October 24, 2014 | 905 users online

Mascara - Kiss Me - Purple or Dark Purple

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2013 5:31:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a staple for me.

I wear black mascara on my upper lashes, and this Dark Purple on my lower ones, and it looks terrific on my bright green eyes.

As other reviewers have remarked, Dark Purple isn't an obvious, in-your-face bright purple, but a dark plum purple color; it really looks pretty much black, in most lights, but is slightly softer, and adds just a glimmer of something "special" to a look. I haven't had one person ask me, "Why are your eyelashes PURPLE?" but I've had lots of compliments on my "beautiful green eyes." What's not to love about that?

Yet another quality that puts this mascara solidly in "staple" category for me is its tenacious wear. I have EXTREMELY oily skin, wear contacts, and am plagued by allergies, and this mascara still doesn't budge (on my lower lashes, yet!)all day. This mascara doesn't impart a lot of length or volume, but since I use it only on the lower lashes, that's a non-issue for me.

And I love the skinny brush.

And it's cruelty-free.

The price is kind of steep, but not outrageous.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2008 10:29:00 PM More reviews by swolf123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought this on a whim from Skinstore's 20% off sale. The quality and brush is exactly the same as its black counterpart. No clumping or flaking, yet it does not perfectly separate or curl like Shiseido's lasting lift mascara.
The beautiful plum color more than makes up for its short comings.
Update: Returned. It flakes, whether or not I apply Clarin's Mascara Fix over it. Oh well.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2008 8:25:00 AM More reviews by flamehairedgoddess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My favourite coloured mascara (since i can't find Borjuies Maxi Frange in Jungle Green anywhere!)

I was already a fan of Blinc Kiss Me Mascara as i have to wear waterproof mascara daily due to watery eyes - these always lead to panda eyes when i can't get it off.

Anyways Blinc Mascara really does stay on until i massage my eyelashes in teh shower the next morning which is a huge thumbs up for me.

I would be happier if it had more curl, length or volume but the waterproof capabilities are more important for me, i regularly use the black, med brown and this dark purple.

As for the colour, it's not a bright in your face purple it's a deep regal purple which goes on very glossy. A classy take on coloured mascaras that doesn't look at all tacky. I'll continue buying this as long as Blinc keep making it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2007 6:27:00 PM More reviews by sasha671

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i love this color. its v dark but amethyst color still shows. kiss me is the only mascara i wear

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2007 10:26:00 PM More reviews by gatinha321

UPDATE 3/6/08: I just bought my 3rd tube of purple. I've gone on to my 2nd tube of blue and have tried brown too. This is such a tricky mascara for me to use but I keep buying it because I've never found a purple mascara quite so pretty. I know, lots of people think colored mascara is tacky and depending on the color, I would agree. But this is such a shimmery, shiny royal purple color. I have looked at several different purple mascaras and none come close to being this pretty (flirt cosmetics makes 2 that I've tried. The fiber formula-virtual violet- is really pretty but very irritating on my eyes. You can't even tell the other one is purple-intense plum is the name, I think. Red Earth has one at Ulta but it's too red, ditto for Givenchy Eye Fly. Paula Dorf Blackberry looks brown, not purple. Bourjois quit making their pretty colored mascaras). I will be really ticked if Blinc discontinues this color. I've gotten some good tips about applying this since my first review. Make sure you've combed through your lashes, twirl the brush inside the tube to pick up the color, apply quickly in one smooth movement, apply additional coats while the first one is still wet. This dries in about 30 seconds, not 2 minutes like the insert says. Anyway, besides the color, and the shine, the only other reason I keep putting up with stiff, pointy lashes is because it's so easy to take off. In fact, contrary to it's claim that you can cry and this won't come off, I've found that if my eyes water for any reason, there go the tubes, looking like spider legs, down my cheeks. Maybe other people have better luck with this staying on than I do.
Original review: I bought this untested for $24 USD from Sephora.com and I'm so glad I did. This is a gorgeous color! A shimmery amethyst purple that really accentuates my brown eyes. I received the older blue packaging which contains less (0.19 oz) than the newer tubes (.21 oz). At first I was annoyed at the small brush size (I'm not sure if the brush is bigger in the new packaging). Then I realized it was perfect for my lower lashes so now I'm really in love with it. I would definitely not say this is waterproof/resistant but it is smudge-proof and that's fine with me. I can finally wear mascara on my lower lashes!!I love this mascara so much that I bought another tube of purple and a tube of blue on ebay (in the older packaging). This is expensive for mascara if not purchased on ebay. I generally hate to shell out money for something that has to be tossed so often (I splurged on eye shadow and saved money buying d/s mascara) but what I hate even more is struggling to remove my mascara at the end of the day. I really get fed up having to use separate eye makeup remover because my face cleanser is either too harsh for my eyes or just isn't effective enough. This doesn't volumize but it makes my lashes look decently long and defined so I'm fairly pleased with the results. The secret is to apply thin coats quickly because once this dries in 2 minutes, there's no going back over it with more mascara. So, I will definitely repurchase this-and have!