April 19, 2014 | 1611 users online

Polishes - Chanel - Black Satin

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2014 12:54:00 PM More reviews by Cheungc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

After sitting in its box and gathering dust unused for 3 years, I don't know what took me so long to get round to it! I have gone through my Blue Satin during this time, but am going through a phase of going definitively-black (instead of "almost-black-with-an-edge").

As other reviewers have also noted, I haven't found Chanel to be the longest-wearing formula, but their colours (especially on the classics) are truly mesmerising and their bottles are too collectible!

I don't mind the skinny brush as it helps with more precise application, but I was slightly concerned that the creamy formula seemed tackier than the Blue Satin and that it wouldn't dry properly to a hard finish. Surprisingly, I have gotten longer wear time out of this than the Blue Satin: I had a day's worth of glossy finish before topping it up with its 3rd coat and adding my trusty Sally Hansen Mega Shine top coat.

After 2 coats, the colour is even, although under fluorescent light there's a base blue tinge which is visible. In daylight, it is definitely opaque black and after a 3rd coat, it is absolutely black.

I've used the Revlon Blackest Black before and have thrown it out after a few uses. The Chanel is a far superior formula and colour. Am still admiring my nails after day 3 and this one's for sure a replenishment purchase along with my Blue Satin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2011 8:07:00 PM More reviews by abbeylicious

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a great polish that looks good with everything. I love that it looks super dark and you only have to use 1 coat. It is worth the $25 i paid. I have to keep buying this shade..i love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2010 5:07:00 AM More reviews by mimilerio

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't know what was going through my mind when I bought this. It is a true black and one coat gives me opaque coverage which I never experienced with my other nail polishes. I am however unhappy with the price, twenty-three dollars for a nailpolish is very steep. Although I can justify it with how little of the product I actually need to apply which is why I give it a 3 for price. However, I cannot deny how beautiful this polish is. I love wearing it. I wish I can wear it everyday! Although NARS's Pokerface polish is looking very good to me right now. Stay tuned!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2010 3:41:00 PM More reviews by valentina555

sometimes i forget how gorgeous and satisfying a rich black manicure can be. this black is rich and pigmented and applies well. the hidden shimmer pretty much disappears for me - my version is more flat black than the swatches here. still, it is rich, glossy like patent leather, and doesn't lean green. also i feel more glamorous knowing i'm wearing chanel on my fingers! this is a very useful, wearable mini indulgence

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2010 11:44:00 AM More reviews by Shabby413

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

One of the best black polishes available. Very chic and goes on smoothly. A favorite of mine. Love it. Highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2010 10:13:00 AM More reviews by chanelohlic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Black nail polish was something i didnt think i could get away with, because i have black hair,and almost always wear black. I certainly didnt want to look like a goth. But it is my favourate colour and it was Chanel so i had to buy it, the lady on the Chanel counter who happens to be a good friend assured me i could pull it off as i dress quite elegantley!!
The polish is a nice deep rich black, and with a top coat looks super shiney!
I think it looks better when my nails are short, as most darker polishes do! I love it for winter, but try to put some colour into my clothes when wearing,e.g a crisp white shirt!
There are soo many cheaper black polishes out there (lets face it, its not a hard colour to copy!) but for me Chanel is black, sexy and sophisticated so it has to be Black Satin!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2010 6:28:00 PM More reviews by princess_fiona

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I think this is the best of what's out on the market.

Have tried
- Essie Licorice - too runny, takes 3+ coats (don't try it!)
- Rimmel 60 seconds Black Out - very thick, requires 1 really thick coat, clunk brush takes longer than expected to dry and chips after a couple of days
- Barry M Black - nice, but needs a lot of layering.

You could easily get away with 1 coat of this, 2 makes it extra special. With a base coat and top coat I can easily wear this for 4-7 days with only minor touch ups.

It does take a long time to dry and it is expensive (I think I paid 18GBP), but one coat is amazing.
Would buy again! This is the only black polish I'll wear now, I'd rather stick with this than waste money finding a cheaper alternative.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2010 8:13:00 PM More reviews by MyBeehive

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I do love the packaging quality of Chanel nail polishes. Satin Black is a chic and pretty black, not too gothy and not understated either, just a pretty black satin shade that, I think, looks best on shorter nails. However, it doesn't wear well, and for the price, I'll keep looking for my fav black n/p.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2010 8:41:00 PM More reviews by Justicet2009

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this polish. It really vamps me out. The satin finish is so nice. I love this look for jeans or for dressing up. Its actually a classy look. Thumbs up

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2010 3:53:00 AM More reviews by Krissylyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought Chanel black satin polish a few years ago when it first came out, Vamp was my fave in the 90's so i thought this would be too. Have to say im not impressed, doesnt last, it chips sooooo easily, i applied it before going to bed and the next morning after my shower and makeup routine b/f work the polish was already chipped, i dont understand how it could be so chipped the way it was, i didnt do any manual physical work, just slept, shower and put on makeup.

Also it is a very matte polish, not glossy, very flat color, and i had little scratches on the polish. I actually like the Avon warm black polish waaaay better, i paid only $2.00 for that and it has better quality than the $25.00 Chanel polish! I wont purchase again, whats the point, it comes off the same day!