Estee Lauder TURBOLASH-All Effects Motion Mascara

4.1

I first used this a few years back and it was easily my favorite mascara at that time- I didn't have to use an eyelash curler and found that if I held the vibrating brush for a few seconds at the roots, middle, and tips I would get a very natural curl. However I recently purchased this again and found that it doesn't work for me at all now! Did the formula change or something? Now when I use this, it clumps and doesn't even hold a curl even if I use a curler before this. Also it smudges around my under eyes (but I live in a humid climate and have oily lids). I applied this on my left eye and tried a Japanese drugstore brand (heroine make) and asked my boyfriend if he could tell the difference. He and I agreed the drugstore one looked way better as the turbo lash one seemed to weigh my lashes down? You know it's a big deal when your boyfriend can actually tell a difference. Hahaha. Well all in all, I would suggest you try this out at a estee counter before committing as it's pretty pricy for a mascara. If it works for you, great! Unfortunately, it didn't for me.

on 7/15/2014 6:01:00 AM

This is one of the best mascaras I've had. The 'turbo affect' seperates the lashes and extends them giving them an overall natural look. I much prefer this to the 'clumped lash' effect. Ii would consider buying this product again but I might want to try something new (although I think estee lauder are the only brand that have a powered mascara...) To be honest, I'd much rather buy this one once a year than buy 3 cheap maracas ending up at the same or higher price.
If you're looking for quality and long natural lashes then I would certinaly reccomend.

on 12/13/2013 2:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is such a wonderful mascara I would say..
Thumbs up for its volume,curling effect and length ;)

on 8/2/2013 4:56:00 AM

Best Mascara I have ever used!!!
I have short blond eyelashes so I need some serious lengthening & not so much volume. I have tried most cheaper mascaras (I'm 45) & none compare to TurboLash. The vibration of the applicating wand puts the color and length on my lashes amazingly fast & evenly. If you're in a hurry & don't have much time to apply makeup, this is for you.
I became disabled in 2010, am housebound & rarely wear makeup anymore. I had an event to attend two weeks ago & my TurboLash had dried up (expectedly) but the battery that allows the vibration still worked - impressive!!
Depending on how much you rely on good mascara, quality mascara that actually delivers what it promises, this is well worth the price. For me, it is a bit of a splurge but I'm just fine with that!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this mascara so much! It is my favorite mascara. It really extends your lashes and defines them. BEST MASCARA I HAVE EVER USED :)

on 1/18/2012 4:05:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I wasn't really expecting much when this product came out but now that I have tried it I must say that I am well impressed!
It makes your eyelashes super long and adds a lot of volume! I tried Estee Lauder's sumptuous extreme mascara before this one and it smudged quite a lot and gave me the 'raccoon eyes' whereas the turbo lash didn't and it didn't clump my lashes either. The only downside is that it is very expensive but just for the quality of this product I would be ready to pay a lot.

I was not impressed with this product at all. I just think it was a lot of hype for a product that really isn't that wonderful. I found it clumped quite a lot. I will be sticking to my regular brand, very disappointed!

on 5/1/2011 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I brought this in an Airport Duty Free shop, it was half the price of what it would have been here in Australia.
I loved it dearly while it lasted, which was 3 days. I'm not sure what happened to my Turbolash, but after the 3 days, the vibration wasn't as strong as it used to be, and it was only 3 days old. My turbolash still works fine, but it just not the same after 3 days, therefore one lippie removed, maybe my one was just unlucky and it was faulty.
Despite saying that, I love this mascara to death.
Provides some really dramatic results, no clumping or flaking, no smudging, and curls beautifully.
It's been 4 years since I've brought any high end mascara, only because previous experience with high end brand mascara has resulted in horrific lashes, but lately I've purchased Estee Lauder and YSL mascara and all have been fantastic, with a slight problem with Turbolash.

on 12/30/2010 2:09:00 AM

This mascara covers root to tip- something a lot of mascaras can't do! I always get compliments on my lashes when I wear it, which was a surprise because normally I don't. Its about 60 aud which is a bit pricey, but you can get it at the airport for much cheaper:)
I'm a mascara junkie and this is one of my favourites.

on 10/6/2010 8:18:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I have tried A LOT of mascaras throughout the years, and this one is probably the one which has the least faults, thus, the one I like the most. It covers my lashes from base to tips in solid black, without missing a spot, which is wonderful considering that I have very fair skin and hair and my lashes are ashy blonde. Unlike many other mascaras, my lashes are not tangled after I'm done applying. Instead, they are long, thick, defined and curved. To emphasize the latter, I use a curler on special occasions, when I really want my eyes to have that Bambi look. This is NOT a subtle, too natural look, but I still use this mascara every day.
It is easy to apply, and I have noticed that getting ready in the mornings takes less time, since using this mascara doesn't take as long as with non-battery operated ones. Two layers on the top, one on the bottom, and I'm good to go, eye-wise.
Throughout the day my lashes remain looking gorgeous. No smudges or racoon eye-causing flakes. In the summer months, there can be very slight smudging on the top of my eyelids, when these are more damp because of the heat. However, that is easily remedied.
The only drawback I see with the TurboLash is that the price is slightly steeper than your average high brand mascara. Nonetheless, I am currently on my third or fourth tube, and unless I find a cheap mascara which gives me the same effects, I'm sticking to TurboLash.