Philosophy eye believe - deep wrinkle peptide balm for eyes and upper lip

3.1

on 4/24/2013 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am on my second tube of this. I use a bit on my lids and then on the new little lip lines I seem to have gotten from Mother Nature a few years ago for my birthday. This product does a good job of blurring minor imperfections. I see a visible difference. I don't think it does anything for me on a permanent basis- I view its use as strictly cosmetic.
By the way, it says upper lip in the name but I put this on the lower lip and it works there too. I don't know why they did not just say lips in the name unless women notice the upper ones first.

on 3/11/2013 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I'm close to finishing my first tube of Eye Believe and I'm still not sure how I feel about it... I was quite disappointed in the beginning (for the first 3-4 weeks) because even though I liked its silky texture, it was not effecting my wrinkles around the eyes. However, after more than a month of using it daily, I started noticing positive change on my upper lids. My under-eye wrinkles are still not much effected, but I'm talking about quite deep lines that are really difficult to get rid of I guess...
Overall, I don't think it's a bad product: it doesn't irritate my skin, it feels smooth, it does reduce the fine lines a little bit for me... However, I will not repurchase it now - will continue looking for something more effective for the lines around my eyes.

on 1/20/2011 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I received a generous sample of this at Sephora, and I have mixed opinions. Usually I use Total Eye Fitness gel from Pur Minerals twice a day, but wanted to switch things up a bit and tried this. Boy am I happy I got a sample!

I do like the consistency and feel when first applied, but suddenly on my normal-skinned lids it became very sticky and began to burn a slight bit, which didn't alarm me since the weather in Philly has been a nightmare, and I though my lids were just maybe a bit dry. It smells okay enough, not medicinal but not overpowering, just eh. A little does seem to go a long way. After using the sample for about a week, I didn't see any changes that made me feel the need to run out and purchase it. Yes, my lids look and feel moisturized, but they do when I use my Pur Minerals gel, too. It just didn't blow me away, and there's plenty of other creams and gels I'd purchase before this one.

on 1/18/2011 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I was looking on Sephora to find a product for my dry skin around my eyes. For some reason I thought this would be a good option. However when I got it in the mail I realized it was for wrinkles. I still use it as it makes around my eyes feel smooth and wonderful. It doesn't do much for dryness (obviously). It even feels good on my lips if I can't find a lip balm near by. I really don't see any difference around my eyes, which is to be expected. Nice product, just isn't what I am looking for.

on 5/24/2010 7:19:00 AM

This balm didn't do anything for my eyes apart from make it look crepey and dry. Disappointing!

on 2/7/2010 9:47:00 AM

This is the 3rd product I use (see my other reviews) for my eyes. First is Hope in a Tube, then Eye Believe, then this one. Please know this is not an "eye cream" but a finisher of sorts. I can't say alone this will repair or prevent but when used with other products (Philosophy or not) I think its very nice.

I notice a big difference when I use this and apply concealer and when I don't. Concealer def goes on smoother with this. It will make your eye area feel like velvet and just smooths the whole area.

Like their other products...expensive, but you get what you pay for...

on 9/15/2009 9:26:00 AM

I absolutely love love love this eye cream. I use this underneath Hope In A Tube, and it is absolutely wonderful. Like others have said it feels like velvet when applying and it gives a subtle lift and glow. I have tried everything to get my Bobbi Brown corrector and concealer from caking or looking just horrible including the Bobbi Brown eye cream (which is wonderful for daytime but only if I have super moisterized under my eyes the night before) but these two products really do work! I am looking to get Eye Hope as well to see if that will really kick it up a notch. Thanks Philosophy!!!

on 7/30/2009 5:14:00 PM

I just ran out and have been debating if I should shell out the $40 (here in Canada it is way overpriced) I use it morning and night with my Neostrata eye cream which I LOVE. It seems to help the other eye cream blend better. And I noticed my skin is drier without it. I think I'm going to have to buy it again as it lasted several months so in the long run its probably not that expensive. Plus it is fragrance free which is a must for me. Also I don't have the patience to test run any more eye creams.

on 11/22/2008 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

wow not many people gave this 5 lippies..... just goes to show this is an ordinary eye cream! nothing spectacular. I like how it hydrates & absorbs well but thats about it! sadly...

on 9/20/2008 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

this is quite expensive - total waste of my money. im using clinique eye repair wear before and just tried this eye believe but this is nothing compared to cliniques. this Philosophy product didnt worked out well to me, it adds another line on my bags...i really hate it. il go back to clinique.