OPI Golden Rules

4.1

on 2/27/2011 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Golden Rules! is a warm tone yellow gold. It has a bit of green tone in it. It reminds me of the gold color of the alladin pot in one thousand and one night. It has some fine golden glitters.

I find this color a bit hard to pull off for me as I have warm olive skin tone. But it will look great on very dark or light skin tone. The application is easy. Doesn't look streaky at all and two coats are enough. Will buy it again.

b21

on 11/12/2009 8:25:00 PM

This polish was an impulse buy because it was on sale and just had to get it even though I have too many gold nail polishes. I have to say I am glad i bought it because it is my favorite gold nail polish. It is, in my opinion, a much darker and richer color than Curry up and Don't be late which is a more yellowy gold. It also only takes one coat of polish.

on 11/1/2009 2:39:00 AM

This was my first OPI nail polish. Looks best with 2 coats. Formula seems to become thicker and thicker, as least for mine.
Overall, really nice gold color

on 8/19/2009 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

A lovely colour for woomen of colour.. A lovely light gold.... find it is similar to Curry Up and Don't be Late. One for the collection

on 3/16/2009 5:52:00 PM

I just got this nail polish but oh my gosh! I have to review it. It's a gorgeous gold. Goes on perfect (I seriously only "needed" one coat). Very rich color with plenty of subtle shimmer. I'm pretty light, NC20, and read this would look great on darker skin tones, however I think it also works great on my skin tone. I imagine this makes a fantastic toenail polish. This is a five star all the way for me!!

on 6/23/2008 4:00:00 PM

I love this warm gold. It's a fantastic color, looks great, and wears very, very well.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I loved this gold. It was a pretty true gold. It does have slightly yellowish olive undertones, I would think at least. It's nothing noticable though, and It makes the polish better. It has a shimmer to it, but Its hard to find a good gold polish without it. I would buy it again, since it looks so pretty.

on 5/17/2008 10:29:00 AM

*EDIT* this is really growing on me. It blends well with medium toned/slightly tanned feet. Great toenail color.

I'd really rate this a maybe for repurchase, on my search for the perfect gold toe polish. It's a subdued antique gold, slightly greenish or bronze, not a bright yellow gold. Turns out that looks better than the brighter metallics, on me anyway. Worth a try, and better than OPI Curry Up Don't be Late.

on 2/26/2008 5:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is GORGEOUS! It is the most beautiful gold polish i have ever come across. I love this colour it is a beautiful opaque gold. I guess im licky that it suits my skin tone. It also look great on toenails! If i ever run out i will definetly be buying another one!

on 11/27/2007 9:47:00 PM

This is a nice gold, it is pretty true to being gold. The truth is I have been looking for a nice good polish for a while. Maybe it is because I am tan, but this color isn't as great as I was hoping, it is nice and gold and metallic and shimmery, but maybe on someone darker or paler this would stand out more. Nice color, a little streakier than most OPIs but after 3 coats it looks okay. It is not my favorite and I would not repurchase I will probably wear for festive occasions. I will comment later if the chipping is different than the usual 4 days. I would recommend to anyone looking for a good gold or any other OPI addicts.

Top Rated OPI Products