October 1, 2014 | 1071 users online

Self Tanners - Almay - Sunless Tanning Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2011 11:54:00 PM More reviews by Seabreezes

This is the BEST self tanner for my highly sensitive, acne-prone skin that I've found to date. I've been using this self tanner for one month and I have had NO break outs, which is so hard to find in a self tanner (for my skin). I agree with exfoliating the day before, as it can slightly sting your face if you apply after exfoliating. It leaves a great, natural color, and the smell is bearable. The tinted cream, which I'm usually NOT a fan of for the face, is perfect, and almost acts like a bronzer, except that you still have great color after removing it. The only caveat that I've found is that my nighttime application of Retin A typically removes all the color by morning, and I have to reapply daily. I haven't tried to apply it over my Retin A at night, so it may work. Still, I don't mind applying it daily as long as I'm not breaking out. Great - GREAT product!
4-18-11 UPDATE
I like to update my reviews when I experience consistently GREAT results. I have been using this product for over 4 months and it IS by far the BEST self tanner for faces that I've tried (and I've tried MANY). I have YET to break out or experience clogged pores from DAILY use of this product. While a few other self tanners may not have broken me out, nearly all of them gave me blackheads, or clogged pores - except for this one. Again, the color is gone by morning since I use Retin A at night, but the instant bronze effect you get from application minimizes this caveat. It dries quickly and does not interfere with my makeup. Thank you ALMAY!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2010 4:26:00 PM More reviews by Jenniferroyea

I use this on my face - I read in Paula's book that the formula for face and body were virtually the same. I would use it on my body as well, but it's tinted and I don't want the tint colour all over my sheets. Ok - GREAT produc! I have been using it for about a week now, morning and night, and it hasn't caused any breakouts. It dries really fast and is not greasy. When it is dry, my face is not shiny at all, but matte. I use it on top of my tretinoin at night, and under my sunscreen and any makeup, in the morning. After about 5 days, I had nice tanned looking skin. The tint in it is nice and subtle as well. You def. have to treat this more as a daily tanner, as it takes a few applications depending on the look you want, but as it's a gel, and non greasy, it's fine to wear it every day. I will use this every summer until it doesn't exist anymore. The best self tanner for my face I have tried, and on top of it all, it's super cheap. LOVE!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2009 2:33:00 PM More reviews by SCL

I LOVE this stuff!!! It is so cheap yet so natural!!! I bought it for under 2 and have repurchased already, even though I haven't used all of the 1st tube! Two applications and I am nice and bronzed. I do have mixed race skin - i would go SUPER bronze in the sun, but without sun I think I look quite unhealthy, not a lovely pale but more yellowish. So, now I'm gonna keep using this stuff, it is the BEST! Believe me, over the years I have used heaps of different fake tanners, and this is by far the cheapest with a natural look. love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2007 10:48:00 AM More reviews by Kathy123

I am so sick of self tanners that look like grease on my skin. I am oily but these tanners make it even worse. I have been looking for a good oil free self tanner and this does the job. The results are not orange or greasy. The only thing that bothered me was the stinging sensation that I got right after applying this after exfoliation. Make sure to exfoliate the day before, not before using this product. You can wear your makeup 20 minutes after application. It does create a great dewy but not greasy effect. It does not irritate the skin after application and it is buildable. I love this.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2006 10:16:00 AM More reviews by jenafur3223

This is a lightweight sheer tinted gel self tanner for the face. It says it is hypoallergenic and won't clog pores. I have a very hard time finding a self tanner for my oily/sensitive/acne prone skin, but I've been using this and for the money it's decent. It doesn't have a strong odor, absorbs quickly, but I just wish that it came in different shades (like light, med, or dark) since it takes more than one applicable to get noticable color. I put it on every night and still my face isn't very dark. I guess it will do until I find something better.