October 2, 2014 | 986 users online

Mascara - The Body Shop - Super Volume Mascara

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2014 8:47:00 PM More reviews by Danielleox

This product for me was a let down. I did not like the packaging of this product, I think they could have designed it much better. The smell of this mascara also stood out to me when I first tried it, it's disgusting and put me off. I could smell it even when it was applied to my lashes and it had dried. It took a while for it to dry and I ended up with mascara under my eyebrows whilst waiting for it to dry. I didn't find this mascara to be very volumising. I threw this mascara in the rubbish, as I did not enjoy it all. I would not waste your money on this mascara

rated 2 of 5 on 12/5/2013 7:01:00 AM More reviews by xdimpsx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

It's a very wet mascara, takes its time drying, and you need to blink don't you? So, inevitably, you end up with a bit of the product on your face/eye lid. I'm a fan of the q-tip get the excess off so it doesn't panderize you, but somehow, this still manages to leave a small amount of smudgyness under my eye. And it doesn't really add that much to my lashes.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2013 11:46:00 PM More reviews by RLJBeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My lashes are actually pretty long, so I was content with purchasing this mascara and knowing that it'd be strictly for volume. However, after trying this out, I must say that I don't think it will find its way into my makeup bag again.

Firstly, the formula is terribly wet. Not that I'd like a dry formula (you can hear those scraping against your eyelashes when applying), but I'd also not like to have to wait 9 minutes after applying 2 coats. This depends on your preference as a person, but I didn't enjoy the extra drying time.

Second, the formula's also quite smudgy. It seemed to be prone to sticking everywhere over the eyelid and under-eye area, and it took 3-4 Q-Tips to remove all of the jet-black streaks. I can't imagine using this mascara in the case of a more formal occasion (where eyeshadow, liner and mascara might be used- I use liner and mascara only for everyday), as applying this after shadow and liner would ruin all of your previous work.

Third, I disliked the brush shape immensely. I've never seen anything quite like it, but it allowed for uneven and clumpy application that left me looking like I'd dipped my made-up face in water. The brush itself has a pattern of long bristles and short bristles, which was very inconvenient for my lashes.

Did the formula do what it said? Somewhat. My lashes DID have some volume, but the clumpiness, streakiness, brush shape and drying time made for an unhappy woman with mediocre lashes and $15 less in her pocket.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2013 2:07:00 PM More reviews by Jessica24601

As per most of the reviews, I totally agree with the great day time mascara. I have very long lashes, however they are thin, so volume is extremely important to me and I apply my mascara in a back and forth motion (rather than root to tip up and down) as I need to fill in the gaps. Lets just say it took 2 lengthy coats to get the "volumizing" effect, so I cheated actually and did the 3rd with a little bit of my Rimmel Scandal Eyes Curve Alert. Body Shop is wonderful as they are earthy products and I find all of their mascaras def day time friendly. I will re purchase becuase I love the smell, brush and packaging.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/19/2013 7:37:00 AM More reviews by MaryMarvel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It irritates my eyes. I had to throw my tube away, because I can't use it. :/

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2012 10:54:00 AM More reviews by Emmiloves

I bought this on a whim. My beloved Max Factor False Lash Effect is on its last legs and I cannot get that brand where I currently live. I wasn't expecting great things but this is a really good mascara. It does what it says on the tin. Tons of volume, very black, but make your lashes stand out. Can look naturalish, but you can build it up for nightime. Only 2 problems: this takes longer to dry than other mascaras. Second of all, it clumps a tiny bit. Not the best mascara, but definitely not the worst. Worth a try.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2012 7:53:00 AM More reviews by rydellpink

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I was disappointing in this mascara. It takes forever to dry, and too much product comes out on the brush. I actually have to wipe it off on a paper towel before I use it to get decent results. Also, I didn't see very much volume added to my eyelashes. I will not buy this again, however, I will attempt to use up the rest of the tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2012 1:34:00 PM More reviews by aubloomiel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is actually my HG Mascara (I've got it in black). I have tried loads of others and have got a few others at the moment but I always come back to this, no matter if I use it day or night, work or play. It just does exactly what I want a mascara to do.
Pros: great consistency (not too wet), great shape brush (takes up the right amount of product and I only need to stick the brush in to the tube ONCE for my ideal coverage - so I can do several layers with just that one brush), goes on a treat (no spider lashes, no clumps, no smuding), dries very quickly and stays on all day/night, natural look (no false lash look just nice full, separated lashes with a flirty curl)
Cons: none
I need to buy a backup of this, I am so afraid I will run out before my wedding & honeymoon. I might get this other available colours as well.
This is love!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2012 5:18:00 AM More reviews by svetlana89

Bought this out of desperation because I had lost my mascara and this is the only one offered in an airport. Considering its supposed to be a volumizing mascara, this didn't do anything except give me wet spidery lashes. Doesn't dry very well, and it smells horrible! I could smell my lashes throughout the day! For $15 its much as a MAC mascara. Thank goodness for their amazing return policy!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/10/2011 8:04:00 PM More reviews by sthom87

Won't buy this again. Sure it's reasonably priced, but it doesn't dry for some reason. So it ends up being very smudgy.