October 1, 2014 | 1849 users online

Sunscreen - Aveeno - Active Naturals Continuous Protection Sunblock Lotion - Face SPF 30

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2014 6:42:00 PM More reviews by upinspace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this sunscreen for when I go to the park. Its light and moisturizing. It doesn't last as long as other sunscreens, but that's alright. The smell is actually very nice, I enjoy it a lot.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2013 11:20:00 AM More reviews by DonnaB2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I gave up on this sunscreen as I just could not rub it into my skin, it is so white. I tried and tried and still had white swirls on my arms.

It happened first time, but I was doing yard work so my swirly white arms and neck were no problem. To be fair, it did stand up to several hours of sun and mild sweating, has a typical neutral, very mild lotion aroma, and is affordable.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2013 8:21:00 PM More reviews by withoutblinking

I have very sensitive skin and this hasn't caused any breakouts in the three months I've been using it. I like that it doesn't feel greasy and goes on smoothly without making me feel oily. I work outside in a garden all day, but usually only have to reapply once.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2013 5:19:00 PM More reviews by geekinpink

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm reviewing Aveeno Active Naturals Sunscreen Lotion SPF 30 with soy. I bought it at Shoppers in Canada, slightly different than the name listed here although packaging looks the same.
Everything breaks me out- and this DOESN'T, that automatically makes it a winner. It initially looks greasy on but sinks in quickly. I sometimes mix my powder mineral makeup into it for a DIY tinted moisturiser and it works well. It works well as a moisturiser. I have acne prone, combo skin, quite shiny in the t-zone.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2012 11:38:00 AM More reviews by RoseJade

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

TERRIBLE! GREASY! AND I’M LEFT WITH A BURN!! Everything I’ve tried by Aveeno has made me sunburn (Natural protection mineral block) & breakout (moisturizers and wash)…if that’s not a hint then I don’t know what is. This messed my skin up royally…thankfully I had acne masks to pile on when I started noticing. I've now switched to neutrogena clear skin and it doesn’t break me out and I even think its helping clear up my acne! Cheers to that! Save the money BUT more importantly save your SKIN!!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/1/2012 3:28:00 PM More reviews by DanaKatherine9

Yucky! This sunscreen absolutly wrecked havoc on my face. My skin had finally started to clear after using the aveeno clear complexion products for a couple weeks. I used this sunscreen because it was the only face sunscreen we had. It says oil free and non comdegenic but something is wrong with it. I used it at the beach so the fact it made me shiny I didn't really care because I was in the water mostly. After using this for about 3 days red bumps formed in clusters on my right cheek, a little on my left, my chest, nose and other places where I don't normally break out. It also managed to open my mouth, chin and nose area to blackheads and whiteheads that I'm still dealing with. While most of the acne has subsided by now I am left with a gazzilion pih marks that are going to take forever to fade. My moms skin even started breaking out in whitheads after using this and her skin is normal. I have no idea which skin types should avoid this I just hope no one ever has to deal with a reaction like this.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2012 12:51:00 AM More reviews by adipose

I've avoided wearing sunscreen for a long time because it just feels very heavy and greasy on my face, but I was pleasantly surprised with this one. It feels light and absorbs quickly, almost as though I'm not wearing any sunscreen. Of course, I tend to use this sparingly so if I slather it on, it might feel heavier. I tested a few different facial sunscreens at the store (including Neutrogena and La Roche-Posay) on the back of my hand, and this was the only one that did not feel uncomfortable on my skin. It was also the cheapest of the selection!

Overall this product works pretty well for my skin, though it seems that other reviewers had some problems. Personally, I don't find the smell particularly offensive. For reference, I'm not acne-prone and do not have sensitive skin; I tan easily (rather unevenly) but never burn; and I have a greasy t-zone. I do think it makes my face a little greasier, but it's kind of hard to tell since it's a bit greasy already.

Pros:
-doesn't feel too heavy/greasy
-doesn't leave a whitish cast
-no break outs
-decent price

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2011 1:02:00 AM More reviews by mkla623

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best sunscreen ever! I have acne prone/sensitive/oily skin and needed a lotion with SPF to put on every morning. I used to use eucerins SPF and it made my face so oily and left such a bad white cast on my face. After that bad experience I vowed to find a better one and this is it. For many, I can understand how it made their face oily even though it is "oil free," because everyone's face will react differently. This though has fit all my criteria and lives up to everything it promises and says on the package. I do my usual morning routine and moisturize my face, I then use this as a primer and put a dime size amount all over my face and neck. It drys matte and can possibly show dry spots, but that's why I first moisturize and it solves the problem. I love this and is my new HG moisturizer!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/24/2011 More reviews by xoCarmina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Yuck! Whenever I use this I break out. I'm finishing the rest of the bottle on my body so it doesn't go to waste... I bought it since it claims to be oil free and noncomedogenic. This doesn't live up to the hype. I scrolled down the list of ingredients to see why I was breaking out- there's several different types of cones in here! That's why. Definitely wouldn't recommend this to anyone, especially the acne prone.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2011 11:48:00 PM More reviews by crazygood

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a pretty good sunscreen if you don't have dry skin. My skin wasn't really dry to begin with, but when I put this sunscreen on, it exaggerated parts of my face and made it look like I had dry spots. I've had a few breakouts, and this sunscreen made it look like my skin was reallllly realllllyy dry - plus it left a white film over my face. I like this sunscreen, because it evens out my skintone and doesn't smell like the typical sunblock, but I probably won't repurchase until my skin gets better.