December 18, 2014 | 1632 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Define A Lash

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2014 3:32:00 PM More reviews by AngelaLOVE123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an okay mascara. It gives me really natural looking lashes. It clumps sometimes and smudges on me by the end of the day. I think the brush is actually great. It's somewhat flimsy but it applies the mascara well. It doesn't give you volume but gives you some length. It's a bit hard to get off also. Probably won't be repurchasing though.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2014 8:57:00 PM More reviews by peachsmom

Kind of surprised by the low ratings on this one. I have very sensitive eyes, and this is one of the few mascaras I can wear without irritation. I like that it doesn't clump, doesn't flake, and comes off easily at the end of the day with a little cleanser. I have pretty good lashes to begin with, and this adds some nice definition -- not wild drag queen lashes, so if you're looking for that, look elsewhere. But if you're looking for a good, basic, lengthening mascara you can wear day to day, this one's worth a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2014 5:06:00 PM More reviews by lauren97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use this mascara because I love having lengthy eyelashes. This mascara does just that. It doesn't clump my lashes at all. It provides some volume, but if you're looking for a good deal of volume, this is not the right mascara for you. It's more focused on length, which it definitely provides. The color is brilliant and very black. The formula is more wet than creamy, but not wet enough to be a problem. The wand separates my lashes well and coats them quite evenly. The only problem I have with it is the fact that it's way too flexible. It's not stiff or sturdy at all. It bends if you don't put it back in the tube slowly and straight on, and if you're not paying attention, it can miss the tube and flick onto your hands and fingers. Other than that, I love this mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2014 5:27:00 PM More reviews by snarkywench

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

If I had gone by the reviews, I would not have purchased this because I like 4 lippie products and I generally avoid Maybelline mascara just because of not so great lash. That said, I really like this mascara. For me, it lengthens and defines and can go from light and natural to a bit of drama. No one is going to think you're wearing falsies when you wear this so it's not for that kind of look but for non-clumpy definition with a bit of length & a smidge of volume, this works nicely and also seems to hold curl or at least doesn't flatten them. It has not smudged, flaked or run on me and I've sweated and be rained on, I use the non- waterproof version as I'm not a fan of WP.

The flexible brush head is not my favorite, I usually prefer bristles, but isn't overly bendy and the tip is narrow enough to get to the little lashes but you'll probably have a little clean up.

Removal is easy, it melts with a good bit of water and does raccoon but removes completely with any remover or cleanser. I use Philosophy's original Purity.

This is one of my go-to mascaras.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2014 8:43:00 PM More reviews by tswope57

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using Maybelline mini brush waterproof mascara for years. Lately it seems I need something more since my lashes seem to be not as thick or long anymore. I tried Maybelline Define-A-Lash Lengthening mascara (advertises zero clumps, sleek definition, sensuous length) It does clump a bit and my lashes were not lengthened.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2014 10:16:00 AM More reviews by CharcuterieQueen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Excellent layering mascara, lengthens well. Not much in the way of volume. Doesn't clump if you don't zig zag as you separate. Top with a volumizing mascara (Dior) and you'll have a set of peepers TDF.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2014 3:37:00 PM More reviews by meghall90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is awesome! It's never ever clumped on me at all. It does a great job of separating my lashes. It gives a great natural definition of the eyes. Nothing too dramatic. Love this stuff!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2014 12:43:00 AM More reviews by auburninthesnow

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Works in a pinch, somewhat clumpy but less so after I added a few drops saline to the bottle, doesn't add much for volume or length. I particularly didn't like the way the bond between the wand and the applicator was "loose" and I had to be extra careful when putting it back in the tube or else it would bend and either not go in without leaving a ton of product on the top, or completely "pop" out of the hole and onto my hand. Not fun. Doesn't help their case as they aren't cruelty free. Not a deal breaker, but a degrading factor. Wouldn't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2014 5:26:00 PM More reviews by annaa7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This mascara did wonders for my lashes! But sadly, my country do not sell these mascaras anymore.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2014 11:02:00 PM More reviews by Susie0205

I love this so much! Can make my lashed super long buts still keep it a natural looking! I love using this every day, easy applying and nice effect! If I want more volume, I love the volume express one which is yellow tube also by maybelline, these two definitely my drugstore favourites! But, attention! The waterproof version of this one sucks! Bad bad bad! This one is excellent!! Do not try the waterproof one!