August 22, 2014 | 1074 users online

Eye Shadow - L'Oreal - HiP Concentrated Duo - Playful

rated 3 of 5 on 9/17/2012 11:14:00 AM More reviews by jordansmommy310

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

When I saw this in the pan unopened I fell in love with the peach shade now that I use it I have fell in love with the Brown shade. This duo is great for a neutral eye. I don't like the peach shade at all because I have to really pack it on even with a primer and base it still looks dull. It's very chalky and I had some fall out. The brown however is very pretty and blends well. I won't repurchase because the peach color is a fail.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2012 3:29:00 AM More reviews by StFace

I'm in love with the peachy color! I put it on my cheeks sometimes. It's reminiscent of MAC's Expensive Pink. The other color is so rich and I can't even describe it. Like a burgundy brown. These colors are winners.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2011 3:17:00 PM More reviews by lepeakes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

"Playful" was my very first HIP duo and I purchased when they first came out. I love peach and brown so I was so happy to have found this color and line. The peach is very pretty, but doesn't last at all.. I am always re-touching. This brown is so different from anything that I own as it has red undertones....beautiful. I gave it 3 lippies just because of its lasting power or lack thereof.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2011 11:10:00 PM More reviews by missichicki

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like these duos. The brown in this duo is absolutely the most beautiful, richest deep brown I own. Replaces MAC Mulch as my fave dark brown in my train case. It's a great staple color. Highly pigmented. The peach is very pretty, but I'm not quite sure how to use it or if I'll be wearing it at all. I'll probably wear it now and again because I switch up my look a lot. Definitely recommend this duo.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2011 3:40:00 PM More reviews by aquaopal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Black

This is my fave duo I have tried. I am a CCC and this looks great and blends really well. Provides either a very natural, polished, daytime look, or can be built up for a more contrasting, dramatic nighttime look. I wear this duo almost on a daily basis. Definitely would recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2010 3:31:00 AM More reviews by voodikon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i bought this on a 75% off clearance sale after buying shady because i wanted a matte taupe and brown combo. but actually i wear this one far more often. something about the peachiness and the sparkliness show up a lot better, and i really like the subtle sparkles in the brown as well. for the price (i think it was under $2) it was a great deal. of the three H.I.P. duos i own, this one is my favorite. and i think the packaging is fine. usually i use the brown just as a liner, applied with a thin angled brush above and below the lash line, and smudge a bit in the crease. the peach goes on the rest of the lid. not in that order.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2010 7:40:00 PM More reviews by Gonegreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my absolute favorite eyeshadow. This color is so flattering on my green eyes. I love it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2010 8:13:00 PM More reviews by Telly90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this back in January when CVS was having their 75% off sale/clearance. I thought that the peachy shade was a little too orange, but after I swatched it on my hand it turned out to be a very nice peach shade. The brown in the duo has little peach shimmers in it which very much compliments the peach shade. Since January I just left Playful in my make up bag and never "played" with it again. <--- Get it? Haha

Well now that it's spring/summer time I whipped this out to try it out again. It turns out to be a nice, fun natural look during the day. It just spruces your look up better than a boring taupe/matte brown look. So I would definitely suggest this duo for the summer. It's fun and of course it's even better when you get it on sale. =) Also, while I was playing around with the duo I noticed that if you put down a white base under the peach shade it turns out to be a pinky peach shade than if you were to put it under a brown base. So just a fun tip if you like to play with pinkier peach shades. Ok well I hope this helps. =)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2010 2:00:00 PM More reviews by fireangel32

The combo of colors is really nice. I love the darker brownish one and this one is actually soft as well as blendable. But the lighter peachy color is really chalky and I have to apply a few coats to get it to show on my skin tone. But once it is on it looks really nice. I don't like the packaging with the little mirror because if you are applying it on the go then you have to go back and forth.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2010 9:14:00 PM More reviews by juwel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous colours! This is my favourite of the Loreal HIP duos. The coral shade is bright and warm, whilst the other, darker plummy/brown shade complements it very well as a liner or as a medium shade in the crease. I am consistently impressed by the HIP duo shades and how well coordinated they are. These make my dark brown eyes pop and is a favourite in the summer for a light makeup look.