the "bad" one sheds like crazy.

They had no smell that I could detect and they dry a tad faster than my 182. Oh and they did not bleed during washing. I think brown may actualy be their true colour.

Their packaging is pretty much OK, I keep them in their tube to retain their shape and their size is the expected kabuki size.

I use one for bronzer and one for iridescent powder, but I am getting sick of them and their quality so not only do I not plan to buy again, I am saving money for 2 more 182.
If both were like the "good" of the two (which is actually more of a 3,5-star) then they would have been keepers, especially at their friendly price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2009 8:44:00 PM More reviews by iluvboyz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a wonderful make up brush. I have had it for over a year now and its just as good as the day I bought it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2009 8:12:00 PM More reviews by Sam1e

I just wanted a simple kabuki brush and saw this little small 1 and thought why not, i was pleasantly surprised how good it was! really holds the powder on well and its really soft and cute as well all for under 5, BARGIN!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2009 9:53:00 AM More reviews by hp20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i prefer this brush to apply blot/matifying powder or to blend out foundation on my face...its good for that but i dont like it for the purpose for brinzer and blush since it sheds alot and i find it a bit to dense for that...its ok over all but as soon as you get it wash it it will make it sooo much more softer !

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2009 4:03:00 PM More reviews by boogiedisease

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I loved that this brush was very soft. I can't handle most kabuki brushes on my face, as they hurt and cause irritations.
This one applied my makeup quite nicely.
However, after washing and conditioning it, it still shed like MAD. I've never had a brush shed so badly!
I only paid a few quid for this... so thinking that I perhaps got a bunk brush, I later purchased another.
Same thing.
Guess you get what you pay for!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2008 2:25:00 PM More reviews by dominicangirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

If you're on the look out for a kabuki brush that won't break the bank and will last you a good while then definately consider this. I've got 2 and have had both of them for around 2 years now and they are still in the same condition they were as when are first got them, which is amazing for under 5!

Unfortunately I no longer use this brush much at all since I got my MAC 187 brush, but this bronzing brush is definately a must-have incase. It picks up a good amount of product, doesn't shed much at all and isn't scratchy on the skin, yet isn't too soft that it doesn't do its job properly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2008 9:45:00 AM More reviews by almost40

God I LOVE this brush so much so that I have two backups! I have MAC's 168 and two 187's so I know a bit about their quality and I have to say that this little sweetheart is up there with the best.It has kept its shape beautifully,doesnt shed and is the perfect combination of softness and denseness(is that a word???)
At the moment they are 1.50 0ff in Superdrug making them only 3.50 so its well worth trying one at that cost.I might get another tomorrow while they're on offer.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2008 8:11:00 AM More reviews by RoxieFoxie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm not quite sure if this is the right place to review my little Bourjois brush, as on mine says Powder brush , but looks exactly like the one featured in the picture on this review.

I was looking for a blush brush for a long time, but not wanting to spend a huge amount of money on it.

And here comes the Bourjois Brush ... a find that Im very happy with.

It's soft enough not to scratch my skin , dense enough to pick up the right amount of product and comes really handy in the little plastic case.

It does the job of applying blushes wonderfully , Im thinking that it might even be good for applying mineral make-up ( like my L'oreal Mineral Foundation , as their built-in brush is awful and scratchy ).

Totally in-love , HG for me!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2008 11:52:00 AM More reviews by vanessa713

I really like this brush. I use it to apply my bronzer & blush -- it does the job perfectly. The bristles aren't soft but they aren't scratchy either. It picks up a good amount of product & has barely shed (even with my harsh washing!) which is impressive considering that it is a fairly cheap brush. I'd recommend this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2008 3:05:00 PM More reviews by LHANEMANN

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think this is a very good brush: very dense, and does its job - apply powders very well. The size is perfect.
It sheds a little, but not too much.
But I would like it more if it were softer.