December 20, 2014 | 944 users online

Conditioner - Dove - New Dove Advanced Color Care Conditioner for Lightened or Highlighted Hair

rated 1 of 5 on 5/7/2014 2:21:00 AM More reviews by tsutton

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used this twice. I bought it because it was the cheapest colour safe one in the store that was a recognizable name. You'd think Dove would be okay. Well, it isn't.

The first time I used it, I thought I just did a poor job washing it out. The roots of my hair (about two inches along the hair, only 1/3 of which is regrowth) felt stiff, sticky and gross. It looked strange.

The second time, I was very careful about washing it all out. But the same thing happened, if not worse. I tried washing it out in my sink. No luck. I tried it in the bathtub. It was still sticky! I had to use a cheap 2 in 1 in the sink to get that residue out.

I've used a lot of conditioners in my life, even other Dove products, and I've had no problems. Until this. That weird residue (another review called it gummy, which is about right) totally put me off. I can't even say if it made my hair dry, or if my colour was better. I'm throwing the bottle out.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/4/2010 10:38:00 AM More reviews by JCPrincess318

I was on a wild goose chase for this product, being that Dove changed the face of the bottles....so one day I was walking in Harmon and it was just sitting on the shelf and it was the exact one I wanted...lightened hair formula. So I was happy to have found it...and well when using it for the first time...wasnt so happy. This conditioner was a not as thick as the Intense Damage Therapy and I found it left my hair gummy and oily. I am not a fan. I do love the Intense Damage Therapy instead. I am wondering if Dove is going to continue this item being that it was no where to be found in the new faced bottle??? Hmm....

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2010 3:08:00 PM More reviews by jennifer23404

I have very fine bleached blond and color treated hair (low-lights). This was terrible; made my hair feel really dry! Yuck! This goes for both the shampoo and conditioner. So,if you have dry, damaged fine hair- keep looking! I wouldn't recommend.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2009 4:53:00 AM More reviews by Indrawn

I have fine, bleached, slightly damaged elbow-length hair that needs washing every 1-2 days.

I can't say this made a whole lot of difference, my bleached hair looks/feels exactly the same as it usually does (okay on the first day, kinda dry on the second, bears some resemblance to straw on the third). But I didn't expect any miracles. Overall it works well as an average conditioner, detangling well and making my hair smooth in the shower. At least it doesn't cause hair loss unlike *cough* Garnier Fructis.

Personally I wouldn't repurchase this because of the average 'hair' smell it leaves (I prefer the scent of Herbal Essences and Garnier), but I feel this deserves a 'Yes'. And the slight egg-shaped bottle is somewhat cute, although the description on the back is rather vague.

- - -
PRICE [2] | PACKAGING [4] | REPURCHASE [maybe]

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2009 1:59:00 PM More reviews by haleyhay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a good conditioner, I used it a couple of years ago when I had bleached highlights in my hair and it managed to keep my soft. It also smells amazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2009 9:44:00 PM More reviews by KatKatie

My hair is fairly long- (When it is straightened, it lies halfway down my upper arm.) My hair is fairly thin and is prone to having dry ends. (My hair is actually darkened by just a few tones, but not lightened.)
When I first used Dove Advanced Color Care for Lightened or Highlighted Hair, I was on holidays and the small packaging of 200mL was very convenient, I hated it. I had no choice for the next 8 nights but to use it. After the third night, I started to like it. My hair felt soft, looked shiny and wasn't dry at the ends. Now, the only bad thing I can say about the combo of this shampoo and conditioner is that by the end of the day, my roots are oily, which isn't a problem for me, because I wash my hair every day. It is better than my last shampoo and conditioner, which is dearer, Pantene Daily Moisture Renewal.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2009 12:26:00 AM More reviews by lmf102

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I hate to give this a bad review, but this stuff dried my hair out like no other. I was looking for a cheap alternative to my Tigi Headshot conditioner and this looked promising. After using the first time, I noticed that the ends of my hair felt like straw. The only thing i did differently in my beauty routine was switch up my conditioner, but I thought maybe it was something else. Tried this again a few days later with the same crispy-ends result. My hair isn't in great shape as it is, especially with blond highlights and i don't need to do anything to provoke it further. I guess in my case, I got what I paid for. However, if you have thinner/healthier hair (my hair is super thick) you might have better luck with this one

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2009 4:22:00 PM More reviews by ValleyOfSins

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is good conditioner. After switching my hair colour from the blackest black to a bright, firey red, I needed some help with dryness and helping my colour last. It really did help with re-hydrating my hair after the bleaching, but I've used other conditioners that held the red in longer. Overall thumbs up!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2009 11:37:00 AM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I actually do like this conditioner! It is mosturizing (maybe not enough for super thick hair) and doesn't weigh my long, fine and color treated hair down at all. It smells like most Dove conditioners do, leaves my hair very shiny and soft as well. My only issue with it is if my hair is super dry from the weather or whatever it just isn't moisturizing enough. However this was great for summer and fall, just maybe not enough for a harsh winter. I would repurchase though!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2009 12:35:00 PM More reviews by luckybamboozled

I have med length hair, the strands are fine but I have a lot of hair if that makes sense. I have to be careful with the product I use because it's either too moisturizing and my hair is too soft or it's not moisturizing enough and feels like straw. This shampoo and conditioner is PERFECT for my hair. I couldn't stop touching my hair I was so surprised with the results. In the past I have used a lot of salon shampoo and conditioners recently loving matrix biolage line which after awhile just left my hair feeling not so clean it just felt like my hair always had a heavy product in it. This left my hair shiny, silky (not too soft!) and best of all clean! I love it and will continue to purchase. Great stuff!