Badger Lavender and Orange Lip Balm

Not tested on animals

on 11/26/2014 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Everyone's talking about organic, so tell me the definition of "organic".
It simply means the molecular structure has a hydrocarbon chair as a backbone, eg. C-H-C-H
it could be poison and still be organic.

Back to this product, I have been using this & Chick Poop lip balm and was wondering why my lips are still dry & flaky. Today, it struck me as both products are so fragrant, mostly lavender phenol, those so called essential oils are not oil at all, they are phenols; soluble in water & oil.
It may be pleasant to use & just as nice to smell, but on the thin/dry skin on the lips, forget it, I rather use one that has no added fragrant (irritant).

on 10/7/2012 7:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I love that this is a certified organic product, and that it's made from natural ingredients, makes me feel good about using it. The lavender and orange scent is uplifting too, and I always feel a bit happier after putting it on. The formulation also works for me - it doesn't dry out or flake my lips after it wears off, like some other cheap lip balms I've used. The feel on my lips is comfortable, not too waxy and it doesn't have an oily sheen. The packaging is cute, with the iconic Badger and his magic rainbow wand on a plastic twist tube. An affordable, good quality product. I will repurchase.

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Fabulous product - I buy these lipbalms in multipacks because they work out at much better value and I keep one in my handbag and one in my make-up case at home. Love the fact that they only contain natural, organic ingredients - all essential oils and things - just perfect. Have been using them for well over a year now and can't imagine not using them! :-)

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I actually have a tin of this right now (I think I've had this at least 2 times before too). I use it when I run out of my vanilla. I like it, but as I've said about the other ones, the vanilla is my fav:) If lavender & orange is your thing though, go for it!

on 11/5/2011 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This balm is another addition to the ever growning Badger collection I have. I'm under a lot of stress lately so I chose the lavender one to calm me down and help me concentrate. I wondered what lavender mixed with orange would smell like, but when I opened the packaging, I smelled nothing but lavender. It is mild and soothing, so I don't mind. The formula is similar to all the other balms from them and I find them to be all very good, so no complaints here. The packaging is as adorable as ever, however when I opened the lid for the first time, the plastic part of the container seemed a bit melted badly, but I don't mind since it doesn't destroy the balm or anything. I will repurchase this balm, as well as the other scents and the cocoa butter collection, Badger's balms are my HG balms!! :) I'm glad I saw them on MUA or else I'd never try them, but I've been hooked on them for half a year now! :)

on 2/25/2011 5:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product doesn't smell great, feels oily, and my normally not that dry lips are drier than before I started using this product 4 days ago. My lips feel chaffed and even hurt. I tried to like it. I wanted to like it. I'm going back to my Lush lip balms.

on 2/20/2010 1:01:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have this in the tin, and I'm kind of disappointed. It smells great, the texture is nice and smooth, the ingredients are all natural, there's no animal testing, so what's wrong here? I find it's a very drying product. I put it on and I feel like I have to go get some Carmex to put over top. I'm not sure how other people can find it so moisturizing. I'm going to find another use for this, maybe cuticles or my heels but honestly this isn't a great lip product. Too bad.

Love it! I have this in the pot form. I think I got it in a set I bought. I've used it on and off over a year now, and still have lots left. Seems like it lasts forever. LOVE Badger lip balms!

on 1/30/2009 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love nearly all of Badger's lipbalms but this is my hands down favorite. I love the smell. Its so unassuming and herbal. I also find it comforting (maybe that's weird?)
I have the pot rather than the stick.
It's super cheap and lasts forever.
There are just a handful of ingrediens.

I love this stuff.

on 1/30/2009 2:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

It's an okay lip balm, very soft and easy to apply. I tried to like it, but it's not moisturizing for my dry lips, and my lips feel tight and dry 2 hours after applying it. Also, the lavender scent is overwhelming, and where is the orange scent that's in the name?
I would continue my search for a good lip balm.

Popular Lip Treatments