October 25, 2014 | 1828 users online

Foundations - Philosophy - Philosophy Supernatural 4 in 1 mineral makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2014 4:06:00 PM More reviews by Saslag

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The absolute best foundation out there! I have acne and acne scars, so I use a liquid foundation under this powder. It finishes it off perfectly! I can go on and on, just trust me...

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2013 8:50:00 PM More reviews by cozmicsuga

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love! Love! Love!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 8:12:00 AM More reviews by katie8633

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The Supernatural is my absolute fave!!! I prefer powder to liquid foundations, and have tried several. Hands down this is the best!! It not only offers great all-over coverage, but works nicely for spot coverage as well. It never feels heavy or powdery and allows my skin tone to come through and look natural. I have found that the provided sponge tends to trap and make unusable a large portion of the product. I always throw it away and use a kabuki brush instead. By saving all of the product that gets stuck in the sponge I generally get about a year of daily applications out of one pot!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2012 2:20:00 AM More reviews by makeuphormones

I have bought maybe 4 or 5 of this already! I love the glow it gives to my skin. Two problems I have though: firstly the puff needs replacing frequently. Secondly, I feel I need a finishing powder for this, so my pores don't show. But when I use a finishing powder, the glow kindda reduces. Something's got to give, I guess.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2012 7:46:00 AM More reviews by tabloid

Sadly, this foundation does not work for me. I have tried applying it both with the sponge it comes with and a kabuki brush, but in both cases, this just sits on top of my skin accenting every single enlarged pore and fine line on my face. I usually love Philosophy products but not this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2011 1:28:00 AM More reviews by ishuku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my favorite mineral makeup out of those that I've tried, and I've repurchased it several times. Each one lasts me about a year, but I don't wear it every day. The sand shade is a perfect match for my skin, it's SUPER easy to apply and layers well-- I swipe all over and then tap on areas that need more coverage. Sometimes I even screw off the top and use a small brush to apply some directly to spots as a concealer. Also this doesn't appear to break me out and I've been using it since college. However, this makeup does have cons: 1. It's expensive. 2. If you carry it around a lot (like in a purse or something), the plastic top can crack or break! If this happens powder gets everywhere and it's impossible to fix. This happened to me a few times and I had to always leave it at home after that. 3. After a while, the applicator pad stops distributing the powder over your face evenly and needs to be changed. They do sell spares and a set of 3 lasts me the entire year. 4. My biggest gripe: It comes off your face easily, especially if you sweat or are really oily. I'd recommend a primer as a base and maybe even another translucent loose powder to help set it. Even with these cons, I'll keep buying this makeup for ease and speed of application and the fact that it matches my skintone exactly.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2010 12:42:00 PM More reviews by Jandesan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've tried so many mineral makeups...BE, Everyday, Jane Iredale, Youngblood, GloMinerals....I'm sure I've missed a few. This is, for my skin, the best at doing what minerals say they will do. Airbrush look,
minimizes pores (especially on my nose!) and just done so quickly and easily! I do use a kabuki brush to apply (the spongy thing broke up after a short time). Some of the other ones I tried made the pores on my nose look like huge holes...horrible! Just really like this product and would definitely repurchase! Lot of product for the $$

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2010 12:22:00 AM More reviews by oasiss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my go-to powder to date. It sets beautifully, and they aren't kidding about the airbrushing! My skin looks absolutely perfect--something that hasn't happened since I started with this product. I guess the broad-spectrum antibiotic may have had something to do with my acne disappearing, but this certainly helped! I wear it with a tinted moisturizer and this sets it perfectly and provides decent coverage on its own. Amazing buy!
Plus to anyone who doesn't want to buy replacement sponges: FYI you can wash the sponges with gentle facial cleanser and let them dry. bing bang boom a fresh, sanitary sponge!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2010 1:23:00 AM More reviews by brittneey

I bought this even though i decided to stick with my LM mineral foundation. i don't think i will ever regret buying it. the sponge applicator is a little tricky, and i'm still trying to figure out how to get the powder onto my face without really punching my own face with the applicator, but i love it! i thought i'd have to use my MAC studio TM bcause i didn't think there'd be enough coverage, but turns out i don't have to. i have a lot of skin imperfections, i used to have a lot of acne and so there are lots of scars and skin discoloration but it covers up reaaaaalllyyy well. it stays on, i don't have to retouch through out the day AND it doesn't break me out! WOOHOO! i'm a little worried that powder's gonna leak through my make-up bag but it hasn't happened yet even though i was on a flight back from the US for about 24 hrs in total. so it might not happen after all. for reference, i'm NC20-25/medium and i'm wearing this in sand. as long as i don't put too much on, it's a perfect match. i think less is best when it comes to powders. great product! a little pricey, and packaging could be better, but whatever. i love this product too much to care :D

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2009 11:25:00 PM More reviews by shelldoll99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is actually a beautiful foundation, but it does not stay on and the sponge applicator is a bit unsanitary. It starts going on less evenly after you use it for a couple weeks. Maybe the oils in the sponge? Yuck! They sell replacements, but it can get expensive to constantly replace.
I am looking for a new full coverage foundation.....Help!