Longcils Boncza Cake Mascara in Brown

on 3/5/2015 9:44:00 PM

I really like this mascara. Most modern mascaras make my eyelashes look weird. They are clumpy and dry out quickly.

Since this is a cake I can control the thickness of the mix. I won't have to throw it out after a couple of weeks when it dries out since it is a cake. It is more sanitary than a tube mascara, I can wash/sterilize the brush or just throw it out. I did replace the brush with a pack of traditional mascara bushes since the supplied brush was a bit awkward to use. The brown color is real natural looking brown. So glad I found this, my new forever mascara.

on 6/24/2008 8:40:00 AM

I originally bought this on the recommendation of a friend. I hated it at first because it does take a while to understand how to use it. I often ended up getting my lashes too wet and they would stick together, making my lashes look odd. While I originally bought for its original purpose, I have been using it as a cake eyeliner for some time now. I ran out of my original cake liner and tried this "in a pinch" and it was fantastic. Now it does double duty for me.

on 5/23/2008 4:11:00 PM

I saw a review just entered by "mspotatohead" I think it was, and she was sharing some views on products after lurking around the board. Made me laugh because that's what I did for a while...Also reminded me of how much I love another Longcil product...the Bonzca Cake Mascara in Brown.

If you really want your lashes to look beautifully natural (like you have no mascara on, but like you were born that way)...you may want to try this. I say "May" because the tube mascaras really are a lot faster and much less learning curve.

Pros:
1. The mascara stays on and doesn't budge until you wash it off. It doesn't flake and doesn't make my eyelashes droop after I've curled them.

2. It really does thicken and lengthen, but in a natural way and is really healthy for my lashes.

3. Wide range of colors. I chose Brun (or Brown) because I have almost see through lashes and it looks the most natural, but they have some other delicious colors

4. You never have to use a comb because the little applicator brush separates the lashes and there are never any clumps because you mix your own...fresh

5. Doesn't go bad. I've had mine for years and it's still fresh...also a lot of product in the most darling little compact.

Cons:

1. Learning curve with getting the right consistency. Like other reviewers have said...If it's too wet...My eyelashes droop like crazy and goes all over my eyes...Not a good look;) You have to get it to paste consistency.

2. The brush. I know I mentioned it in the pros, but it isn't the most ergonomic brush. A little hard for me and I have really good dexterity. I use this mascara when I'm not really hurried, but maybe if I used it everyday...I would become so good that it would be fast and easy.

All in all...great product, and so many contemporary actresses (like Catherine Zeta-Jones eg) use this mascara. And I've found out why they like it so much:)

HTHs

Update: Tried this for tight-lining, and it really works and doesn't burn my ultra sensitive eyes. I wanted to try something so much for tightlining that wasn't a pencil, and this doesn't run or smudge, but then I don't have that problem with most things.

on 5/24/2007 4:07:00 AM

This is not a cheap product. That being said, it can be an everyday product, if you have the time to build up an expertise in using it. I've been looking for a brown mascara that doesn't dry out after a few hours, keeps my curl, and doesn't strip the natural oil out of my lashes so that they eventually start to fall out.

This one fulfills all my requirements. It is not waterproof, but it doesn't smudge either, so it's a good compromise. I'm thrilled with it, and I want the black too.