July 31, 2014 | 2008 users online

Pressed Powders - Cover Girl - CG Smoothers Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2014 8:34:00 PM More reviews by treradical

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! I usually don't like Covergirl products but I think this will be my HG setting powder. I use a Kabuki brush to apply and afterwards the powder leaves my skin feeling soft and my makeup looking well-blended. It definitely helps with oil control as well. I follow this up with Urban Decay's setting spray and my makeup stays on all day. Good job, Covergirl, I'll definitely keep purchasing this.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2014 11:56:00 PM More reviews by JayTeaBrew

My first ever powder! The smell was a little strong at first, but actually, it's very pleasant and comforting. I use the translucent medium shade and I love that it not only smells clean and fresh, but it DEFINITELY keeps my face matte all day long while leaving a very very sheer cover on my face. No pore clogging, no heavy feeling, and it leaves you with a nice little glow. Problem is that it may leave a bit of a dry spot if you don't control how much you put on.

I've had a problem with a super shiny forehead (and it doesn't help my forehead is a lil big), and this keeps everything matte all day and I almost never even bother touching up! I love it!

Only CON: I wish the case was a little more sturdy. It feels like one day, I might snap it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2014 4:01:00 PM More reviews by bionicblonde

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my go-to daily foundation. I absolutely love this stuff, and would go into a deep depression if it disappeared from market. The texture of the powder is light, but provides coverage at the same time, leaving me with a flawless foundation that looks like I just came back from a great vacation, all rested, glowing and make up free from being "naturally" sun kissed. Even in the dark of winter, this gives my complexion a soft glow. The formula isn't greasy, but is dry enough to soak up my oily spots, yet has enough moisture to glide over my dry areas, but doesn't settle into the facial lines and creases I'm trying to ingore! I can't give enough praise to this awesome product. It makes my skin look better than any product I've put on it, and is equal in greatness to the base moisturizer that I took years and hundreds of products to discover as well. I bypass the cosmetics counters in fine department stores now, with nairy a glance. I no longer feel the need to try every new foundation or powder out there, regardless, or inspite of, the cost. Those days are gone, and I've found 4 new bathroom cabinet drawers for storage from tossing out all the pricey products I've tried before finding this one. From morning to night, and regardless of the seasons, this is THE ONE for me. In case you are wondering, I'm addicted to CoverGirl, Smoothers, translucent Honey #720!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2014 6:52:00 PM More reviews by vintagy

This was my first ever powder, and I've been using it for nearly 4 years now! I wear the shade Translucent Medium. I love using it to touch up, and this will work as an all-over setting powder in a pinch. I have a very oily nose area and I have one of these in my bag at all times to touch up throughout the day, AND one in my bathroom as well.

I've tried many other powders (Urban Decay, smashbox, and even other Covergirl ones!) and I always, always come back to this one. This one beats them all. It mattifies and provides a tiny bit of coverage so I can hide the redness around my nose, but never looks cakey. I simply apply it with the puff that comes with it, it works quite nicely.

I hope they never discontinue this! It's an HG for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2013 11:10:00 PM More reviews by alg208

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

this was one of my first powders, i love it. it's very nice. i got it in translucent light, which is a little light for me considering my skin's a light olive. but it is translucent so. the packaging can be hard to get open, i feel like i'm going to break it every time i open it, plus it's a really plain packaging that gets dirty easily. the pricing isn't expensive, it's reasonable for a good powder. overall, i like this powder it's very compact and easy travel, it comes with a powder puff - which is always good. this powder doesn't break me out and makes my face stay matte throughout the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2013 6:10:00 PM More reviews by traceyjoy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was my first makeup product purchase and I absolutely love it! I'm pretty tan and wearing this alone isn't terrible; it's quite natural looking. Although I do have dry skin so it does leave my skin flaky sometimes. But there are days where it looks like I have nothing on my face and it looks like I have even skin! I love it. I will repurchase this until I find a better product.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2013 2:02:00 PM More reviews by blowpop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been using this powder for 3 years ow and I like it a lot. It feels good on skin and doesn't break me out. Good color match and packaging is nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2012 11:48:00 PM More reviews by curlmeup97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

This product is beautiful. I bought this thinking it'd be just the same as my Maybelline Dream BB cream and only because Wal-Mart was out of my color. I saw these on the rack right next to them so i thought what the heck , let's try it. I got in the car and expected someone so i slapped some on my bare face. ( yes, it was washed ) . It is wonderful. It did just as much as my BB cream did . Then when i got home, i washed it off and put the left overs of my BB cream under it . Almost full coverage. It was beautiful. I did have to run some down my neck to throw off the slight color difference. But i dont mind. It can matce many skin tones. ( I have translucent honey ) It's really nice. I will definately be repurchasing . (: I'm a happy customer.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/21/2012 4:06:00 PM More reviews by demureninja

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to love this powder after reading the great reviews. And, it comes in a slim package and is pretty cheap. Unfortunately, my skin did not like this product. First off, getting the right color was tricky--I got translucent medium and it's a weird pink/orange hue that highlighted red areas on my face instead of toning them down. The chalky consistency didn't blend well and highlighted the peach fuzz on my face, and collected around dry patches on my skin. The final straw was the smell--really strong and medicinal (think menthol or tea tree oil) which I didn't like, made me sneeze, and may have contributed to the rash-like breakouts I got after using this product. Back to the store it goes. Bummer!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2012 11:27:00 AM More reviews by Makeuplovurxo

I love this powder!!! This is the only powder that looks so natural on me. I have extremely dry skin so when I add powder to my face it cakes and looks like a mess! This is the only powder that doesn't cake and looks natural. It really smooths my skin and hides my pores. It definitely makes my makeup last long. I will be repurchasing. :)