Cover Girl CG Smoothers Pressed Powder

3.7

Talc, Mineral Oil, Avena Sativa Kernel Flour (Oat), Zinc Stearate, Polyoxymethylene Urea, Isopropyl Isostearate, Fragrance/Parfum, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract (Marticaria), C10 18 Triglycerides, Dimethicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, BHT, Quaternium 15, Mica, Iron Oxides, Ultramarines

on 9/15/2014 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

What a nice compact purse friendly touch up product. Goes on like soft velvet and feels lovely. Unfortunately for me it made me itch like crazy. I don't down grade the product for that, that is just me and whatever makes me itch. Same problem with their cheekers blush (and yes I tested them separately, both products did it).

Coverage is very sheer but it has the quality I look for in a good pressed powder which is to take the shine off sunscreen and downplay my redness, freckles and so forth without enhancing dry skin or wrinkles.

I got the translucent light and it worked fine with my NC 15 - 20 skin colour.

Not sure of staying power because both times I tried this before returning it this morning I itched so bad I had to wash it off within a couple of hours.

Sad because this is a worth duplicate of my Estee Lauder Lucidity compact powder in 02 Light Medium which I use all the time as a finishing powder. Not as much coverage as the mineral powder foundation from Elizabeth Arden which is also lovely, but I'm back to paying 36$ a pop for EL, and 45$ or so for EA.

Rimmel's Stay Matte is a good one but I HATE the container. I like a compact I can drag around in my purse that keeps the powder clean and safe and out of my purse.

on 8/15/2014 11:56:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

Lately I have been using this as a finishing powder over my CG Smoothers BB cream. You have to use a light hand; however if you do it looks beautiful! It's inexpensive, too. It doesn't break me out, and it has become part of my everyday routine, followed by ELF's setting spray. Those three items--CG Smoothers BB Cream, followed by the powder, followed by the setting spray--lasts until I take it off, feels good on my face, and looks natural (applied sparingly). Way to go, Covergirl!

COVERGIRL PLEASE STOP TESTING ON ANIMALS!

I only publish reviews of products that I truly believe in, and I use most of my reviewed products every day, long term. I am an ordinary woman trying to find what works without breaking the bank!

on 6/7/2014 8:34:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I love this stuff! I usually don't like Covergirl products but I think this will be my HG setting powder. I use a Kabuki brush to apply and afterwards the powder leaves my skin feeling soft and my makeup looking well-blended. It definitely helps with oil control as well. I follow this up with Urban Decay's setting spray and my makeup stays on all day. Good job, Covergirl, I'll definitely keep purchasing this.

UPDATE 1-11-15: Still my HG powder. It's the perfect finishing touch, it really makes my skin look so nice and soft after I use it. Love love love it.

on 3/1/2014 11:56:00 PM

My first ever powder! The smell was a little strong at first, but actually, it's very pleasant and comforting. I use the translucent medium shade and I love that it not only smells clean and fresh, but it DEFINITELY keeps my face matte all day long while leaving a very very sheer cover on my face. No pore clogging, no heavy feeling, and it leaves you with a nice little glow. Problem is that it may leave a bit of a dry spot if you don't control how much you put on.

I've had a problem with a super shiny forehead (and it doesn't help my forehead is a lil big), and this keeps everything matte all day and I almost never even bother touching up! I love it!

Only CON: I wish the case was a little more sturdy. It feels like one day, I might snap it.

on 1/30/2014 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is my go-to daily foundation. I absolutely love this stuff, and would go into a deep depression if it disappeared from market. The texture of the powder is light, but provides coverage at the same time, leaving me with a flawless foundation that looks like I just came back from a great vacation, all rested, glowing and make up free from being "naturally" sun kissed. Even in the dark of winter, this gives my complexion a soft glow. The formula isn't greasy, but is dry enough to soak up my oily spots, yet has enough moisture to glide over my dry areas, but doesn't settle into the facial lines and creases I'm trying to ingore! I can't give enough praise to this awesome product. It makes my skin look better than any product I've put on it, and is equal in greatness to the base moisturizer that I took years and hundreds of products to discover as well. I bypass the cosmetics counters in fine department stores now, with nairy a glance. I no longer feel the need to try every new foundation or powder out there, regardless, or inspite of, the cost. Those days are gone, and I've found 4 new bathroom cabinet drawers for storage from tossing out all the pricey products I've tried before finding this one. From morning to night, and regardless of the seasons, this is THE ONE for me. In case you are wondering, I'm addicted to CoverGirl, Smoothers, translucent Honey #720!

on 1/28/2014 6:52:00 PM

This was my first ever powder, and I've been using it for nearly 4 years now! I wear the shade Translucent Medium. I love using it to touch up, and this will work as an all-over setting powder in a pinch. I have a very oily nose area and I have one of these in my bag at all times to touch up throughout the day, AND one in my bathroom as well.

I've tried many other powders (Urban Decay, smashbox, and even other Covergirl ones!) and I always, always come back to this one. This one beats them all. It mattifies and provides a tiny bit of coverage so I can hide the redness around my nose, but never looks cakey. I simply apply it with the puff that comes with it, it works quite nicely.

I hope they never discontinue this! It's an HG for me.

on 4/12/2013 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

this was one of my first powders, i love it. it's very nice. i got it in translucent light, which is a little light for me considering my skin's a light olive. but it is translucent so. the packaging can be hard to get open, i feel like i'm going to break it every time i open it, plus it's a really plain packaging that gets dirty easily. the pricing isn't expensive, it's reasonable for a good powder. overall, i like this powder it's very compact and easy travel, it comes with a powder puff - which is always good. this powder doesn't break me out and makes my face stay matte throughout the day.

on 2/8/2013 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

This was my first makeup product purchase and I absolutely love it! I'm pretty tan and wearing this alone isn't terrible; it's quite natural looking. Although I do have dry skin so it does leave my skin flaky sometimes. But there are days where it looks like I have nothing on my face and it looks like I have even skin! I love it. I will repurchase this until I find a better product.

on 2/2/2013 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I've been using this powder for 3 years ow and I like it a lot. It feels good on skin and doesn't break me out. Good color match and packaging is nice.

on 12/22/2012 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This product is beautiful. I bought this thinking it'd be just the same as my Maybelline Dream BB cream and only because Wal-Mart was out of my color. I saw these on the rack right next to them so i thought what the heck , let's try it. I got in the car and expected someone so i slapped some on my bare face. ( yes, it was washed ) . It is wonderful. It did just as much as my BB cream did . Then when i got home, i washed it off and put the left overs of my BB cream under it . Almost full coverage. It was beautiful. I did have to run some down my neck to throw off the slight color difference. But i dont mind. It can matce many skin tones. ( I have translucent honey ) It's really nice. I will definately be repurchasing . (: I'm a happy customer.

Recommended for Normal Skin