October 26, 2014 | 1092 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Conair - Infiniti Tourmaline Ceramic Curling Iron 1

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2014 10:58:00 AM More reviews by miamiamay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was the cheapest curler at BB&B, so I decided to pick it up.
My first go with this curler, I did use the clamp. I have a LOT of hair and I sectioned it before curling- I think this contributed to smooth curls. I finished with Aussi Flexible Hold Hairspray and my ringlets only loosened a little bit at the end of the day.
The curling iron was very easy to use- and I got the knack of it within one use (and I'm pretty dumb). I used the 360 degree setting because of my hair's thickness and that worked perfectly. The curls were *almost* perfectly smooth and frizz free. Some leave-in cream cleaned that up.
My second time, I didn't use the clamp. It was so easy! The curls didn't get caught in the clamp and were bouncy and shiny. Frizz- free too!
I was very happy with my purchase- and the curler was well worth the money! I'd recommend it to anyone first starting out with a curler.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2013 8:22:00 PM More reviews by LussyCakes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have thick hair so it did an okay job of curling it, but I don't like the crimps the clamp leaves in my hair sometimes :( My hair also gets stuck in the clamp sometimes too...

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2011 10:42:00 PM More reviews by VanillaWest

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the worst curling iron I've ever used! I thought it would be good since i have thick hair, but when i used it, it didn't do anything to my hair, It didn't make curls, it didn't even make my hair wavy, AND it was making my hair smoke!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2011 8:04:00 PM More reviews by pentel450

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

THIS IS AMAZING! After my OLLLDDDDD vidal sasson curling iron melting in France (i didn't realize I had to get a voltage converter too...) I was on the hunt for a new curling iron. However, i didn't want to pay $50+ for one. I saw this at a bed bath and beyond for $25 and it seemed to be more or less the same as a comparable babybliss one priced at $40. I decided to take the plunge and buy it.

I tried it out when I got home. I've never had curls in less time! i took medium-ish sections and held it for only about 2-3 seconds and it formed tight curls!!! I even used the lowest setting b/c my hair's so thin. This is amazing. I've never had curls form so quickly and stay so well.

I'm totally sold. I hope this never gets discontinued!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2011 12:40:00 AM More reviews by boarddumb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This one's a definite winner! I stood in the aisle at the CVS for a good ten minutes deciding between this model or a 3-pack of metal curling irons of different sizes for $5 less. I'm glad I chose quality over quantity in this case because I am so happy with this iron. I chose it because it's made of tourmaline ceramic instead of metal, has a pretty high temperature, and it also came with a heat protecting sleeve.
When I got it out of its packaging I was also happy to find that it has a swivel cord and perfect tension in the clamp.
I have thick, dense, wavyish, fairly difficult hair. This curling iron was so smooth it glided over my hair but didn't lose its grip at the ends. The curls themselves are smooth and gorgeous and manageable. I use the lower settings for loose, casual curls and the higher settings for when I want my hair to have a lot of volume.
I'm giving 5 lippies despite that annoying button issue and that damned tapered end that causes me to burn my fingertips sometimes because, really, you're not going to find another iron of this quality at such a low price. Amazing iron, really.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2011 10:43:00 AM More reviews by Kathy123

I saw the raves here and got it in 1.5 inches from CVS. I have had a Chi for a long time but it is no longer high tech and it takes a while to get hot. I have also used Sedu and Solia. This has Nano technology and I have to say that it makes a lot of difference. It gets hot pretty fast and it does not damage my hair. It takes only one attempt to get each section of hair frizz free. I use Kerastase Oleo-Relax with this and I get great results. I do not use flat iron because it makes my hair look too flat. I use this to curl up or shape the ends. Great product for thick and unruly set of hair. UPDATE: I have had this iron for one week and I absolutely love it. No damage to my hair and my hair looks and feels silkier than ever before. It is amazing that a product as inexpensive is better than expensive ones and delivers.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2010 2:02:00 PM More reviews by LoveLightPink

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a pretty good curling iron and it gives you that perfect curl. The hottest setting on this curling iron is 395 degrees and it heats up pretty fast. The swivel cord makes it easier to work with and doesn't get the cord all tangled. Overall a good curling iron if u want those perfectly formed curls and the price is pretty good.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2010 4:23:00 PM More reviews by busybeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used a Revlon curling iron DAILY for as long as I can remember and when my last one shorted out in the middle of getting ready for work, I figured it was time to try something new (I had re-purchased a few times due to spring breaking before I knew you could order replacements). The Conair is AMAZING!! While I originally loved Revlon's strong clamp, I realized that it was the cause of a lot of breakage due to it pulling on my fragile hair. There is a happy medium between irons that don't hold your hair and irons that pull your hair -- CONAIR :) Also, after using the Conair I realize the Revlon didn't make my curls last that long. And that's using the Conair on medium heat (don't remember the degrees but it's like the second lowest setting) while I always used the highest setting with my Revlon. And maybe it's just me, but my curls look shinier with the Conair as well. However, there is just one thing that bothers me...the tapered end. WTH is up with that?! It is my first day using it and I was used to a "normal" end so I burnt my finger. I don't see what purpose that serves and wish they would have put a full round end on it so it would be easier to grasp. I will deal with this one not so great thing because I think I will have less breakage, longer lasting curls, and shinier curls as a reward :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2010 11:22:00 PM More reviews by beforenafter

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have thick stick straight Asian hair. This iron works. It's so easy to use. The tension on the clamp is perfect - not too loose and not too strong . The tourmaline coating makes the curls smooth and not snag at all. I read the reviews on MUA before purchasing on Amazon and was fairly warned about the whole on/off button issue and found that it was easy to avoid. Heats up fast and distributes said heat evenly. I was tempted to buy one of the fancy super expensive kind of curling iron and even put it in my Amazon cart but then I thought . . . Hello. It's only $16.79 . . just try it and keep the rest of the money for a fancy new bra . . . so that's what I did.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2010 1:47:00 AM More reviews by SpottedGiraffe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Due to a forgetful packing error, I found myself at the local grocery store needing a curling iron the morning of my big formal event.
I am SO glad I had to buy one (fate, maybe?).
I LOVE this curling iron.
It's ceramic, so that's all good. It heats up very very fast, which an impatient person like myself appreciates (I think the packaging says 30 seconds or something). When I used it on my hair, the word that comes to mind is just smooth. It's very easy to roll the hair up into the iron, but it also holds very well. Also, I usually only hold it in place about 10 - 15 seconds. And voila, perfect curl! No creases from the clamp causing my hair to stick out at weird angles!
I was a person who thought I could never work with a curling iron much, but this has changed my mind! Now I'm just turning it on while I'm at home to experiment with some different styles.
My only problem with it is the silly "ON/OFF" button, which is right where your thumb goes on the handle. So the first time I used the iron, I kept turning it off mid-curl. But it's easy enough to just turn right back on (even with the hair still wrapped up). I was going to deduct one lippie for it, but I just like the iron too despite that. After using it a few times, I hardly push the button anymore, anyway. Just takes a little practice.
This also comes in some other sizes, I think I will definately purchase the ~2" size, as it also works just as well (my mom has one, and I tried hers while visiting).
And it was only about $15!