October 20, 2014 | 1939 users online

Styling Products - Garnier - Curl and Shine Leave-In Conditioning Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2011 4:42:00 PM More reviews by Lovemily

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Surprisingly good! This is now my HG product for my long, curly frizzy hair :) I've tried other Garnier products and haven't been that impressed, but this was on sale on Target so I decided why not try it. I'm sooo glad that I can replace Phytodefrissant since it is mega $$$. Highly reommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2010 10:24:00 AM More reviews by jana3004

BEST hair product I've EVER used. And I've used a lot-- I'm a bit obsessed with styling products. My hair is naturally wavy but tends to get frizzy. I used to always straighten it and everyone used to tell me how curly would look better on me but I didn't listen because my hair would get puffy and huge OR a big mess of sticky immobile curls with mousse and gel. Enter Garnier Curl and Shine Leave-in Conditioner! I wash my hair at night, apply a coin-size amount of this all over my hair (I comb it through it) and go to sleep. TADAA! In the morning, I have dry, beautifully-defined curls that smell amazing and have a gorgeous shine. I still use the straightener to tame and curl one or two odd streaks and my bangs but it takes me like 4 minutes to do that!

Yep. This definitely changed my life!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2010 1:11:00 AM More reviews by vmaria

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I have the leave-in treatment? But I guess this review page will do. It's cheap, moisturizes very well, softens hair, and adds definition to my thick waves. I'd like it solely for the price (I'm very frugal.) It measures up well against the more expensive competition. I can't manage without this, tbh.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2010 11:57:00 AM More reviews by Quincy702

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought the product because I needed a leave in conditioner that would moisturize my newly natural african american hair. I noticed a deep moisturizing effect as well as my hair felt soft, easier to comb and smelled nice. It's dirt cheap (3.99 at CVS!) and worked a lot better than Organix. The reason why I give it a 4 instead of a 5 is because it doesn't do anything to help define my curls.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2010 3:43:00 AM More reviews by EstherR

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this product according to the high reviews I have read here. It took me time to get used to this product and like it.
Curls - Yes, it does make the hair curly. I have natural curls and it emphasizes them and makes them really beautiful.
Texture - The texture is thick, and I donít like it. It is sticky so when I want to apply for the second time, my hands are slipping from the bottle and that takes me to the next cone: the design.
Design Ė due to the stickiness of the product it is better if it was with a pump and not squeeze.
I donít think I will buy it again. Even though the curls are looking lovely, I donít like to use it because of the cones I mentioned above, so I will look for something that answers for all my desires..

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2008 3:34:00 PM More reviews by meow730

I bought this based on the reviews to help define and moisturize my curls. My hair does seem to be softer when i use it. However, I don't notice any improvement with my curls.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2008 4:22:00 PM More reviews by boomygrrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Edit 1/14/09: I changed rating from 4 to 3. It is definitely not as good as the sleek and shine leave-in. I attribute it to the glycerin in it. Since it's humid a lot where I'm at, glycerin just doesn't do so well for me. My hair got real frizzy from it. It seems to work well when the weather outside is "just perfect." I don't have time to figure out what the dewpoint/humidity and all that is, so I don't bother with this leave-in anymore. It's discontinued, so of course, it doesn't matter. I changed to "no" in not buying it again. Not only because it's discontinued (and I can't) but if by some chance this product ever makes a come-back, I will bypass it for the sleek and shine version instead.

Original comment:
This leave-in is above average. I like it, but it's discontinued. I managed to get my hands on one and try it out. It moisturizes my hair and even doubles as a mild curl cream. My hair looked good after using this, but it only helped a little with my frizz. This should be used when it's not humid outside, as the glycerin in it is contributing to possible frizz problems. There is the "sleek and shine" leave-in that has not been discontinued. It has the same ingredients as this leave-in but minus the glycerin. I plan on trying that one and reviewing that one in the near future.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2008 1:58:00 PM More reviews by bk7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this on sale for $2 and am amazed by how much I continue to like it. I have curly/wavy 3A hair--this conditioning creme gives me chunky, bouncy ringlets. I like to put it on really wet hair, scrunch, wrap, and go. I've spent WAY more on products that don't work nearly as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2007 1:00:00 PM More reviews by sunshine824

Garnier's Curl & Shine Creme is one of their better products. It's actually moisturizing, leaves a good amount of shine, doesn't weigh hair down, and leaves it soft and smelling lovely and fruity.

I've used the Sleek & Shine which left my hair dry and crunchy and their Length & Strength Leave-In which adds a nice weight to my fine hair but leaves it dull and tangly.

I've been using this in combination with Dep Texturizing Gel to get more defined waves in my combination 1/2b fine hair and it does so while eliminating frizz and giving me shine and hold all day.

5 Lippies & I will repurchase(unless I find something I like even better).

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2007 8:46:00 PM More reviews by Lex29

I really like this product. It moisturizes my hair and controls the curls. However, i do not like paying $6.49 per bottle. and whenever i use it, my hair takes FOREVER to dry!