July 29, 2014 | 2013 users online

Polishes - Chanel - Black Satin

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2014 3:51:00 AM More reviews by blondbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Theirs nothing I love more then a rich black mani this one indeed is my favorite in natural sunlight it is pure black with slight navy blue and silver hues which go wonderfully insync with Each other its expensive being chanel but the lush packaging and color Is justified I haven't yet to seen a black like this its unique love it and as soon I'm finished will most definitely be on bottle number 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2014 12:54:00 PM More reviews by Cheungc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

After sitting in its box and gathering dust unused for 3 years, I don't know what took me so long to get round to it! I have gone through my Blue Satin during this time, but am going through a phase of going definitively-black (instead of "almost-black-with-an-edge").

As other reviewers have also noted, I haven't found Chanel to be the longest-wearing formula, but their colours (especially on the classics) are truly mesmerising and their bottles are too collectible!

I don't mind the skinny brush as it helps with more precise application, but I was slightly concerned that the creamy formula seemed tackier than the Blue Satin and that it wouldn't dry properly to a hard finish. Surprisingly, I have gotten longer wear time out of this than the Blue Satin: I had a day's worth of glossy finish before topping it up with its 3rd coat and adding my trusty Sally Hansen Mega Shine top coat.

After 2 coats, the colour is even, although under fluorescent light there's a base blue tinge which is visible. In daylight, it is definitely opaque black and after a 3rd coat, it is absolutely black.

I've used the Revlon Blackest Black before and have thrown it out after a few uses. The Chanel is a far superior formula and colour. Am still admiring my nails after day 3 and this one's for sure a replenishment purchase along with my Blue Satin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2011 8:07:00 PM More reviews by abbeylicious

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a great polish that looks good with everything. I love that it looks super dark and you only have to use 1 coat. It is worth the $25 i paid. I have to keep buying this shade..i love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2010 5:07:00 AM More reviews by mimilerio

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't know what was going through my mind when I bought this. It is a true black and one coat gives me opaque coverage which I never experienced with my other nail polishes. I am however unhappy with the price, twenty-three dollars for a nailpolish is very steep. Although I can justify it with how little of the product I actually need to apply which is why I give it a 3 for price. However, I cannot deny how beautiful this polish is. I love wearing it. I wish I can wear it everyday! Although NARS's Pokerface polish is looking very good to me right now. Stay tuned!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2010 3:41:00 PM More reviews by valentina555

sometimes i forget how gorgeous and satisfying a rich black manicure can be. this black is rich and pigmented and applies well. the hidden shimmer pretty much disappears for me - my version is more flat black than the swatches here. still, it is rich, glossy like patent leather, and doesn't lean green. also i feel more glamorous knowing i'm wearing chanel on my fingers! this is a very useful, wearable mini indulgence

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2010 11:44:00 AM More reviews by Shabby413

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

One of the best black polishes available. Very chic and goes on smoothly. A favorite of mine. Love it. Highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2010 10:13:00 AM More reviews by chanelohlic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Black nail polish was something i didnt think i could get away with, because i have black hair,and almost always wear black. I certainly didnt want to look like a goth. But it is my favourate colour and it was Chanel so i had to buy it, the lady on the Chanel counter who happens to be a good friend assured me i could pull it off as i dress quite elegantley!!
The polish is a nice deep rich black, and with a top coat looks super shiney!
I think it looks better when my nails are short, as most darker polishes do! I love it for winter, but try to put some colour into my clothes when wearing,e.g a crisp white shirt!
There are soo many cheaper black polishes out there (lets face it, its not a hard colour to copy!) but for me Chanel is black, sexy and sophisticated so it has to be Black Satin!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2010 6:28:00 PM More reviews by princess_fiona

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I think this is the best of what's out on the market.

Have tried
- Essie Licorice - too runny, takes 3+ coats (don't try it!)
- Rimmel 60 seconds Black Out - very thick, requires 1 really thick coat, clunk brush takes longer than expected to dry and chips after a couple of days
- Barry M Black - nice, but needs a lot of layering.

You could easily get away with 1 coat of this, 2 makes it extra special. With a base coat and top coat I can easily wear this for 4-7 days with only minor touch ups.

It does take a long time to dry and it is expensive (I think I paid 18GBP), but one coat is amazing.
Would buy again! This is the only black polish I'll wear now, I'd rather stick with this than waste money finding a cheaper alternative.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2010 8:13:00 PM More reviews by MyBeehive

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I do love the packaging quality of Chanel nail polishes. Satin Black is a chic and pretty black, not too gothy and not understated either, just a pretty black satin shade that, I think, looks best on shorter nails. However, it doesn't wear well, and for the price, I'll keep looking for my fav black n/p.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2010 8:41:00 PM More reviews by Justicet2009

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this polish. It really vamps me out. The satin finish is so nice. I love this look for jeans or for dressing up. Its actually a classy look. Thumbs up