December 20, 2014 | 1491 users online

Lips - Maybelline - Superstay Golden Shimmer Balm refill

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2009 1:29:00 PM More reviews by Marla20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I haven't bought this gold shimmer one - but the balms for superstay in general are EXACTLY like the formula for Soft Lips lip balm. Same feel, consistency, and glide. Meh. These ones happen to stick into the ends of the superstay lipcolor so I'll buy 'em.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2009 11:13:00 PM More reviews by glasseyedpeas

this balm is ok
but it wasn't worth the money I paid for it..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2007 9:52:00 AM More reviews by Teacakeanyone

I love this stuff. I recently rediscovered my Maybelline Superstay lipcolors (in Rose - an amazingly gorgeous YLBB color) and tried on my Golden balm again. Wow. They really knew what they were doing in regards to the lip colors + the balm's color effect. I looked gorgeous! I recall I originally bought this near the holidays, but I've since seen this product just hanging out in Ulta. So I think demand was great enough they offer it all the time maybe? But if you see this, and you're a fan of the Superstays, pick this baby up!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2007 11:12:00 PM More reviews by ANGELAMORGAN

love it! I wear it alone (feels so nice) and over lipsticks. I have tried all "long-lasting" lipsticks, time and time again but they always make your lips dry, wrinkly, and/or cakey, but this is a product that should be marketed alone, not a LE sidekick for a crappy tube of color glue!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2007 9:03:00 AM More reviews by lipglossjunkee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I believe this was LE, which makes me sad because its a wonderful item. As the reviewer below stated, its meant to go over the SuperStay lipsticks as the moisturizing topcoat, but I just purchased it to wear alone. It's basically a clearish balm with golden micro shimmer. The smell is sort of fruity-vanilla, but no taste that I can really discern. The packaging is very basic, which is fine, and there is quite a bit of balm in the tube. I just recently used this as a topcoat on my L'Oreal Infallible lip duo and I really like how the golden shimmer complimented the mauvey shade of that (I alternated between the L'Oreal topcoat and this one, and they were comparable & both did their job equally well). I would repurchase if i could find more of this golden balm, its lovely!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2006 10:32:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

This is the refill that goes with the Superstay longwearing lipstick. I did not get the lipstick as I hate that type of lippie--too drying. But this balm (and it really does have a smooth and balmy texture) is pretty nice. It is a sheer champagne, essentially clear on my pigmented lips, with lots of tiny gold microshimmers. The shimmer is fine enough that it makes your lips look sorta wet and pouty. It tends to migrate a bit, which is why I knocked off a lippie, but this is useful for adding a bit of gleam to a matte color. No weird taste or scent either and comes in a slim, compact tube.