Avon Avon Shades of Hue eye shadow in Mocha Spectrum

4.3

on 12/27/2006 12:25:00 PM

These have been discontinued, but have been hoping to find them in the Outlet again & look for them all the time. At first, I didn't wear these because they are shimmery and the original catalog didn't have the little triangle showing they were so. However, it is very faint. I have little creases in my lids (will be 40 next year and is probably from lots of tugging with past eye makeup and am paying the price now) and have to be very cautious of any eyemakeup with shimmer. However, I love these! They blend easily, almost a creamy powder even though they didn't market it as such. It just blends so easily and lasts. The colors are perfect for me, not being too dark for a crease color, but dark enough. I have a few faint red veins on my inner lids, next to my lashes, and the light covers it unlike the other eyeshadows I currently own (Paula's Choice and MK) so I'm turning to Avon eyeshadow from now on. I'd have also liked there to be more product as another reviewer stated, but got mine in the outlet for cheap so I'm happy.

on 5/28/2006 3:19:00 PM

I'm really impressed with these new eyeshadows from Avon. I really wasn't expecting much - because in general I don't like Avon eyeshadows (I much perfer Mark ones...and I'm an Avon rep! :o) I wear this over an eye primer and the colors are vibrant and last a long time. They do blend well and look very natural.

on 5/13/2006 10:33:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I got these today; I paid $6.99 for this 4 eye shadows set but it is not the bargain I had believed it would be, looking at it in the book. The eye shadow case is about 2 inches by 2 inches and the shadows within are smaller yet and not very deep in the pan. There is a little mirror quizically placed under the case. The colors are beautiful in the case but they are not very pigmented; that is obvious when they are on the lids. They feel silky, which is good but they are barely visible. I would not buy them again.UPDATE: Today I wore this eyeshadow over foundation and powder and the colors finally came alive! The blendability is excellent and it looks great!