August 27, 2014 | 1821 users online

Palettes - Hard Candy - Take Out Makeup Kit

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2008 2:09:00 AM More reviews by KingTaco

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

It's really cute, and it's got everything in it, but the makeup isn't the best quality. The glosses are way too sheer, and the eyeshadows don't seem to be very strongly pigmented.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2008 11:41:00 PM More reviews by chelbellboo

bought this for my daughterand almost didnt wanna part with it, its so darned cute.lol everything you need to make a face contained in a tiny adorable three tiered little package. so compact it can fit in your smallest handbag. and the eyeliner. its sooo widdle.lol everything has its own little compartment, and those eyeshadow shades are not too bad.a few were very glittery, but for a teen, its perfect. ordered it from sephora.com think i pd like $25. worth it !!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2008 10:36:00 PM More reviews by LabelLover

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was a little scared after I bought this product online because I read some mixed reviews on it. But I got it really cheap so this is what I thought when I got it! Yes it is kinda small like everyone said but I thought that what's made the product so cute! You can fit it in any size puse even a really small purse. It comes in a little pink case with 3 layers.

Layer 1: Lip Glosses in sheer cherry, clear with blue multi glitter, champagne with glitter, sheer peach, sheer rose with glitter, and clear with pinky-blue multi glitter, plus two lips brushes. The lip glosses are very sheer but they look good over lipstick.

Layer 2: Shadows in golden pink, lavender shimmer, black with silver glitter, shimmering lime, white pearl, medium brown with shimmer, apricot shimmer, and vibrant turquoise with shimmer, plus a black eye pencil, and two shadow applicators . I really like the eyeshadows they're well pigmented. I would use a good set of eyeshadow brushes instead of the shadow applicators. The eyeliner is ok I don't use it much because its so skinny and I don't anything to sharpen it with.

Layer 3: has a blush two concealers and a bronzer and a mini tube of mascara. I really love the blush its a very pretty color. I use the bronzer as a eyeshadow though because I don't really like it as a bronzer its kinda light. the mascaras good and the concealers are good you can mix them to create your own color.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2008 7:21:00 PM More reviews by PrincessVela

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This was just so cute and practical I just had to have it. It's a huge amount of makeup in such a small kit...great for touch ups. Overall, it is good quality, but there are a few flaws. Let's begin with the good...the eye shadows are really nice colors and good quality, the mascara is surprisingly good, the blush is a nice neutral peachy color with not too much shimmer (can be mixed with the little bronzer!), the concealers are also pretty good. As for the bad...the lipglosses are ok, they have kind of a weird slick feeling to them and I refuse to wear the downright sparkly colors, the eyeliner may as well be a #2 pencil, and the kit broke pretty easily-- the hinge broke off in a pretty short time with no "unusual wear." So now it doesn't close properly, and may open at any given time if not held against something in my bag. I still love it though!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2007 11:35:00 PM More reviews by onegoodcat

This was a good price and I like this. The tan colors are nice and shimmery, but they are a little too sheer. The white and blue shades are the only ones that are more pigmented. Unfortunately I don't wear blue eyeshadow. The eyeliner was too tiny and I didn't use it. The concealer isn't bad. All of the makeup in this kit smells good to me too. I had no problem with the actual kit. My friend got one too and hers broke easily. Mine finally broke recently (*updated march '08*) and I've had it since December '06.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2007 2:33:00 AM More reviews by devilbunnies

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Like noted in a few other reviews, the back of my kit broke after a few weeks and now one of the layers always comes off. Kind of annoying so I probably won't buy this again as it seems quite common for this to break. The first layer contains six lip glosses that are all pretty sheer, some have glitter, some shimmery. The next layer has eight little eyeshadows all shimmery or glittery. I like the brown/tan shades and the vibrant blue color. There is also the smallest eye liner I have ever seen. It just kind of poked me when I tried to use it: not very useful. There is also a tiny mascara which worked fine. The last layer has a great conceler duo (very creamy with good coverage), a bronzer that was a little too dark for my pale skintone, and a shimmery blush. I liked this kit overall but it does leave one pretty glittery. ;) I would have given it more lippies had it not broken.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2007 1:21:00 PM More reviews by giddymakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

i love the eye shadows some of the lipglosses are good but the brushes are bad the conceler(sp?) was great i love the bronzer and blush but i wish they had come with a brush i love the little eye liner and the mascara was very clumpy

oh and the top with the mirror on it broke of after about a month

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2007 7:47:00 PM More reviews by theoriginalbeautyjunkie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sad to say, I bought this product because I'm a total sucker for cute packaging and this kit seemed to have it all. What I found was somewhat expected. The Take Out Makeup Kit contains 6 ligplosses. A nude, sparkly berry, clear blue glitter, rosy pink, clear glitter, and a sparkly nudish pink. The lipglosses were surprisingly alright for a palette! I found myself liking the nude and the rosy pink. The other colors I tended to avoid. The next level in the make up kit is eye make up. The eyeshadows were cute! It looked almost too perfect to ruin by touching with my eyeshadow brush, but it was alright in the end. They palette contains four shadow colors (light browns, a white, and a pinkish brown) that I can see myself wearing every day. The other four are a little more experimental- a light green, electric blue, lilac, and sparkly black. The eye make up level also contained an eyeliner, that I found damn near impossible. Ditto for the mascara. I can see this kit as more of for touch ups rather than serious make up application. The last level was pleasing, containing two concealers, a bronzer, and a blush. All seemed to have the ability to match more than one skin color. Not for darker skins though. All in all, this kit is good for touch ups, but for putting on your whole face? You're kidding me. It's pick and choose with this kit.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2006 12:29:00 PM More reviews by mermaidmaenad

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

this teeny, tiny kit ROCKS! I looked for something small and light weight to carry with me for touch ups, one that wasnt expensive and had a mascara in it. bingo! i found it!
i usually take my trish planner, but that is heavy...and i cant take carrying 45677 lbs of cosmetics and brushes with me anymore! this does the trick, the price is great, the hard candy quality is very good, and for me, the size and weight of this product matter the most, as does the inclusion of concealer, mascara and eyeliner...EVERYTHING for TOUCH UPS is included. i do wish there was a blush brush and lip pencil...but this tiny item is worth it if, like me, you cant tolerate carrying tons of make up with you during the day.
in my line of work i am required to carry a stash of cosmetics with me (just in case) the reason why i prefer INEXPENSIVE products for this is b/c some of the others have 'sticky fingers' ..tsk tsk..so the price, for this wonderful hard candy quality, was pleasing to me, too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2006 1:25:00 PM More reviews by zombiekitten87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Ok, I LOVE this kit to DEATH (especially the adoreable chinese take out package!!!)

...but it breaks:(

It smells good, kinda like sugar, its PINK the lip glosses are nice colors, all the eyeshadows are sparkly +++!!! and the blush is a nice colors, though the bronzer made me look a little dirty. The Mascara is GREAT and I would use it solo, it has a cute mirror, its PINK and the applicators are kinda useless as they gouge into the lipgloss and dont come out with much and its PINK

Like I said, the back broke and now the one layer comes off :'(
It was a gift, but I know its $$$