August 28, 2014 | 1626 users online

Pressed Powders - Giorgio Armani - Hollywood Lights Compact

rated 2.0(1 review)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/31/2007 4:06:00 PM More reviews by aquabluerose

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love discovering new powder compacts and when I saw GA's Hollywood Lights Compact, I had to have it. Often I will buy the powder compact just for the compact alone; however,upon receiving it in the mail yesterday was a disappointment.
While the idea of a glamourous compact that resembles a Hollywood mirror is a really nice idea, to me, this compact is not worth $100.00 US at all. I really like GA's make-up, and understand the novelty of this item, but still I can't see spending this much. The black compact is ordinary and rather cheap looking. The lighting really doesn't seem that great, and the mirror is quite small and inconvenient.
I can't comment upon the powder as I am returning this compact, but it looks like a lovely beige with gold; and would probably be great as a highlighter which what this powder is basically for.
The Black Gem Palette is prettier than this compact and contained a tier of eye shadows for $90.00 US.
Would appreciate other comments on the Hollywood Lights Compact...Thanks.
UPDATE: Dear Reader: I still don't think it is worth it...even for the lights. Compact could have been done better for the price.