October 23, 2014 | 2070 users online

Eye Shadow - Laura Mercier - Eye Colour in Cashmere

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2014 6:02:00 PM More reviews by ellen1159

Love her shadows, it's just that this one doesn't do anything for me (NC 20, blonde, blue-eyed). Too much pink in this shade, I need more brown/bronze to make my eyes pop.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2011 2:58:00 AM More reviews by TheBow

This is my HG eyeshadow for work. I have to look professional and well kept...no crazy make up. I love this! The shadow it self is sooooo creamy and smooth. This color is a beautiful natural looking shade of skin tone, it just enhances the eyes. Love this!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2011 3:19:00 PM More reviews by Leah27bnurse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I first received this eye shadow for free, yes FREE from a March of Dimes walk thing for volunteers at my college. I liked the color but wasn't sure about it at the time after a few uses, I gave it to my then, mother-in-law.

2 years later, I regret it...I went and bought this eye shadow because I realized that I wanted a more natural daytime look. And viola! It's a beautiful neutral color, with enough hint of color to show it is definitely there. I can't stand wearing neutral colors that don't show at all. This color is smooth, even, and wonderful to wear on the eyelid. No irritation for a sensitive skin person like me but definitely would use a primer to keep it on longer. Just a few swipes, add some natural mascara and that's it!

A little $$ (going rate at Sephora is $22 as well as the Laura Mercier site and other places) but worth it. It is a well-made eye shadow that looks very professional.

Enjoy!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2010 11:09:00 AM More reviews by ellenmarie1959

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Looking for a pinkish lilac/lavender that a blue eyed gal like me can wear. first I tried NARS D Gorgeous, too blue. so I went to the LM counter and the SA came up with this one. I liked the neutral aspect of it and although it's not the cool pink lavender I am still hunting for, I was surprised at how natural it looked on me, especially in the crease, for a minimal makeup daytime look. I'm 50 now so I can't be too strong or sparkly with shadows, especially in natural light. I love the texture and color payoff of LM shadows.

Now, on to find my HG pinkish lilac.....

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2010 10:20:00 PM More reviews by skwpt

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was surprised by how much I liked this shadow, both in the pan and on my lids. Cashmere is a cool-neutral pinked beige; it's as if MAC Quarry, Prescriptives Mushroom, and Bobbi Brown Cement had a menage a trois and produced Cashmere as their love child.

I first tried it on at night, after work, and it didn't wow me. I thought I'd swap it, but when I tried it on the following morning, the light of day allowed me to see how lovely it really is. It gave my blue-grey-green eyes contour without obvious color, a natural but polished look. The texture is velvety, staying power is excellent (12+ hours), and the color is buildable. This is definitely a shadow I'll reach for on 'le no makeup' days.

[UPDATE 6/27] I am downgrading my review by one lippie. I love this shadow when I put it on in the morning, but I have been wearing it for a week, and I have noticed that at night I look really tired. I finally figured out that this color oxidizes and turns orange on me. Strangely enough, it looks terrible on me in low incandescent light and looks its best in natural light or sunlight. I hate removing points because LM shadow formulations are so exquisite, but it's my review on how this product works on me. Not a keeper, alas. I might have to give Fresco or Rose a try, as a replacement for this neutral in my palette.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2010 5:34:00 PM More reviews by ZynthiaR

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Silky smooth, doesn't crease, not chalky at all. Amazing quality shadow and a beautiful neutral. It seems very beige but has a lovely pink tone to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2010 2:19:00 PM More reviews by jcl925

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I selected this in a swap because I had never tried a Laura Mercier e/s before and a shade that I can wear for my fairly conservative work place. Cashmere turns out to be a great taupy light pink shade with my skin tone. I thought it would be too light for any color to show on me but that's not the case. I'm so impressed with the quality. It goes on smooth as silk, not chalky at all! Great for a quick wash on my lids with a bit of a highligher color under my brows and I'm ready for a polished look at work or whenever I don't feel like putting on much make up. Would definitely purchase when I run out of this and would love to try more of LM's other colors!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2009 9:46:00 AM More reviews by sophrn

This is a matte pale pink shadow. It's just not that special to me. It is in my palette and it's not one of those colors that I reach for.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2009 4:02:00 AM More reviews by Jowina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

The color is a neutral that has abit of pink in it. Perfect for a sheer wash of color when I dont want to look too contrived. Texture is impeccable. Will certainly try other shades. Deducted lippies for packaging ( need seperate brush) and price (kinda expensive for a single color).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2008 6:21:00 PM More reviews by Abbieness

The quality is above and beyond, but the color does nothing for me. It feels like silk and spreads evenly, feels lovely, no creasing. The color looks like the color of my lids but worse. I look ill. I have fair skin with dark brown eyes and hair. Doesn't work well with my coloring. Pinks hat do work for me so far: MAC's Hush and Expensive Pink.