July 25, 2014 | 1114 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Sonia Kashuk - Remove

rated 2 of 5 on 11/22/2013 12:28:00 PM More reviews by repercussionist

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Another not-so-great eye makeup remover. I don't know what's going on that I cannot find a decent one. Maybe my cotton balls and pads are to blame? Maybe I'm not being generous enough with the product?

Anyway, tried this after having no success with many products, including Cliniqie's Take the Day Off, but this also did nothing for me. Now I'm using Sephora's makeup remover, and I think it's working better than Clinique or Sonia Kashuk.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2013 6:31:00 AM More reviews by ladypamela1

I think they redesigned this eyemakeup remover. It just says eye makeup remover and comes in a bottle with a purple tint now. It works great and I have no complaints about the actual product. I just use a plain cotton ball and rest it on my eyelashes for about 15 seconds and it melts the mascara away. I do not need to rub it hard after I soak it that way. I only use this for when I do wear mascara otherwise I use coconut oil or Ponds. Don't like the enormous dispenser and I think for $10+ Kashuk should have redesigned that! I suppose I will be looking to transport it into something more convenient. Overall really good remover, will repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2013 11:40:00 AM More reviews by KatWKSF

I was pretty disappointed with this remover, overall. The size of the bottle is generous, but the wide-open, gapping hole to dispense the product is ridiculous. It needs a different design so that you are not dumping huge wasteful quantities onto your cotton round. I do not have sensitive eyes in any way: I torture my eyes (sleeping in make-up, had lasik surgery), and they are always fine, but believe it or not, this stuff stings a bit. I used to use the green L'oreal eye make-up remover & before that Maybelline's product, and they never stung (and were cheaper, and available everywhere). These products worked equally as good without the sting. I do not wear any kind of waterproof or long-wear eye make-up, and this stuff definitely does not remove it all. (In fact, almost all of my current make-up is natural/organic). The proof: I have mild "racoon eyes" in the morning. Further proof: using a cotton round & baby oil removes more make-up AFTER I've used this. That's crazy. I have decided that baby oil is the way to go: cheap, effective, smells good, moistuizing. And the bottle has the perfect little spout dispenser. If you have skin that breaks out at the meer thought of mineral oil, this may not be for you, but it is definitely working for me.
*UPDATE*: I still use the baby oil on occasion, but I have to be so careful not to get it on my skin anywhere but near my eyes, or I break out. I'm in the process of trying the Maybelline Clean Express (non-waterproof) Make-up remover which is a gel in a pink bottle. I like it so far, and have a review completed, if interested.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2013 8:01:00 PM More reviews by Gaijin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a fantastic makeup remover, It takes off everything, yet is so gentle it does not cause any irritation to my skin or eyes. I use it with cotton pads, and it's great on q-tips for fixing any little oops mistakes done when I am using eyeliner. Does not leave a greasy feeling and there is good amount in the bottle to last long time. Will definitely repurchase.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2013 4:35:00 PM More reviews by themerchanwifey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Not a bad remover. Still looking for something that tackles my mascara and doesn't leave me with raccoon eyes. I tried a target version of the neutrogena biphase remover, HORRiBLE. I had to wash my face several times after using it and still managed to ruin all my towels. Sephora was ok not too bad. I feel this is a little bit better than the sephora at taking my eye makeup off. I just hate the bottle. I end up using way too much on the cotton ball. And one good knock and the whole bottle will spill down the drain. Did I mention I am darn near legally blind sans contacts. Yeah recipe for disaster.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2013 9:49:00 AM More reviews by smashlers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm so glad I heard about the Sonia Kashuk products. I absolutely love this eye makeup remover. I was using the Sephora brand remover, and I have previously used Clinique, MUFE and Rimmel.

Pros:
1. This product removes waterproof and non-waterproof makeup easier than any other product that I have tried and it is also way cheaper.
2. I have to use less of it, and it removes more makeup, whereas other products might leave some of that gross residue in the corner of your eye.

My only complaints with this product:
1. The bottle - I wish it had a pump top - but I may put it in one of my Sephora pump top travel bottles so I can use a cotton pad a lot easier.
2. It also feels a little bit oily, however to be able to remove waterproof makeup there has to be oil in it. I use a cotton pad to remove, and then extra ones with water and wipe them over my eyes to get rid of that oily feeling.

I would definitely recommend this remover. It is an amazing product and price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2013 12:18:00 AM More reviews by MacPops

It works. Way better than L'Oreal for waterproof. Doesn't leave my eyes oily. The packaging needs work. Good product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2013 12:06:00 AM More reviews by basicave

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this eye make up remover so so much. I have gone through at least 5 bottles since I first discovered it. I use it everyday I wear eye make up and it does wonderfully in removing my most waterproof, budgeproof mascara and eyeliners. It is very comparable to the Lancome bifacil, and even if price isn't an issue, I would prefer this. It doesn't feel heavy on my eyes after using like other eye make up removers and even if some gets in my eyes, my eyes don't blur up or burn. I just give the bottle a good shake, apply some on a cotton ball on and rest it over an eye repeat on another cotton ball for the other eye, gently wipe, and all my make up comes off.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2013 6:53:00 PM More reviews by Saspants

This, by far, is one of the most effective eye make-up removers on the market. It is a great value, dollar wise, since it doesn't take much product to remove my make-up. The formula is a little oily but not so much that it's bothersome, more like ultra moisturizing. I compare its effectiveness to Philosophy's Release Me and this is about half the price. I purchased at Target for around $10 for the bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2013 4:10:00 AM More reviews by sdr95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I feel like it's pointless writing a review for this, seeing all the divine reviews for this product here. But I just wanna stop by and let you know that this is the only thing that's able to melt away the Milani Infinite liquid liner.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No