October 23, 2014 | 2052 users online

Polishes - Rimmel - Play Fast - Addictive

rated 4.0(1 review)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2007 6:33:00 PM More reviews by fivezero

Play Fast is Rimmel's new line of quick-dry nail colours. The first collection, 2007's Underground, includes Addictive (may be a Canada exclusive, though), a beautiful hot pink with pink and purple shimmer. It's not really my colour (too cool) but if you can pull off hot pinks, this is a great one to get.

I bought nine of the new colours, and am finding that they all apply very well and are completely opaque with two coats. The formula is much better, in my opinion, than that of all Rimmel's previous nail polishes: Play Fast polish applies smoothly (no clumps or goopiness) and dries to a shiny/glossy finish.

The polish does dry quickly, but I found that this did not make it difficult to work with. This is in part due to the new brush deisgn. It's flat and wide (like OPI's new Pro-Wide brush introduced in 2006), making it very easy to apply the polish in just a few quick strokes.

I really like the chic new bottles, too. My only complaint is that the caps, while they are attractive, are kind of slick and difficult to get open (I had to use a rubber band on most of my new ones just to get them open). All in all, though, these new polishes are great quality for the price (I think I paid a little over CAD$4 each) and they're well worth picking up!

Pics:Nails continued >>