July 29, 2014 | 2017 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Meow Cosmetics - Premier Puss Primer Oily

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2014 12:42:00 PM More reviews by denns

This primer was AWESOME at keeping my face matte for about 5 hours. That's really good for my skin (especially when I'm using mineral makeup, and not a matte liquid foundation). I used it under my BareMinerals Original and it helped to tone down the shine and really keep my makeup in place wonderfully. My makeup tends to really degrade, separate and move throughout the day (esp the Bare - I use it because it's one of the few that doesn't break me out).

One weird thing though - this primer created almost like a film on my skin under my foundation. When I would go to scratch my chin, or touch my face with my fingernails anywhere my makeup would peel off in little patches. It was almost comical because I'd never had anything happen like this. The primer really worked at keeping me shine-free though. And maybe its a good thing that I can't touch my skin all day. Still, I took off one lippie because that's a bit weird....but I didn't notice that in any other reviews so it might just be issues with my specific skin. Still, the product is worth a try!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2013 5:36:00 PM More reviews by ShelbyA1993

I really love this primer. It is the only one that I have found that doesn't break me out like crazy. It does keep my makeup on longer and reduce shine. Of course, if you're really oily and/or live in a humid climate, it probably won't do much for you. But if you live in the desert like me, it works really well.

The package does get dirty really easy and the lid breaks very easily so I have to store these someone other than tossed in my makeup bag like everything else.

Overall, I love this primer and will continue to use it.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2013 2:31:00 AM More reviews by jhc19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

UGH, I loved how well this primer worked in keeping my oily face matte and my makeup looking fresh for hours. Use sparingly - if you use too much, you can end up looking chalk-white like the actual powder itself.
Anyway, nothing I used before kept my face as matte as this primer did - I only had to blot once during the day when I used this. Normally, I would have to blot three times. BUT every time I used this I broke out in small bumps, especially on my forehead and nose the very next day. I used it five different times with breaks of about two weeks in between just to make sure... and I know it was this product because it's the only new product I used. So so sad and depressing considering it's only got three ingredients that are non-comedogenic.. whyyyyy :(
But I gave it some points for its excellent oil control and because you get a lot for the price :( Blegh, so the search continues...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2012 3:29:00 PM More reviews by therubyprincess

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this primer. It's done the best job of keeping my oily face a bit more matte. Nothing will ever keep it matte all day; that's just my skin and if someone goes into buying this thinking that it will they are looking for a product to do too much, IMO. I've used other powder primers like Mattify! Ultra and this one is the best. Test it out first and see if you like it; my guess is you will.

Customer service is fine - my first order was placed on a Friday, filled on the following Thursday and arrived at my door on the next Tuesday so that makes 11 days total. Ehh. Definitely not superfast but tolerable. Oh that was regular first class mail.

Anyway, would buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2012 11:14:00 AM More reviews by cerulfox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I tried both this and the Combo primer, and the Oily primer knocks the combo out of the park regarding simple oil control. Combined with the Flawless Feline foundation and Top Cat finishing powder my skin looks smooth and flawless all day, and when I *do* get oily I'm dewy, not shiny. When first applied I get a slight tightness, which I think is from the kaolin clay, but it dissipates quickly, especially when I spritz my face at the end with rosewater. Awesome product, and would definitely buy again.

EDIT: After finding better balance in my skincare, my skin is not as oily as it used to be and so I now find this primer a bit drying. I'll still keep my jar for the height of summer or for just a very light dusting as needed, but probably wouldn't need to buy another as this should last a VERY long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2011 6:04:00 PM More reviews by lindadomini

OMG.... if they sold this by the gallon, I'd probably buy it. It totally helps with shine control. I love that a little goes a long way. If you put too much, it tends to appear as white as it looks in the package. I use this for touch-ups or as a finishing step. I do not use this as a "primer" because I didn't feel that it did it's job best when you use it before you put on your mineral foundation. If I touch up with powder, it looks caked on. But if I choose to use this primer to touch up, it makes my makeup look great. I would definitely recommend oily complexions try this as a primer and/or as a touch-up solution and see if it works for them. Only thing I would change is the packaging. It comes in this tiny little container whereby you can't really get a brush to swish around the cap. A little does go a long way though. It would be even nicer if they had this in a pressed compact. That would make it more convenient and maybe less messy to apply. But I love, love, love this product! Love you Meow Cosmetics!!!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2011 4:16:00 AM More reviews by thecaitycat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

In keeping with my use of Meow's foundation and blush, I decided to try this oily skin primer as a last ditch effort to keep the lunchtime oil slick at bay. And it worked! I still need to blot, but it's not nearly as awful and shiny and gross as it used to be. I think it is helping my makeup stay put as well, since there's more makeup coming off onto the cleaning cloths before I go to bed.

You don't need to apply very much of this underneath your makeup. I've had my jar for at least six months and it's only half gone!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2010 12:49:00 PM More reviews by phoofy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Based off of a sample I ordered from Meow Cosmetics, this primer has been THE best I've tried thus far for controlling the oilies. Used alone under MMU foundation (and over Regenerist & LRP SPF 60 ss), this kept up for about an hour longer than other primers. (I've tried BE Prime Time, BE Prime Time Oil Control, Smashbox Photo Finish, Sephora Primer, Monistat Anti-Chafing.) But what I found to work for me was to layer Premiere Puss Primer on top of Boots' No7 Mattifyig Base - with that combo, by noon I have a mild shine, NOT an oil slick. I've gone by entire days with using just one blotting paper! While this isn't perfect, it's worked way better than what I've tried in the past. I would definitely buy a full jar, as long as I can use it with the Boots base.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2009 11:54:00 PM More reviews by dmchee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using MAC Blot powder for YEARS but made the switch to Premier Puss Primer for Oily skin because I wanted to switch to an all-mineral makeup routine for my oily, acne-prone skin. Here's what I do: (1) apply moisterizer all over face, (2) apply Meow's pampered puss foundation, then (3) apply premier puss primer. Yes, that's right...I add the primer last. The foundation applies better on moisterized skin (minerals adhere better to wet surfaces than dry surfaces)....if I add primer first, my skin is no longer 'wet' and when I go to apply foundation, most of it dusts off into the air. This primer does a sufficient job of reducing oil; my skin is VERY oily so I don't expect miracles...I'd say the performance is comparable to MAC blot powder...at least with the primer, my skin doesn't feel 'heavy' at the end of the day and only my nose is shiny (not the whole face). Will repurchase if nothing else triggers my curiosity.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2009 7:32:00 PM More reviews by sll74

i like this as a good everyday primer. when paired with the meow foundation it is a nice look. i prefer the anti-shine (tube) when i'm going out because it seems more matte and more lasting. anyway, this is good and i like it and it's more natural so i'll repurchase to go with my meow foundation.