Cover Girl CG Smoothers Pressed Powder

3.8

Talc, Mineral Oil, Avena Sativa Kernel Flour (Oat), Zinc Stearate, Polyoxymethylene Urea, Isopropyl Isostearate, Fragrance/Parfum, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract (Marticaria), C10 18 Triglycerides, Dimethicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, BHT, Quaternium 15, Mica, Iron Oxides, Ultramarines

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a nice affordable powder that doesn't give me acne or dry skin. I use this on it own, or in addition with my Liquid Cover girl foundation. It has a nice faint smell to it, and seems to last most of the day. I will continue to buy this product and would recommend it for anyone on a budget. It is not as good as MAC or Sephora, but good quality for it's price (around $8 CAD).

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this to use w CG AquaSmoothers BB. Both are approx $7 ea., so it was a bit of an investment. Why can't hardly any DS come out w a cheap oil free powder that doesn't oxidize?? This cr-p oxidized so bad. I like CG Ready Set Gorg. much better! Tbh I like Rimmel Stay Matte (packaging sux) & Physicians Formula (price pointe way too high but u get what u pay for somexs), I would def not buy this again! The mineral oil is terrible. I didn't know it had mineral oil until after I had ripped open the package (my bad! I need to look at list b4 I buy apparently haha), used it NEwayz & it made my face shiny after a short time just got worse as day went on. For the wastedness sake I'll use this up I guess but yucky mineral oil but a lot of CG powders have mineral oil like clean-normal-skin so caveat emptor. Stupid ME for not examining packaging closer now im stuck w this powder! Would never rebuy I kno Rimmel contains mineral oil down the list too but it at least doesn't make me shiny! Something in Rimmel keeps me matte longer than this >:( lucky elf has a $2 powder that is better n doesn't oxidize it's just that their containers are super small so I could use one up every week! (Main complaint about that). Sorry for the complaining if u have any semblance of oily skin stay far, far away!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like to carry compacts in my purse for touch-ups while I'm outside. This is a nice drugstore pressed powder to travel with (however the CG logo got scratch off easily when I kept it on my purse.) I own this in the shade Translucent Medium and I like to wear this on top of my Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream No. 21. It feels light weight on the skin even when it's applied with a powder puff. It does help to keep my makeup matte and not cakey at all. The best way to apply this is with the method Wayne Goss (Makeup artist) uses. First press the powder puff evenly against the pressed powder and then use your finger to flick at the puff to tap off the excess. Then wrap the powder puff around the index finger and use light dabbing motions to twist/ press the powder into the skin to keep it matte. You get a lot of product for its price so it'll last you some time. I would definitely recommend this to people who do not like to wear too much makeup and do not want to splurge their money on high end products. I will buy this again!

Covergirl have always been my top choice for a pressed powder. I loved the now discontinued fragrance-free powder that used to be sold in the slim, light teal colored compact back in the day, but this is a nice alternative. This holds back shine well, and has a very subtle glow to it that keep it from looking chalky or "powdery". It's very sheer, which is what I want when I'm touching up oily areas. CG removed the cloying fragrance this used to have, and it's now thankfully, fragrance free. I love the slim, pretty, dark blue colored compact, and how it mattifies my shiny t-zone without ever being heavy or cakey, so I would repurchase!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Normally I use Cover Girl Advanced Radiance Pressed Powder, but this one is even better. The powder puff is thicker with a better texture. The Smoothers Powder also requires fewer touch ups. Typically I use this just for touch ups, but I tried it as a setting powder and it works well for that too. I recommend using the Cover Girl website to find the correct shade. They recommended "Translucent Light" which is perfect for me. Normally I would have gone with the lighter shade, which would have been too light. Their products must look darker in the package, because they recommended foundation, concealer and powder that were all darker than I would have picked, but they look perfect.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

What a nice compact purse friendly touch up product. Goes on like soft velvet and feels lovely. Unfortunately for me it made me itch like crazy. I don't down grade the product for that, that is just me and whatever makes me itch. Same problem with their cheekers blush (and yes I tested them separately, both products did it).

Coverage is very sheer but it has the quality I look for in a good pressed powder which is to take the shine off sunscreen and downplay my redness, freckles and so forth without enhancing dry skin or wrinkles.

I got the translucent light and it worked fine with my NC 15 - 20 skin colour.

Not sure of staying power because both times I tried this before returning it this morning I itched so bad I had to wash it off within a couple of hours.

Sad because this is a worth duplicate of my Estee Lauder Lucidity compact powder in 02 Light Medium which I use all the time as a finishing powder. Not as much coverage as the mineral powder foundation from Elizabeth Arden which is also lovely, but I'm back to paying 36$ a pop for EL, and 45$ or so for EA.

Rimmel's Stay Matte is a good one but I HATE the container. I like a compact I can drag around in my purse that keeps the powder clean and safe and out of my purse.

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

Lately I have been using this as a finishing powder over my CG Smoothers BB cream. You have to use a light hand; however if you do it looks beautiful! It's inexpensive, too. It doesn't break me out, and it has become part of my everyday routine, followed by ELF's setting spray. Those three items--CG Smoothers BB Cream, followed by the powder, followed by the setting spray--lasts until I take it off, feels good on my face, and looks natural (applied sparingly). Way to go, Covergirl!

COVERGIRL PLEASE STOP TESTING ON ANIMALS!

I only publish reviews of products that I truly believe in, and I use most of my reviewed products every day, long term. I am an ordinary woman trying to find what works without breaking the bank!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I love this stuff! I usually don't like Covergirl products but I think this will be my HG setting powder. I use a Kabuki brush to apply and afterwards the powder leaves my skin feeling soft and my makeup looking well-blended. It definitely helps with oil control as well. I follow this up with Urban Decay's setting spray and my makeup stays on all day. Good job, Covergirl, I'll definitely keep purchasing this.

UPDATE 1-11-15: Still my HG powder. It's the perfect finishing touch, it really makes my skin look so nice and soft after I use it. Love love love it.

My first ever powder! The smell was a little strong at first, but actually, it's very pleasant and comforting. I use the translucent medium shade and I love that it not only smells clean and fresh, but it DEFINITELY keeps my face matte all day long while leaving a very very sheer cover on my face. No pore clogging, no heavy feeling, and it leaves you with a nice little glow. Problem is that it may leave a bit of a dry spot if you don't control how much you put on.

I've had a problem with a super shiny forehead (and it doesn't help my forehead is a lil big), and this keeps everything matte all day and I almost never even bother touching up! I love it!

Only CON: I wish the case was a little more sturdy. It feels like one day, I might snap it.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is my go-to daily foundation. I absolutely love this stuff, and would go into a deep depression if it disappeared from market. The texture of the powder is light, but provides coverage at the same time, leaving me with a flawless foundation that looks like I just came back from a great vacation, all rested, glowing and make up free from being "naturally" sun kissed. Even in the dark of winter, this gives my complexion a soft glow. The formula isn't greasy, but is dry enough to soak up my oily spots, yet has enough moisture to glide over my dry areas, but doesn't settle into the facial lines and creases I'm trying to ingore! I can't give enough praise to this awesome product. It makes my skin look better than any product I've put on it, and is equal in greatness to the base moisturizer that I took years and hundreds of products to discover as well. I bypass the cosmetics counters in fine department stores now, with nairy a glance. I no longer feel the need to try every new foundation or powder out there, regardless, or inspite of, the cost. Those days are gone, and I've found 4 new bathroom cabinet drawers for storage from tossing out all the pricey products I've tried before finding this one. From morning to night, and regardless of the seasons, this is THE ONE for me. In case you are wondering, I'm addicted to CoverGirl, Smoothers, translucent Honey #720!