October 22, 2014 | 1759 users online

Conditioner - Goth Rosary Daily Use Hair Conditioner and Humectant

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2013 12:49:00 PM More reviews by rustybag

After reading about this brand on message boards, I decided to give this conditioner a try. I purchased it in "Mayhem", which is a spicy/woodsy/earthy scent (like campfire & damp leaves). The scent is super potent in the bottle, and I was afraid it would be too strong on my hair. It actually smells a little better and lighter on the hair than it smelled in the bottle, but the scent really stays in the hair, almost like a hair perfume, and honestly I don't really like it. It also does not detangle very well at all. I don't mind the watery texture and I am glad it rinses clean, and my hair is shiny & residue free afterwards. My hair looked okay after drying, not flat or coated, maybe a little static-y. This might be okay for once in a while, but I think my hair needs something that detangles a little better otherwise my fine hair starts having issues with breakage.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2008 2:29:00 PM More reviews by ryden_gorey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm kind of torn on this. I read up a lot on this conditioner before placing the order, so I expected it to be watery. I'm not used to using watery conditioner. I'm used to store bought conditioner that feels like lotion being soaked into my hair. This stuff sinks right in and doesn't actually make your hair feel like it's being conditioned like that. Honestly, while letting is sit in my hair while I showered my hair still felt squeaky clean from the shampoo. When I ran my fingers through my hair some of my hair was actually breaking from the lack of lubrication.
I thoroughly washed this stuff out in the shower (because of the strong smell) and added a tiny bit more when I got out.
I've only used it once, but my hair feels smooth with no tangles and not...oily? I guess the other conditioners were leaving build up and I had no idea. I know my hair would always be really oily after one day. It hasn't been a full day with this conditioner yet but my hair feels smooth, light and cleaner.
I now apply it to wet hair out of the shower. It conditions, doesn't leave buildup, and has a subtle scent that way.

Basically it goes like this:
Pros- Gives me soft, clean hair
Cruelty Free
Natural, etc. All that hippie jazz

Cons: Expensive for the amount given

I didn't like the scent either, which is Mayhem. But I decided to take that out as there are plenty of scents to choose from that I might think smell really good. I've ordered the sample scent pack and I suggest you do the same before buying. I should have done that in the first place.

I am going to buy this stuff one more time with a scent I like better so I can fully enjoy it. But it will be hard to justify buying this stuff regularly as it's so expensive for such a small amount. It does a really good job, but the amount I use from such a small bottle would take a lot of money from me to use it regularly. I've grown to love it though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2008 1:16:00 PM More reviews by happylynngilmer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Pros: cone-free, great as leave-in, moisturizing, paraben free, vegan
Cons: only buy online, price

I bought this in "Can't Wait Demeter". It was very moisturizing as both a wash-out conditioner and a leave-in. I used it mostly as a leave-in because it is expensive, and I didn't want to waste any. Never left my hair crunchy; always soft and managable. Scent lingered until next wash.
In a different scent, I would repurchase. CWD did not mix well with the VO5 chamomile I was using at the time, nor would it blend with my Nexxus Therappe and Trader Joe's Refresh I currently use.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2006 11:13:00 PM More reviews by Lady_Oscar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I adore this! It's great as a conditioner, but even better as a leave-in.
I use this on towel dried hair, and it detangles and doesn't weigh down very long hair. Plus, it smells delicious (I have this in "dead on chocolate", so yummy and the smell lingers till the next shampoo)and one bottle, though it may seem small, lasts a veeeery long time, when used as a leave-in.
The goth rosary has exellent products and AntiSally is adorable, so I'll definitely buy again :)
continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2006 3:42:00 PM More reviews by Jezzrbelle88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Would I buy this again? Yes, yes, a thousand times yes!! This is THE BEST all natural vegan hair conditioner I have ever tried! This beats the crunchiest granola brands available at any health food or natural store, hands down. I only need a small amount for my long thick hair- I rub it between my hands, apply it to my hair and let it sink in (as with most other natural conditioners, you do not 'feel' this on your hair, it sinks in right away instead). I let it set a few minutes, then rinse. My hair instantly feels light and fluffy, and does not feel coated in anything at all, yet is completely soft and conditioned. My hair takes forever to dry too, but when I use this conditioner it cuts my drying time in half! After blow drying I see shiny soft healthy looking hair, and sometimes I like to apply a little more product on the ends just to be safe. And the best part of this is that it comes in any of Anti sally's fabulous unique gothy smells! (or unfragranced if you prefer). Sometimes when I dont have time to wash my hair for a day or so, but I want to refresh it a little, I run a small amount of this over my dry hair and scalp to sweeten the smell and make it smell freshly washed. And the scent lasts around about two days for me, but is in no way overpowering. Been using this 2 months, and so far so good, absolutly no build up on my head and no dandruff like I usually get from natural brands. HOORAY for this stuff! Its so cheap too! Rave !!!!!