John Frieda Frizz-Ease Straight Fixation Smoothing Creme

I bought this after reading a magazine ad for John Frieda products (plus, since I'm a new mom I'm on a tighter-than-before budget). Despite several promising ingredients (coconut oil, shea butter and gardenia), this product left my hair drier and frizzier than before. Plus, when I ran my fingers through my hair (one of my true tests), my fingers didn't glide and my hair felt like straw :( However, I did like the scent and feel. I would recommend this for finer hair types that are not too dry and not color-treated.

on 7/17/2014 8:04:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I liked this stuff when I blow-dried my hair, but I gave that up. Now I just put it in my wet hair to smooth it while it air dries. It tames the frizz in my naturally curly hair, but I probably won't buy it again.

I would recommend this to girls who blow-dry their hair.

on 10/21/2013 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This creme is one of the BEST cremes I have ever tried. It's very cheap too! I used to use one by matrix but on a whim decided to give this a go. I do have to stress, though... IF YOU HAVE FINE HAIR, PUT THE TINIEST AMOUNT POSSIBLE AND SPREAD AS MUCH AS YOU CAN. Your hair will look like a greasy mess if you put too much. I can't stress this enough. But, it's all about trial and error anyway.
My hair is very fine.. over the last year I went from blond to brunette, so of course it's important that it's shiny and looks healthy. This product delivers that when used correctly... SMOOTH hair that is full of shine with zero frizzies. I don't really feel that it protects from humidity as well as my former creme from Matrix did, but the overall result is well worth the price. It's very simple to distribute and apply as well.

Just remember, a little goes a LOOOONG way. I also keep it away from my roots and only apply it from my ears down.

on 10/11/2013 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Woah. Ive only used it one time but holy hell, this stuff really WORKS. I applied to wet hair and used a blow dryer, and it dried completely smooth. Not a STRAND of hair sticking up, and i have curly hair, so i know frizz. Doesn't weigh hair down at all. Thats all that needs to be said really. Cheers! <3

on 7/18/2013 11:15:00 PM

I've only used this product once but man, oh man does it work! I used the tiniest amount on my hair just out of the shower. It made my hair so smooth and soft when I blow dried it. I took it to the next level and ran a flat iron over the top layers of my hair and wow it looked even better! It eliminated any bit of frizz and flyaways and lasts all day long, even in this hot Texas weather! I totally recommend this!

on 6/14/2013 4:32:00 PM

I used this a long time ago. My hair is straight on top and in the mid length area with a very slight wave to it, and then some beautiful waves start forming in the rest of the length and ends. I misunderstood what this product did, so I thought this would actually straighten my hair with just applying on damp hair. Wrong, I applied lots of it and my hair was left with the same waves and very greasy. Then I started using just a little bit on my damp hair and everything was fine, but nothing special TBH. It does smell really nice and it has a nice texture.

The one that loved it the most was my mother, she used it for her ponytails and her hair came out soft.

on 4/10/2013 10:07:00 PM

It doesn't really work, it erase the frizz a little bit but doesn't really straighten.

on 3/5/2013 1:15:00 PM

I loved this stuff this worked wonders o. My hair it was soft straight and smelled really good defenty but again

on 2/4/2013 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

It really does what it says: long-lasting, silky straight hair. When I blow-dry and straighten with this stuff, it makes my hair like a magazine ad. Smooth and shiny. Only downside is it takes a long time for me to do that with so much hair, and I have to be careful not to put on too much or it doesn't work.

on 12/11/2012 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Normally, my hair is already pretty straightish looking with just a little bit of wave to it. But lately, it's been drying with these odd looking mixture of wavy and straight hair bits, with one big ugly wave on one side of my head, any time I air dry my hair ever since I had a short layers cut into my style. This creme helps it all lay straighter like it used to, and also helps get rid of the frizz and any poofyness. Since I have very fine hair, I don't use more than a penny sized amount. I find it works much better for me when I use it on really wet hair just after I got out of the shower and patted it with a towel, rather than doing it when it's damp. I then comb it through, keeping away from the roots. I actually put it near the root where the one big ugly wave is, just making sure it doesn't actually touch the scalp/go on the root, and so far so good, no greasies.
edit* After using this for a little while, I remembered why I tend to avoid products that contain dimethicone as a top 3 or so ingredient. I just don't like the texture it gives my hair, and I worry about buildup, although technically it does its job. So I will be abandoning this, but technically it did work.

Popular Styling Products