September 20, 2014 | 1175 users online

Styling Products - Dove - Intense Frizz Control Anti-Frizz Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2009 6:00:00 PM More reviews by XomakeupjunkyXo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Very smooting. really hides damage

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2008 11:54:00 AM More reviews by Draper

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Me: dry, colored hair, tends towards waviness/coarseness. Pros: Soft feeling without that "sticky" goo that some silicone/frizz products tend to leave. (This does appear to contain silicone, however.) Good mild scent, easy to find. (I like Dove in general.). Very, very, very inexpensive-- I paid around $4 at full price (grocery store). Applicator bottle is also excellent- one pump helps you avoid over applying, "deadly" with a frizz cream. Does not irritate my scalp, which is prone to itchiness (no dandruff, though). Softens my hair when I do not wish to get it cut. Cons: Not "intense" in my opinion-- I'm not looking for major smoothing and prefer products with oils (i.e. Carol's Daughter) for this. Also characteristically Dove-ish-- if you aren't generally a fan, this won't be for you. Buy again: Yes. Not a HG (I think Phyto may be that for my hair), but so cheap I can't always justify the high Phyto price tag.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2008 5:08:00 PM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

I have very coarse frizzy, curly hair, actually it's more coarse on one side than the other (it's complicated). Anyway I use this everyday, with the Dove therapy shampoo and conditioner and my hair is really soft and although not completely frizz-free it's definitely a lot smoother. I can wear it in a ponytail and not have any frizzy bits sticking out. I am using more of the product than most of the other reviewers, I use around 5-6 pumps for my thick, layered, middle of my back length hair. The price is great and I like the pump bottle a lot. i will definitely continue to repurchase.

Update: this product now appears to be discontinued (out of stores and off the dove website) the new frizz taming cream in the purple bottle does not have the same ingredients. I hope it works as well as this product. They always discontinue products that work for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2007 10:21:00 PM More reviews by Amoravy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is an excellent product! I think it depends on how much your hair is actually frizzy. It says EXTREME frizz but I think it is moderate, which is what my hair needs. Its thick, long, and gets a little frizzy, but this stuff makes my hair shiny, VERY soft, and more of a put together, polished look without weighing it down. It does not even feel like anything is in your hair.

I use to use John Frieda's Frizz Ease serum, but this replaced it. My hair smells great and feels wonderful for half the price. It is like a leave- in conditioner. If you have very unmanageable hair, besides making it soft, this product is probably too light.

Tip: I put about 3 pumps in my past shoulder length hair when it is wet after a shower, and then blow dry. I don't even need to use a straightner after!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2007 3:30:00 PM More reviews by Cymbaline

I use to have frizzy hair, just nothing really would work on it. I tried this product and it felt soft most of the time but alas... just didn't work for me.

The product is cheap enough to give it a try. Some here says it works for them. Unfortunately my hair has more expensive taste and these days the shampoo and conditioner I use does a fantastic job and my hair hasn't looked better.

I give it two lippies: The product is priced cheaply so it's worth a try, it makes my hair softer but doesn't do what it's suppose to which is to control frizz.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2007 12:26:00 PM More reviews by jennylynn

Hmmmm. Went through a whole bottle of this stuff before I felt like I could give it a thorough review. I have dry, color-treated, frizz-prone curly hair. (Could it get any worse?!) I'd hoped to find a moisturizing, smoothing cream that would calm the frizz; but I got instead more of a softening, calming cream that left my hair still frizzy, but soft-frizzy. In other words, it took out the crunch and the parched feeling, but left the frizz and pouf. My hair felt much healthier when I used this before my usual mousse/gel and Frieda's Brilliant Brunette Shine Shock finisher, but did little but soften on its own. That said, I have yet to find ANYTHING that can take care of my crazy hair on its own. Final Word: softens, but doesn't smooth; calms, but doesn't cure. A nice tag-along product, but no miracle worker on its own.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/20/2006 3:44:00 PM More reviews by ham1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My hair is frizzy, dry, and wavy. I used this and it was lightweight which I was looking for to loosely hold my waves and control frizz. It did not control frizz but it did make my hair feel silky and shiny. I really wanted the frizz controlled as well so since this is lightweight I think I should have chose a product that was heavier.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2006 10:45:00 AM More reviews by Cammy1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this product hoping it would be a dirt cheap curl cream, but it doesn't hold the curl well and gives poor control to my 3b/c curly hair. However, I think it might be the best straightening product that I've ever tried. My hair is VERY curly, and I can run my fingers through it long after it has dried. I would give it 2 stars as a curl cream, but this is a 5 star straightening product. I would buy it again if I wanted to blowdry my hair, but since I don't, I'll have to move on. I can't reccomend this highly enough for those looking to straighten their curls.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2006 1:04:00 AM More reviews by bunnyluvrchan

My God this stuff is amazing. The ONLY thing that does anything to my hair without the added use of a flat iron. My poofy, wavy, thick hair doesn't respond to Biosilk or frizz-ease or John Masters $20 pomades. This stuff, however, manages to weigh it down without making it greasy-looking or crunchy. I can put in as much as I want and my hair still looks great! Plus it's really cheap!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2006 9:20:00 PM More reviews by crazydiamond360

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this stuff...itís like a lotion for your hair that doesnít weigh it down. I have long, fine yet corse type 2a-2b wavy hair of medium thickness and tons of body and lots of damage due to bleaching over time. Because of the damage, my hair has a tendency to feel brittle and staw-like without a leave-in conditioning product. Doveís intense anti-frizz cream really makes my hair feel so soft without feeling like I have product in it. Helps with frizz but it wonít take care of all of it. It also helps to define my waves without leaving them crunchy, greasy looking or weighing them down. This is a ďyour hair but betterĒ product, capable for use on wet or dry hair. I like to take this with me on a long day and add a few pumps...it keeps my hair in check and the heavenly scent is a pick-me-up. Paraben and (I think) also silicone free. Iím so happy Dove included a closeable pump on this, makes throwing it in your bag a breeze.

I normally use about 3 pumps almost everyday on my wet hair and work it in with my hands then comb though. If Iím touching up throughout the day, Iíll use one pump and work it in well with my hands. Seems to act as a leave-in conditioner actually.

Around $4 and worth every penny. Will most certainly repurchase.

EDIT: i was wrong, this does contain silicones.