Max Factor False Lash Effect

4.1

Aqua, Acrylates Copolymer, Glyceryl Stearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Cera Carnauba, Triethanolamine, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Synthetic Wax, Lecithin, Propylene Carbonate, Polyethylene, Oleic Acid, Alcohol Denat., Benzyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Tetrasodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Simethicone, Potassium Sorbate, Tocopheryl Acetate, EDTA, [ /- CI 77007, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499]

on 6/30/2015 5:24:00 AM

I can't believe I actually bought two of these (brown & black) at once. It's one of the worst mascara's I ever owned. Why?

CONS
- There is absolutely NO way to apply this without getting the mascara all over your lid and having to spend extra time cleaning up all the mess
- Plastic brush is very rough, it scratches my waterline and eyelids
- As a result of points 1 & 2, I don't start at the base of my lashes, which means they also don't look any fuller at all, let alone look like false lashes.
- Brush does an awful job at separating the lashes, so I always have to comb through my lashes with a separate brush
- It flakes very badly and doesn't last. After a few hours, I already have to wipe away the first tiny flakes of mascara around my eyes.

PROS
- Available in brown, not many brands still offer brown mascara...
- When I go through the hassle of applying two to three layers of mascara, after each layer combing through my lashes with separate wand and cleaning up all the mascara from my eyelids, my lashes do end up looking longer and curlier for a daily look. But don't expect volume or the promised "false lash effect".

I personally don't have too much trouble to remove this mascara (as many people mentioned), but with all the cons mentioned above, I truly regret buying not one but even two of these mascara's.

on 6/20/2015 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

The formula is OK and once you do manage to apply it successfully, it looks fine. But applying it is a challenge! Firstly, the chunky tube (thus also the wand) is difficult to hold - perhaps my hands are too small or I'm just really used to thinner wands... And then the brush is awful! It kind of looks promising and that's why I bought it but I always end up getting the mascara all over my lids and also underneath the lower lash line. So it takes me AGES to apply as I need to do a lot of "clean-up"! The lashes also clump a bit so I have to use another brush to separate them... Unlike many other reviewers, I don't think it's particularly difficult to remove. Overall, I will try to use it up but I definitely won't buy it again.

on 6/4/2015 10:31:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I always have a love-hate relationship with mascara. I heard all MUAs and girl friends saying how mascara is something you can't go out without, but I always find having mascara on, no matter how goo the product is, kinda makes my eyes heavy. I dislike the feel :(. So I wear mascara only for special occassion, and I choose to use this product because it works nice on my eye lashes. It won't clump and easy to use. It keeps my curled eyelash last long. I have tried a famous luxury brand for its mascara and I have to say Max Factor False Lash Effect does just as good. The only reason why I took one lippie off is because the uncomfortable feeling of wearing mascara just like wearing any other mascara out there, even though it feels better than Maybelline mascaras that are too heavy on the lid. So it's very personal but I recommend this product for anyone who needs a decent but cheap mascara. Must try!

on 6/4/2015 6:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Maybe this works better in black, I got the brown shade and it's barely noticeable that I'm wearing mascara. This does nothing for me, apart from maybe adding a bit of length (I was after more of a thickening effect) so I won't be repurchasing.

on 5/20/2015 7:03:00 AM

the pros is that it does make your eyelashes look some what okay, i like the more thick look so i do have to take time and add more coats
the cons are its really messy and wet, whenever i apply it i have to apply it first before eyeshadow and eyeliner which i dont really like because it goes all over my eyelid, its also impossible to remove! even with alot of makeup removers and warm water, i dont really like it and it is way to expensive and its not even that good, kind of wish i didnt buy it
sorry not sorry

on 4/14/2015 10:26:00 AM

Pros +

Looks natural
Doesn't clump
Doesn't smear off
Separates lashes well

Cons -

A bit hard to remove, even with Simple makeup-wipes + warm water

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This right here is my HG mascara.
Over the years I've purchased new ones claiming that they'll end my eyelash woes but I've always returned to Max Factors false lash effect mascara.
It plumps lashes, lengthens and extends them beautifully

I buy the original, non waterproof version which I find works the best for me. I've tried some of their other versions like the Fusion, 24hr and waterproof one but I'm always comparing them to the original and they're just never as good. Why fix what isn't broken.
I find the waterproof version clumps quite a lot and dries out so quickly.
Instead I use this along with Clarins mascara fix which not only waterproofs my lashes but conditions them as well.

The brush is nice and thick so it picks up quite a bit of product which can result in a bit of smudging and transferring later in the day if like me you have quite an oily eye area, so it's always good to wipe off any excess product when applying. But saying that, If you use it in conjunction with the Lash fix then this won't be an issue...at all.

In my opinion it's one of the best mascara on the market and I've tried and tested A LOT!

on 3/23/2015 12:09:00 AM

This has to be my favourite affordable mascara. Lengthens and adds heaps of volume but still looks super natural unless you want that dramatic look then you just have to add a few more coats. It doesn't clump and lasts all day long on me. Isn't difficult to get it off either. Will keep coming back to this!

on 3/22/2015 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Love this mascara. The brush separates my lashes well and the mascara volumises and lengthens my lashes instantly. I think I need to try the waterproof version of this as my eyes water in the winter and the mascara runs. Other than that, love it!

on 2/17/2015 10:16:00 PM

I've been using it for years. Best mascara ever. It definitely has a false lash effect.

Popular Mascaras